Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Talking Non-Scale Victory

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to start a thread for us to post our daily/weekly non-scale victories. I think many of us focus on the number we see on the scale each week when we should be patting ourselves on the back for all the NSV's!

Today I'm finally back on track and tracked faithfully, I have one single point left for the day and I'm not going to use it because I'm satisfied right now. I ate well today and got in most of my GHG's.

Last week I did 30 REAL pushups holding perfect form and that was huge for me because when I first started, I couldn't even do one!

Hope everyone is having an awesome week
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

My NSV for the week is starting Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I never would have thought I could do it. But I did! And I feel it in my muscles today and I LIKE it!!

Yay to push ups (I have to do the modified version) and tracking faithfully! I have to say, tracking is one of my stronger suits for WW. Good for you! I hope you see the results on the scale too!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #3  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

My NSV is continuing to exercise every day after work!

I work Monday - Thursday 9am - 9pm. I've designated Thursday my exercise day off (as I work out Friday, Sat and Sun), but both this week and last week, M-W, I have been at work for 12 hours then came home and worked out!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #4  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

I'm not in weight watchers, I just saw the post when clicking "New Posts" just wanted to say I think this is a GREAT thread and congrats to all of you!
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #5  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

What a wonderful idea for a thread, KimberlyP!

This week, I finally hit the 1 km (0.62 mile) swimming Did that in 34 minutes, I'm really proud of myself! I didn't even felt tired or anything like that after.

yay for all of us!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Mine isn't that exciting but i finally started tracking after 3 weeks off schedule from surgery! Still up on the weight but trying to get back
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/141.5/125

Height: 5'3

Yesterday I finally broke down and bought a few new shirts and a new skirt. The Gap was having a big sale so I was able to grab some solid color shirts for $4. And guess what all the shirts and even the skirt too were MEDIUMS!!! I was literally doing a dance in the dressing room I was so excited.
catahoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #8  
Less of a Better Me

I was able to wear a blouse that I haven't worn in almost 10 years. I also was able to try on size 16 pants and have them fit.

I bought my first sports bra ever. It is so comfortable I am going to wear it instead of a regular bra most of the time when I wear one (never do around the house).
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Today I bought 2 $5 pizzas for my kiddos, I was too tired to cook after working 2 jobs. I didn't have a single piece and normally I would have had 4 or 5! I've been back on track and tracking faithfully for 2 solid days now which is huge because I didn't think it would be this easy.

Hope everyone is having an awesome week and congrats on all of your NSV's!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

i bought a size 14 skirt at a thrift store the other day!!! i used to shop for a 16w
& i was wearing demin shorts under this skirt when i tried it on
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:41 AM   #11  

Seems like we're having a lot of clothes related NSV! I tried on a dress (well, 3) that I purchased between the summer of 2005 and the fall of 2007. They all three fit! I picked the one that was most flattering for my youngest nephew's 8th grade promotion this Monday. Last June my oldest nephew graduated high school so I am hoping I can dig up some pictures of then VS now.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Default Nsv!

Ok, so I've always known the key to my losing weight is--> not eating out, but preparing my own meals. Normally I enforce that with a strictness, but my SO & I came into a little bit extra money for breathing room this month, and we've been treating our fam to meals out, since it'd been a while (and after paying bills, of course). Last Monday I purchased a Papa Murphy's veggie pizza, cut it into proper single portions to freeze for my lunches, but then ate like 10 fries from the bottom of the bag from my SO/kids McDonald dinner. Tuesday, I got chinese food- hello lemon chicken and pork fried rice, it's been a long time (I ate proper WW portion-sizes, but still.). Wednesday, I was good. Thursday was an all-day Portland trip, so a mall food-court beef/lamb gyro (no fries!) for lunch, a Cinnabon mochalotta chill & cinnastix + frosting for snack, plus a Taco Bell crunchy taco for dinner (good lord, baddest day of bad days). Friday, 1 shrimp enchilada from a mexican restaurant + super small portions of whole black beans & rice (which would have been fine, if I hadn't scarfed the chips and refried beans they gave us beforehand). Yesterday- 1/2 a Taco Bell crunchwrap supreme- which I stopped eating only out of guilt because I reached my target daily points before hand.

Clearly I still can't be trusted around food right now, 1.5 month into WW. I think it's PMS week, too, but again.. still.

My NSV--> taking my SO + kids, dad, and sis + family to brunch for Fathers Day, and ordering a poached egg, hashbrowns (and giving half to one of my kids, leaving me with about 1/3 c HBs), and a small bowl of fresh strawberries. Which is a normal-sized meal for me (tho normally have toast with butter, not HB), AND I was completely satisfied from 11 until now (5:30).

I do not need to gorge on junk, I can get this under control! I will not eat out at ALL this week, even though my next term of college is starting up tomorrow and i'll be gone Mon & Wed from 8:30AM - 5PM. I will be good!

Last edited by girlsenberry; 06-19-2011 at 08:39 PM.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #13  

Found a jean skirt that I haven't worn since fall of 2007. I chose that for the graduation tonight. New (medium) pink blouse and heals to top it off. I am going to have someone take a picture of me at some point to post on here!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #14  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I have a MAJOR non-scale victory that I found out this afternoon while packing.

My mom passed away a bit less than a year ago and a couple of weeks before she died, she gave me 2 rings that belonged to her, her engagement ring and a ring my dad that my dad gave to her for on of her birthday with tiny topaz on it because she was born in november (which is also my birthday month)

However, then rings never fit me, my fingers were a bit too chubby for that. (my mother was overweight too, but remain with tiny fingers, never understood now)

So this afternoon I was packing them and don't know why, decided to try them on.

AND THEY FIT!!! They're still a tiny bit tight but they go through my finger now.

I'm so overwelmed. It finally shows that I lost weight, but I can also carry those precious gift from my mother now.

Just wanted to share the news, we can do it girls, healthy new life is just there waiting for us to grab it and enjoy it
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/243.2/175

Height: 5'2

Turbo--thats an awesome NSV!

Ive been getting clothes from goodwill or friends during my weight loss. Today I got a cardigan in a 16-18! big difference from my 26/ 28's before.

Another NSV was seeing my kids former teacher in the store and she stopped when I saw her the 2nd time just to tell me how good I looked. I really needed that at that moment!
myhaloisintheshop is offline   Reply With Quote