Old 08-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #1  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Default Weekly Chat - Aug 29th - Sep 4th

Noticed it was time for a new chat!

So with labor day weekend coming up, does anyone have any exciting plans? Any challenges?

I'm hoping to get some hiking in if the weather is decent, but hubby usually likes to avoid parks on holiday weekends. We haven't talked about it yet though, he gets back into town today.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #2  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Nothing plan so far except maybe going to a beer tasting festival (a very diet friendly activity lol)

Have a nice day everyone!!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

I have a challenge. I start my new job tomorrow and tomorrow is my ww meeting tha I won't be able to go to!

I love my meetings and love weighing in there. So I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning at home and try to figure ou a new meeting time/place to go to.

That and packing my food again. I have been off work for 5 months.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #4  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

I'll be taking off a week in September and hope to get some major house cleaning (read that cleaning out) done, together with some painting. It never ends.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

This will be the first long weekend in a long time that i have been off work. So i am looking forward to having 3 days off in a row! wowsers!

We do not have any special plans, however we live a close driving distance to 1000 islands off the St.Laurence seaway and may go to Gananoque to a boat tour of the islands and a stop off at Bolt Castle. Always fun to just get out and do SOMETHING. If that doesnt happen then we decided to cross the border and do some shopping in NY state. We like to go to Target, since we dont have them in Ontario and then go out for dinner and drive home. Its a nice day out as well. 2 hour drive there and 2 hours back. We just got a new car so we have been looking for places to take it. We always go to the restaurant "Ponderosa" when we go, but havent been since ive been doing weight watchers... so i am going to jump out on a limb and say that it isnt the best place to eat! so, we will see. Maybe the boat cruise is the better option because we can stop and do a picnic on the way Either way, thats how i will spend the weekend!!

EDIT - I just realized when i posted that my ticker is showing my progress as almost halfway to my goal weight. I didnt realize i was so well into it. Kind of a visual eye opener... considering i remember when it was so much further to the left side lol.

Last edited by mercuryblue; 08-29-2011 at 11:01 PM.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #6  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

My best friend is going to be in town this weekend so I'm super excited! I haven't seen her since her wedding in June 2010. I was a bridesmaid and I'm actually wondering if she'll notice a difference in how I look now compared to then! I was practically strapped into that dress, haha
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #7  

I always forget you're from Ottawa, mercuryblue, I jumped when I red 1000 islands lol

Tudor_rose, sounds like you have great plans!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 193/180/135

Height: 5'7"

Well, I'm going to a picnic on Monday, so there will be special challenges there. I'm just going to try to visualize and pre-plan what I'll eat so I can make sure that I am within my PointsPlus allowance. Not really sure exactly what will be there (sure the regular burger, hot dog fare), but I might actually bring a healthy side too just to be safe.

As far as Saturday and Sunday go, I am looking forward to the art of doing nothing (although I'm still going to go to my WW Mtg Saturday and take Zumba and Yoga each weekend day)--I'm also going to try to fit in a workout class before I leave for the picnic.
PacNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

so every morning in my hazy sleepy state, i gently step on the scale in the bathroom, and hold my breath as it ticks over trying to find me a number. Then i almost die, when it reads 3-4lbs heavier (like 197)..... then i move it back a little.... and it reads a lower number...

lol i was trying to sound dramatic. Im considering moving the scale out of the bathroom to another room. The weight increase just frustrates me

no weight loss this week. a .4 gain i believe.
I ate too much pasta. My portions when i made pasta were seriously huge, so although i did "well" elsewhere, the pasta blew me over.

live and learn right
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #10  

Aww Jinksie! At least it isn't a major increase...

I had a homemade cupcakes sales today on my department to get money for Run for the cure 2011, for the breast cancer foundation. 26 cupcakes, I got 95$. People were so generous
Old 09-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #11  

Hey Everyone hope your all having a great week. Happy September!!!

Jinksie try not to stress about those little gains (I know thats easier said then done) at least you know where its coming from with the pasta. And your right live and learn!

Turbo thats awesome on the cupcake sales!!! You have some great people at your work. I think I will be taking part in the Run for the Cure too this year in Kingston.

I have to get my but to a close by ww meeting right near my work at lunch, since I have missed my weigh in on tuesday. Come on ladies give me some motivation to go. Im hesitant because I dont "feel".

Anyway I hope everyone has a great day. I will check back in later.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proatthis View Post
Turbo thats awesome on the cupcake sales!!! You have some great people at your work. I think I will be taking part in the Run for the Cure too this year in Kingston.
So cool! Is it the 2th of October too in Kingston?
Old 09-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Proatthis - get your bum in there. You know that you need it and will feel better for having gone no matter what.

I'm happy to say I'm emotionally in a better place and physically as well, compared to last week. It probably has a ton to do with the fact that I am eating properly again. Funny how food affects us right?

It doesn't hurt that school started this week, the kids are off and I'm off. It is killing me to be up at 6:30 am every morning but my classes are keeping me busy and eating properly around them so far has been easier than I thought it would be.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #14  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I totally lucked out this week and still lost half a pound after having an awful weekend of eating bad stuff, eating MORE than I should, and just generally being lazy!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #15  

Tiffany glad to hear your in a better place mentally and physically.

I went to my weigh in today at lunch and I am up 2.5 pounds!!!

Seriously it can't be my diet. I'll let you guys know what changed and tell my what u think. I had more wine in the last week but counted everything. I started a new job and have been standing a lot. I am a little stressed out due to the training I'm going through and just the fact that I am in a totally new line of work and trying to learn a new job.
It was humid today. I weighed in at a different location so different scale. And I was wearing work clothes instead of my lighter tights and tank.

Anyway it is what it is. I'm just going to keep my chin up and keep going.

Oh Turbo I think the run is on the same day in Kingston. I have to double check