Old 04-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229.6/187.66/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Unhappy Worried about my eating at Easter

I'm on the old flex weight watchers plan (not officially I do it myself through things I've found online and a couple of booklets that were given to me). I get 26 daily points and 35 weekly. My week starts fresh each Sunday. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday I overate all 3 days (in a row). Sunday morning I weighed in with a 1.3 pound loss; however I feel bigger than ever right now and am really concerned. I didn't exercise yesterday at all and that could be part of it?? I don't know. Does anyone else get days like that? Would 3 days of in a row set me up for a gain next Sunday? I'm going to try to pull myself together again with the mind set and get at least 2-3 points of exercise in daily until next Saturday (I weigh in on May 1st next). I haven't had a gain since I started losing in January and that really concerns me that I wasn't more careful. Yesterday I forgot to track 6 points worth of food intake (I realized this morning) so that set me way over. I've also been dipping into the kids Easter chocolate (ever so slightly) - I've been tracking and counting each piece, but still! I've come so far I don't want to go backwards. In the past I'd start losing weight, give up and gain more than ever. I've never lost this much before and I don't want to get back in that pattern.
MeltinMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

There's absolutely nothing you can do about what you did yesterday. Move on, make better choices, and forgive yourself.

At holidays and celebrations, I enjoy myself and try not to worry about counting points or calories too much. (Obviously I don't gorge myself to the point of being sick, but for example I had a medium sized slice of chocolate pie for dessert yesterday. Yum!)

If you're feeling thicker, it could just be the fact that you're retaining water -- would you have happened to eat a large amount of sodium over the weekend? That definitely makes me feel bigger.

The worst thing you could do is say "Well, I've already messed up, so what's another day of bad eating?" -- just fix it NOW and get back on the horse! I doubt you ate enough to really gain much of anything - (3,500 calories in a pound -- that's a lot of calories that you have to eat ON TOP of your daily maintenance!)

Drink lots of water today and I'm sure you'll be feeling better about it.

My 2 cents!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #3  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Dorian is right. Forget yesterday, hanging onto it can only cause you problems. That feeling of guilt can be enough to sabotage your eating however long you will let it. The damage from 2 or 3 days can't possibly be THAT much as long as you get back on track now. If the scale shows a gain next weigh in, just accept it as a casualty of your dieting war, try to learn from it, and move on.

I think we all have to go through this atleast once. If you do it right, it can be your ammunition instead of your downfall. Being faced with the penalty of a small gain can be a source of motivation if you choose to let it-the next time you are tempted, you'll remember this and realize how those little treats aren't worth the consequences of undoing everything you've worked towards.

Today is a new day. So is tomorrow. Let those be your focus, rather than something you can't change
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229.6/187.66/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Thank you ladies. I have to get exercising again - that usually helps balance everything - mood, cravings etc. I didn't exercise yesterday and I think that has a lot to do with my mood. I'll get on my exercise bike tonight and get back in the swing of things!!
MeltinMom is offline   Reply With Quote