Old 03-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #16  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
Cardio doesn't burn that many calories. If you don't do it for at least an hour, it works for health but not weight loss.
I dont agree with this. If you do cardio in high intensity intervals that line up with your target heart rate zone for at least 25-30 min, you can def burn tons of calories and there is fat loss.
uncontentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #17  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

i think a couple good pointers were brought up already in this thread:

1. calorie counting: if you use sparkpeople, or my fave livestrong, for a couple of days to see where your average is at it might help. i calorie count as well as do WW online and i think its really really helpful, especially when I want to see exactly how much protein/fiber/carbs im taking in.

2. maybe change your weigh in day? what is your weigh in day, btw?

and from my experience: water, more fiber in your diet maybe? and also, i know some people dont like to, but i weigh myself EVERY day just to see when i fluctuate and to try to teach myself why. its very very helpful.

i hope you feel better and dont give up!
uncontentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I have ALL the Momentum materials here for you, picked them up at my meeting Wednesday. Turns out my leader had a huge box left filled with everything that she hadn't gotten rid of. I'm going to ship them out to you by this weekend.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

Kim!!! I will reach out to you on facebook...I think I want to try Momentum too if you have enough stuff.

I am also going to try tracking my calories for a day and seeing where that puts me. That's a really good idea.

Sorry to hijack this thread, OP. Your frustration echoed mine and I thought we could pound our fists on the table together.

My weigh in day/time is Wednesdays at 5:30. I'd really like to do a morning weigh in, but I'm having a hard time finding one that works into my schedule.

I think I might try Sunday mornings at 10. That could be the best option for me. Since I already weighed in this week, I might hit up the meeting this Sunday and check it out.

Thanks for the encouragement!!!
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I'm pretty sure I have more and if I don't, I'll grab some at my next meeting which is Wednesday! There was literally this huge box of stuff, I should have grabbed the whole thing and brought it home.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #21  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes83 View Post
Marianne - Did you try and talk to a leader? Maybe you need to lower your points? There was a lady at one of our meeting that was having the same problem as you. She is now loosing weight because her daily went down.
I have only gained once so far on my journey (because I went way over board). I started with 42 points!! I am now at 40 points. I hardly ever reach that many points but if there is a day that I want to use them all, I do. I know they tell you to use them all but if your satisfied, why?
Don't give up, there are other solutions!
She wasn't there yesterday. She was out of town...and the leader that was there...she rubbed me the wrong way when she weighed me....so I didn't want to talk to her.

I'm lowering my points for this week... I have 44...and its a lot. But I'm getting all the momentum materials and switching back for now. Please no Weight Watcher ****s going on and on about how the plan works if you stick to it the right way...I have...and it's not working. I record everything I eat...and even without a large amount of excercise...I shouldn't be gaining...I should be loosing a little bit.

Thanks guys for your support. I'm so emotionally exausted with everything else in my life...I need this to work.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #22  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniDMB View Post
Kim!!! I will reach out to you on facebook...I think I want to try Momentum too if you have enough stuff.

I am also going to try tracking my calories for a day and seeing where that puts me. That's a really good idea.

Sorry to hijack this thread, OP. Your frustration echoed mine and I thought we could pound our fists on the table together.

My weigh in day/time is Wednesdays at 5:30. I'd really like to do a morning weigh in, but I'm having a hard time finding one that works into my schedule.

I think I might try Sunday mornings at 10. That could be the best option for me. Since I already weighed in this week, I might hit up the meeting this Sunday and check it out.

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Haha no problem!!!

I weigh in on Wednesdays at 6. I can't go to earlier meetings because of work...and I LOVE My leader and refuse to go to a meeting with someone else.

I may have to start weighing daily...I'm just afraid of it turning into a really bad obsession.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 209.5/ticker/150

How frustrating.

Are you eating your weekly points? I didn't eat any of mine one week and I didn't lose anything. Now I eat most of them every week and I have been losing steadily. It seems counter-intuitive that I would be losing more while eating more, but for some reason it works. It might be worth trying.
chubbymommy724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Im frustrated too... had my weigh in this morning and didnt lose anything and i was actually GOOD this week!! Its so frustrating. definately on weeks like this i feel like quitting, cause its just not worth the aggravation and mental torment. This week i will be trying to kick my own ***, will not eat the weeklies and see if that will make some difference. Feels like... "what a waste of a week". First thing that flew out my mouth after i saw the scale, and the chick weighing me is all jovial, happy, laughing and joking. I honestly wanted to slap her lol! Im terrible
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 210/189.6/143

Last week my leader advised us to avoid salty foods the day before a weigh-in. The extra salt causes water retention, which results in a higher number on the scale.
Scoutieout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:55 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

ya no joke! this is very true! last night i had a few tortilla chips with salsa and a little cheese. I am sure thats what did it this morning for me. I feel a little better now, but omg this morning i should have changed my name to misery. Funny how i am 3 lbs less on the scale 10 min ago than i was at 8am this morning. I realize i cant be so hard on myself. Just whyyyyy cant it be easier!!!!
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote