Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 09:03 PM   #1  

Question New Member

Hi,

I am a new member to this website, and re-newed member to WW. I was on the WW program before the points system came into effect. I would love to hear from you to obtain some of your helpful hints for staying on track with the progam. For the first time, in the many first times that I have experienced, I am looking forward to this journey.
Old 12-04-2002, 12:29 PM   #2  

Beamer, congrats on taking up the journey! I too was on the WW program years ago, before the points system, but gave up before reaching goal. When I rejoined several years ago, I just loved the points system! It is so easy to follow, and works in well with "real life." (I lost 100 pounds and reached goal summer of 2001; have maintained since.)

Hints for staying on track? JOURNAL!!! Write every bite. Try new veggies, herbs, spices, recipes. Enjoy what you eat, and choose fresh, high-quality stuff. (Junk food just isn't "points-worthy," imho.) Be sure to get in some exercise every day; a 30-min. brisk walk does wonders for the metabolism and for your mood. The more fun you have with the program, and the more optimistic you are, the easier it is to lose the weight. Basically, just follow the program in as many aspects as you can, take it one day at a time, plan for tricky situations (take healthy snacks along) and enjoy!
Wishing you the best,
Jan
Old 12-04-2002, 06:06 PM   #3  

Beamer, congratulations on renewing WW. I have been on WW since the end of Sept. What keeps me on track is going to WW meetings. Knowing that I have to face the scale each week I think twice about "cheating", and after every meeting I feel very motivated to keep on going. Also, as JanetMae said, JOURNAL and exercise. Keep track of everything you eat, even if you go over your points, write it down. Come to these boards often, you will get a lot of encouragement and support.

JanetMae, congratulations on maintaining your goal weight for over a year. That's truly fantastic. I am determined this time around to get to my goal. This is my 3rd attempt at WW, and I know it will be my last.

Take care. Aleka
Old 12-04-2002, 08:29 PM   #4  

JanetMae / Aleka,

Thank you very much for the encouraging words and helpful hints.

Congratulations to you JanetMae for reaching goal and keeping it off. I can only hope that one day I will be experiencing the same joy.

Aleka, keep up the good work. You seem to be in the right track, and I have no doubt that you will be successful this time around. I too have been attending the meetings and can say I have been enjoying them(never attended the meetings during my other attempts and memberships at WW).

Beamer
Old 12-05-2002, 07:12 AM   #5  

Question

Beamer, I just have to ask. Is that your "baby" in your avatar? I have a GF who had a Basset Hound many years ago. Her dog is gone now, and she misses him terribly. That is my "baby" in my avatar. She'll be 2 yrs. old on Sat.

I know you will be successful doing WW too.

Aleka
Closed Thread