Old 07-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I use my activity points and my weeklies, but not all of them. I usually reserve weeklies for a glass of wine here and there. AP I use for an extra snack to keep my going. I get soo hungry after a workout!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #17  
Amazing will be me

wow im amazed at the amout of people dont use their weeklys.

Im finding i struggle not to. Hmmm ?? i dip in to at least a few everyday i generally dont use them all but i think my forst 2 weeks i didnt use them then now i always seem to be dipping in. maybe i should hold back ???
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: (HW 330) this time 260/230/175

Height: 5'7"

I was trying not to use them at all thinking less was better, but I have found that for me; using them once a week to splurge on a big meal or two seems to boost my weightloss. Very strange, but I lose better when I use them. I still can't wrap my brain around it though, my mind is convinced that it can't possibly be "helping" me lose quicker by eating more, but my body proves otherwise
I figure WW has been around long enough though that obviously I am not the only one this works for, hence the reason those points are there. Though once again, not everyone has the same outcome.

Last edited by Jerbs; 07-16-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Jerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/196/160

Height: 5'3"

Sometimes I use a couple when I need a snack and I have already reached my daily maximum. I have used all of them at one go (plus whatever I had left that day) for a really delicious thank you dinner. I house/cat sat for a week for my neighbours and they took me to a really nice restaurant. Free food - free fancy food! You better believe I used all my points that time!
Lucky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #20  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I don't use my weeklies, but I do eat nearly all of my AP's (I jog and earn an average of 5 per day). I started adding a glass of low fat milk in the evening before bed to use more points, actually.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 234/tracker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I use my weeklies for special events. And one point here and there depending on what my DH cooks that night.

My Dad's theory (not a nutritionalist, just a Dad) is that once/week you should eat more than you do the rest of the week to confuse your metabolism. Hey, it's a theory
FlygURL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 232/153/135

Height: 5'3"

I don't really have a hard and fast rule for how to use them. I've lost eating all of them (blew them all in one sitting at a world famous, 8 course dinner restaurant with a serving of wine with every course--and still lost 2 lbs that week! :O), and lost eating none of them.

I'm in recovery from binge eating (like, serious binge eating), so I plan three nutritious, balanced meals per day plus one snack. So when I use my weeklies, it's generally to round out dinner or have a more dense snack. Or I use them for special occasions (luckily a dinner out like I described is a once every few years occasion, but it doesn't trigger my binging to have a half cup of awesome ice cream from our favorite real ice cream place or to have a small piece of cake at a birthday party, so I do allow myself to have that if I *want* to).

I think each person has to decide what works for them. I know successful folks who eat all their weeklies every week, divvying it up between the days of the week so it's even; other people who are kind of middle of the road like me, and people who don't ever use them except in an emergency. I don't think any of those things are wrong.

I notice that I used them a lot more in the beginning than I do now. For the first month of program I ate all of them religiously every week, but now I don't need or want them as much. I can imagine using them more if I were to train for an athletic event, or if I was losing weight too quickly (I don't want to lose a ton of muscle).
tigerchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #23  
Onederland Bound!

S/C/G: 254/Ticker/200

Height: 5'3

As another person said, don't feel guilty for using them as they are yours to use as you please. I don't use my weeklies or activity points myself I just stick to my base points. Infact if I go over my base points by 1 point I feel guilty BUT the point is that you have to do what works for you, right?
SweetTreat80 is offline   Reply With Quote