Old 01-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

Default What have you made out of the new cookbook?

So....I got the new cookbook. I'm not sure if I'm underwhelmed or overwhelmed, but nothing looks appealing to me.

So, does anyone else have the cookbook? What have you made? What was good, or looks good to you?

Maybe we could kind of keep up with thread so we can see what is worth trying and what might not be?

I'll admit, I was hoping for more in the way of sweet treats.
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #2  

I made the rum glazed pork kebabs last night and the recipe has promise but needs a lot of tweaking. The glaze isn't nearly enough to really flavor the kebabs by just brushing it on. It'd probably work better as a marinade for a few hours. Also try doubling it so you really get some flavor on your meat. Broiling didn't really work well in my oven either so next time I'll try grilling them.

The Mushroom Thyme Orzo was pretty bland until I added salt, pepper and squeeze a lemon over it.

I do enjoy the feta, honey and apple slice snack though. That was really quite tasty.
Knitterwockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

I considered making the orzo, so thanks for the heads up on that.

I think I'm warming up a bit to trying a few of the recipes. Now that my initial disappointment is gone, I am seeing bits of promise here and there.
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

I hope they come out with a "comfort foods" cookbook. Although I suppose my upper midwest comfort foods are different that other locations' comfort foods. I need some hot dishes (casseroles) that are easy to put together, etc.
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #5  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

I'm not from the Midwest, but I take your point! I've thought WW switched to Yuppie Food -- pax -- years ago, and I think this has either puzzled or turned off a lot of WWers. If the goal is for us to make healthy eating a habit, then recipes for reindeer brains with just a teensy bit of gorgonzola on seaweed -- I'm deliberately exaggerating -- may not be the best way to do it!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote