Old 07-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/229/150 mini goal 200

Height: 5"5 1/2

Default Need Some Advice

I work 12 hour shifts 8pm-8am. Most of my shift I sit and watch tv or read a book. I take care of two mentally disabled ladies in their home, so I take my own food. I pack 2 meals, and 2 snacks. One meal is usually a ww meal and the other a sandwich. Once I get home at 8 am I eat something light, keep my blood sugar up while i sleep. I just finished my first week on ww and lost 8 pounds. What advice do you have for me to help continue losing weight? I know that I won't always lose that much weight every week.

Do you think I should try to cut it down to 1 meal and the rest low cal snacks? Here's my schedule, I tend to stick to the same when I'm at home as well:

12am meal
2 am snack
4 am meal
6 am snack
8am snack

When I'm home I switch the 4 and 6. I'm busy at 6 am at work so I don't have time to eat a meal Does that look responsible? I've been staying within my daily points every once in awhile tapping into my weekly points.
Moobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moobunny View Post
I work 12 hour shifts 8pm-8am. Most of my shift I sit and watch tv or read a book. I take care of two mentally disabled ladies in their home, so I take my own food. I pack 2 meals, and 2 snacks. One meal is usually a ww meal and the other a sandwich. Once I get home at 8 am I eat something light, keep my blood sugar up while i sleep. I just finished my first week on ww and lost 8 pounds. What advice do you have for me to help continue losing weight? I know that I won't always lose that much weight every week.

Do you think I should try to cut it down to 1 meal and the rest low cal snacks? Here's my schedule, I tend to stick to the same when I'm at home as well:

12am meal
2 am snack
4 am meal
6 am snack
8am snack

When I'm home I switch the 4 and 6. I'm busy at 6 am at work so I don't have time to eat a meal Does that look responsible? I've been staying within my daily points every once in awhile tapping into my weekly points.

I will leave this for someone who is working night shifts. Those are really tough hours you have there, kudos to you. I worked night shifts for 8 yrs full time at a hospital here, so i know how you feel. I gained a lot of weight when i worked nights too... we ate all the time, it felt like all we did was eat lol. It would definitely be much easier to get the advice of someone already doing those hours, i know our metabolism is slower at night so i wonder what you may have to do differently to adjust to that. Other wise your eating schedule looks ok to me!!
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/229/150 mini goal 200

Height: 5"5 1/2

I was wondering since my schedule is backwards maybe my metabolism would work that way too! Be slower during the day when I sleep...some how I don't think it works that way!
Moobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

It looks perfectly fine. The way to lose weight on Weight Watchers is use your Points wisely, not feel deprived, and to continue going forward no matter what.

There's no "magic" time of day to eat or stop eating. It's individual based on the person's body and schedule. There's no right or wrong. So keep doing what you're doing, and if down the road you're on a plateau (that's 4-6 weeks of wabbling around the same numbers) then comb through your schedule and make changes until you find what clicks.

But for right now? You're doing fine =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote