Old 02-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default First Weigh In

I had my first weigh in tonight and I'm down 2.2lbs!
I'm super happy with that. I was afraid I wasn't going to lose at all. I haven't been that great at staying on plan this week for a couple of reasons:

1. I hate to waste food/money so I'm eating up the remainder of the foods in my pantry. Not that they are all bad foods, just not necessarily what I should be buying in the future.
2. I've been having a hard time calculating the points value of the foods I'm eating. I know there is a calculator online and I use it when I can, but if I'm just grabbing a snack or something quick I don't always have time get online to figure it out. Also not all the foods I'm eating were coming up in the search online, which has been kinda frustrating.
3. I only worked out once this week. Totally need to step up the exercise.

But I'm happy with the 2.2lbs. Now my hubby joined with me and he actually gained 6lbs! I have no idea what that was about and I know it upset him. He hasn't been very good about logging his food and when he does, I don't think he is eating his total points. So hopefully he is motivated more this week.

My birthday is Saturday and we've decided to go camping and hiking for the weekend. It's not our normal type of getaway but we are trying to do something more active. Hoping to burn lots of calories this weekend.
LosinJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #2  
Nine years to go!

S/C/G: 270/256/140

Height: 5'2

Yay! Down Down Down! Good job... and happy birthday! Great birthday trip idea.
Ten Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

Great job! Are you only doing WW Online? You need a handheld points calculator. I couldn't survive without mine! Can you order them online, or do you have a center nearby where you could buy one? They are $10 at mine.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

They were saying at our last meeting that most of the centers were sold out of the calculators. I bought mine in january and i am very glad that i did. I use it all the time too. I calculated a box of Kraft Dinner just to see, and just about LOST my mind!!! Note ** Never eat kraft dinner! its baaaaaad! **

I saw people trying to peddle the calculators on Ebay for 100$! i couldnt beleive it. So they must be scarce. I think that there are some cell phone apps that have the calc available so you can use when needed. No idea how to get that though

And congrats on the loss!!!! omg its so exciting! I get excited for the weigh in day. even when i am dreading the day cause of what i ate, i am secretly excited lol

Last edited by mercuryblue; 03-01-2011 at 11:59 AM.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #5  
Nine years to go!

S/C/G: 270/256/140

Height: 5'2

Something I thought of after I read this again... you mentioned that you had a hard time calculating the points of quick snacks or if you just had to grab something. This used to be a huge issue for me, but what will help a ton is to never let yourself get in the situation where you have to blindly grab something to eat. Have a few snacks readily available that you already KNOW the PP value for. Most importantly, plan plan plan. I take a few minutes in the evening to completely plan every bite I'll take the next day. That way I know what to pack in my bag when I leave the house in the morning and I am am not stuck trying to figure out what to eat for lunch and figure out the PP for it.

Good luck!
Ten Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/240/200

Height: 5'7"

Great Job.
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote