Old 01-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #1  

Unhappy ProPoints Anxiety D:

Hello! ^_^

I have always suffered from anxiety disorder and ocd tendancies D: and this has been a biggie for me every time i've done any diet. I'm so terrified that I might miscalculate the propoints of what i've eaten, accidentally over-eat, etc. I totally don't trust myself. Or others for that matter - I used to do WeightWatchers about 7 years ago and had 27 points ^_^ i now have 47 propoints and although that makes me very happy, it also makes me worried, D: and i'm worried that my leader might have vastly miscalculated or something D:

I also worry that I have portion sizes/propoints wrong... yesterday i was gobsmacked (though pleased) to find how many slices of chicken roll i could eat for a small amount of propoints.. just before i fell asleep yesterday night i had a horrid thought that maybe that brand was different to the standard one in the pocket guide (i couldnt find it in the Shop guide D: ).

Does anyone else have these worries, and how do you deal with them?

Thankyou ^_^

Last edited by Clara Cuppicake; 01-19-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Clara Cuppicake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

The plan works.

I know that the higher Points values for ProPoints/PointsPlus seems odd when coming to it from Momentum/TurnAround, but they've tweaked the plan to make it even healthier, and it still works.

You might have already noticed that while you've started with more Daily Points, that the Points values for certain foods have also increased. It balances out.

Here's my rule about foods in the system: I do not use "generic" foods.

What this means is that while I use the info for things like fruits and vegetables, if I were to have a slice of bread, I would not use any of the items in the system that generically say "bread".

The reason I don't is simple: The nutritional information in the system is likely different from the nutritional information of the item I'm eating. I take my time, and enter in the info for the brands that I use. That way I can be 100% sure of what I'm tracking.

I've seen similar things in the database for foods like "Lasagna" without giving any brand name information or saying what's in it. I avoid using those. When I make a Lasagna I put it into the recipe builder. I imagine the only time the most generic of foods is helpful is when it's the last resort. For example, if you have a meal at a friend's house or at a restaurant, and -need- to track something, but don't have any idea about the Points. It's better to track something than nothing. However, if I have the info in front of me, I would never use the generic.

Sometimes I wonder about the calculations, but I remind myself that not only do I have Weekly Points, but also Activity Points if I need. I also remind myself that I've lost 50 pounds. If I were doing something wrong, it would've shown by now. I have the rest of my life to learn, and to tweak my plans. I don't need to be perfect about everything right away.

It'll all fall into place over time, as long as you keep at it and stay committed.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #3  

Thankyou so much Lovely ^_^ I understand the not using generic points now, i will definitely do the same, as i have the shop guide. It turned out i did bork up a little yesterday as the generic chicken roll was actually different from the tesco brand... but luckily i was still within my daily limit, so i haven't lost my mojo.

Even if I had i would have had my safety blanket weeklies so it's all good. Thankyou so much for the help ^_^ I just have to be a bit more trusting in the system I think my anxiety will lessen after my first weigh in. The first week is usually teh worst for me as im never sure if im doing it right Thankyou tons!
Clara Cuppicake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #4  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Try to do some things to help yourself relax, maybe a bath or a fun celeb magazine. Stress never helps with weight loss so taking a few minutes every day to let your mind stop racing, and doing something good for yourself will also probably help!
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #5  
WW Moderator

Hi Clara! I started back on WW on Jan 12. I ate so well all week long that I was sure I had done something wrong, but I weighed in on Thursday and lost 4 1/2 pounds. So praise be to vegetables!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote