Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:57 AM   #1  

Smile losing weight !- new member

hi everyone. i am sue . i am a single momof a wonderfull little girl who will be 4 in dec . i am trying to lose weight for my health and be able to spend more time with my daughter. starting weight was 218 and my weight now is 190lbs. my goal is 160 and then maybe 150. it is not as hard as i thought but i still want bread and such. I have not had bread in over a month or any enriched flours. I do eat alot of meat with out any flours . i am eating alot of eggs. i am doing the low carb high protein (atkins). I am motavated in loseing the weight. my doctor told me to lose weight for my hernia surgery. i has surgery this past april 27 and i am doing fine. i was told to try to keep the weight off so that will help with keeping the hernia fixed . they fixed my hernia up and ii am doing okay. off work for about 5 weeks. i will be off for 5 weeks and i hope that i can stay busy and not mess up my diet. I want to be at least 180 or less when i go back to work. I am interested in seeing how everyone keeps motavated in keeping the weight off and how you are doing on your diet. i used to go to deit workshop and it is a really good plan but i think it is getting to commerical wanting you to buy a lot of prodcuts. well got to run,sue
Old 05-05-2004, 04:15 PM   #2  

Height: 5 foot

Congrats on your weight loss!!! Keep up the good work, you can do it... especially with your attitude!! (It's not as hard as I thought) That's great! Good job
Old 05-05-2004, 11:17 PM   #3  

Default thank you

thank you for your nice reply. i have been on so many diet but this low carb diet is the best for me. i feel great. this eveing i was tempted to cheat. my mom had brought my 3 yr old little girl some chocolate wafer cookies and ice cream home . i did not take any but i did have 4 jelly beans (starburst jelly beans ). that was the only cheating i did. i before i got online right now i was looking in the mirror and i took a look at my stomach and that gave me more will power that i know i will make it. my stomacjh is looking better. when i go back to work in 5 weeks i hope to be down in my weight more. sue
Old 05-05-2004, 11:37 PM   #4  
my dad made me1 from wood

wtg sue. Im sure u can get down to ur weight goals......
Old 05-06-2004, 11:15 AM   #5  

Hi sue, I am new here too. I was looking to chat with others about their weight loss and what type of programs they are doing. I changed my life about 2 1/2 years ago and I am trying to get to my goal weight. I was thinking about doing the low-carb thing because my weight loss has slowed some. Can you give me some tips on the low-carb program? Right now I'm not on any diet, I just dont do fast food are anything fried and have cut my portions. Maybe you can give me some tips.

Trenice SW224, CW179, GW155
Old 05-06-2004, 11:29 AM   #6  

Hi sue, I am new here too. I was looking to chat with others about their weight loss and what type of programs they are doing. I changed my life about 2 1/2 years ago and I am trying to get to my goal weight. I was thinking about doing the low-carb thing because my weight loss has slowed some. Can you give me some tips on the low-carb program? Right now I'm not on any diet, I just dont do fast food are anything fried and have cut my portions. Maybe you can give me some tips.

Trenice SW224, CW179, GW155
Old 05-06-2004, 02:03 PM   #7  

are you drinking enough water? i am doing the atkins diet. now what works for me may not work for you. i would buy some low carb diet books or go to your library and see if the have any low carb boooks and check them out read them throughly. i have read my atkins book alot. i bought a low carb counter book and it has a lot of name brands foods and fast food restraunts and gives fat ,carbs,cals,chol it has really helped me.i eat more meat than maybe i should but i stick with the plan on how much vegs and salad vegs they say to use each day. i do not go over the quota. i drink 1 or 2 pops a day ,but i drink 2 or 3 quarts of water every day.there is another book called the south beach diet for low carbing . i have read the book and it seems okay, i just never have tried it out. how is exercising? i do need to start . i go to the doctor today for a check up and if he gives me to go ahead i am going to start back walking again. ask your doctor what they would like you to do in dieting. they can give you alot of help as in support and give you good advise on a good diet. my doctor told me to try the atkins diet . sue
Old 05-11-2004, 10:26 PM   #8  

my current weight is now 188 lbs. my starting was was 218- my goal is 160 for now. i am still going down . yaaaaaa. sue
Old 05-11-2004, 11:11 PM   #9  
my dad made me1 from wood

great job on the loss u keep up the great work!!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 12:42 PM   #10  

yesterday was a day that i could have eaten anything that was in my day. i nibbled on a couple peices of cherrios. i nibbled on a spoonful of reg jello with fruit. not much but i do see this my problems in the past . if i see it i have eaten it. though i weighted my self today. starting w 218/cw 187/goal w 160. I have 27 more lbs to go. i went to frisches yesterday and i was going to order a hot fudge cake but i did not do it. i came to far to do that. i do go to ryans steak house and i do reallly good there and i skip the rolls when they asked me if i would like to get them. i do eat the sf jello and sf whip topping. i am going there after while (later this eveing). i can get a really good meat dinner there and i get most of my carbs with my salad and vegs for the day and then i get meat for dinner as well as sf jello later. sue
Old 05-13-2004, 12:45 PM   #11  

218/187/goal weight 160- i may later after i get to 160 want to move than to 148. i will see when i reach to 160 on how i feel and look. I might be really happy at 160. sue
Old 05-13-2004, 11:16 PM   #12  

That's a great way to keep yourself motivated -- setting small goals! My short-term, 1-month goal is to go down a size in jeans. Before I was pregnant I was in a size 14 and after he was born I was wearing a 16 and for a while now I've been an 18. Sizes are important to me and it makes me feel great as my size 18s get looser and looser. Good luck to everyone!
Old 05-16-2004, 12:06 AM   #13  

i am now lower than my pre pregency weight. i might have to try my jeans that i had put away . i try to set small goals. if i set big goals i get so upset and then blow everything i have worked for so that is why i set small goals. good luck on your diet. that is a good goal to see a smaller size in clothing. good luck. if you can exercise do that also. sue
Old 05-16-2004, 08:01 AM   #14  
Maggi

Default Setting small goals works

samanthajosmom_12 and everybody else too.

Setting small goals has worked for me too! I have done it a small bit differently. I told my husband I wanted his help and I needed him to set up small rewards and goal systems.

We sat down together and we set the first goal of 18 pounds, I would get a facial.

The next one is 8 lbs, the rest are set up as 8 pounds, and 6 pounds etc. and I get a pedicure, and so on and so forth.

I am 5.5 pounds from my second goal.

Then I go on to do things like get another facial, sexy pair of shoes, another pedicure, a sexy Victoria's secret something etc...

It gives me something to look forward to, and it helps me not concertrate so hard on my body which just sets up anxiety and furstration. It has also helped me not to feel so ashamed of me for what I have done to myself which sets me up to try and get into too big of a hurry to lose weight, which makes me get furstrated and when I get like that those giving up thoughts cross my mind, and other such bad thoughts that I would rather let sleep for now. But all of ya'll know just what I'm talking about. The biggest issue I face and I think we all do is the being reasonable one! To try and be realistic for what our bodies can lose.

ya'll have a good day.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:32 PM   #15  

I just wanted to say that I just started Atkins and am a new member here. I also wanted to say congrats on your weight loss. I hope that I have as much luck as you.

Bethany
Closed Thread