Old 12-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/195/130

Height: 5'4

Default please help w encouragement. i'm cheating myself:(

Hi all, I am very new to ww. Just started 2 weeks ago. First week things went well I did very well only lost .4 this week I have been so down and not motivated but am trying to stay within my range of points even though what I am eating in points isn't very healthy. Well, today was bad. Ordered chinese food and chicken wings. I don't know how to get out of this rut. Please help me I don't want to fail another diet. Regards!
valencia2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Hi, don't say only .4, a loss is a loss So you had a bad day, tomorrow is a new day and you can start all over tomorrow. I lost my first week but weigh in tomorrow and believe i stayed the same. I"m certainly not thrilled but tried my best

have you done ww before? for me, the old program never worked. I like this one as i'm a big fruit eater. Everyone gets in a rut, you'll get back on track. Keep your chin up!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

It gets easier. We all struggle sometimes, that is why we are here!
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #4  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Keep at it and you will do great. I find for myself, my scale results are often a week behind so stick with it! You'll get the results you want!
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #5  
Less of a Better Me

.4 of a pound loss is a loss. It is, of course, possible to eat Chinese food and chicken wings on WW. You count the points and that's why we have weekly points and can earn activity points.

That said, I was meandering around a .5 pound or so loss (sometimes less or none) a week for months. I could very tired of it. I was eating out, etc. I basically come to the point of realizing that eating out or having takeout, etc. was a huge part of my problem. I just can't routinely eat out several times a week and lose weight. I can't have fast food or pizza delivery and lose weight. Well, I can do them occasionally but not as a regular thing.

So, for me, it has worked out much better for me just to avoid those situations. It is far, far, far easier to just not go to the restaurant or to just not order pizza than to be faced with making good decisions in the restaurant or at home with the food sitting there. I do still eat out but I limit it to one main meal out a week and careful at that meal.

If it is difficult right now to handle takeout food or restaurants then avoid them. Yes, you need to learn how to eat those things without eating too much. But, you don't have to learn how to do that when you are so early in the program.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Make a plan, make a commitment and then stick to it. We can't encourage you not to eat Chinese, you need to do that for yourself.

You have Weekly Points and Activity points that you can use, budget those into your meals. If you like chinese, use your points for it. Or learn to cook so you can enjoy more of it in a healthy way.

You'll get out of the rut and "not fail" by realizing that you are building the foundation for a good life, not going on a diet.

Is your fridge stocked with healthy foods? What have your other meals been? Are you exercising? Are you meeting your good health guidelines? (All of them, not just the dairy and oil, but the whole grains, lean proteins, and activity?)
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/195/130

Height: 5'4

wow, thanks Everyone! Today went much better. I was so motivated after reading your posts and I realized I shouldn't be so hard on myself, that is what the extra points are for. In anycase, Seagirl - to answer your question, NO. I have not exercised because well excuses, a million. My resolution in life is one thing at a time. It took alot of courage to start WW and change my life, I wanted to tackle one thing at a time and make sure I don't fail. I will be building exercise into my routine. Also, I have not been meeting my health guidelines. My leader didn't really go into them too much, she just said "to try" and meet them, however I am realizing that this is a must in order to loose more weight!....
Also, I am not a dairy person and plan on speaking with my leader regarding this. Change is tough but doable, thank you all for letting me vent and giving me the push I needed to get back up... Happy Holidays!
valencia2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Good luck! And by the way, it's impossible to fail at exercising: you put on some sneakers, leave your house, start walking, turn around at some point and then end up back at home! Unless you trip down the front steps and roll half way down the street, you have not failed! (Even then you haven't failed as long as you get back up.)

Exercise doesn't not equal Jillan's 30 Day Shred Max Extreme.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote