Old 03-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/170.6/120

Height: 4'9'

Default What positive changes have you made since starting WW?

I get so hung up on what the scale says. I need to start reminding myself of the steps I've taken to improve my health since starting back on WW.

The big changes I've made:

I drink water. Not a ton, but a lot. A whole lot more than I did before. Before was zero.

I eat fruit (since PPlus debuted). I eat at least three servings a day. That's up from zero. I'm chowing down on pineapple as we speak. That's in addition to the grapes I had with lunch, and the pear I had for an afternoon snack.

I eat less overall. I'm still hungry all the time (I've always been hungry all the time), but I'm eating less. A lot less.

I don't weigh myself every day. I do get on the scale in the middle of my week, but not every single day. That way, I don't drive myself crazy over every single ounce gained or lost, or the water weight from last night's sushi.

That's it for me right now, but I have a long way to go. What's changed for you?

Tara
MarriedLadyTara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #2  
CarsonsMama

S/C/G: 192.4/*see ticker*/150

Height: 5'7''

Hi There!
I find that now I choose the healthier foods because I can have MORE of it for the same amount of points as the less healthy food! It also helps me eat more fruits and veggies too!! Plus I just FEEL sooooooo good. (More energy, etc.)

Last edited by mhuppert; 03-29-2011 at 08:37 PM.
mhuppert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

The hugest differences have been in my yoga practice. I'm getting so much stronger, getting into poses I couldn't before, holding other poses longer. The scale is moving slowly but my pant are getting looser and looser, even my smaller ones were bagging today. I want the scale to keep moving down, but I'm thrilled on a daily basis with all the other changes my body is making.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:26 PM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

For me, I eat more fruit. On the old plan, I rarely ever ate fruit because it cost points that I didn't want to waste. So I was bad about eating fruit, so I love that it's 0 points now. I don't go crazy with it, but I usually manage to have 3 servings of fruit a day, one with each meal and then always have veggies.

I've also gotten better at making informed decisions when I go out to eat. Many chains have menus and nutrition information online, so it's easy to decide what to eat and calculate points before even stepping into the restaurant. Last weekend I went out with my family to a local restaurant that didn't have their nutrition info online, but I looked at the menu, decided what I wanted and, on a whim, emailed the restaurant. They emailed me back with the NI for the entree I wanted and I could plan the rest of my points from there!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #5  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

I have better control over my portion sizes. And I make better food choices because of the limitation of points we get. I want to get the most bang for my buck
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote