Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 10:32 PM   #16  

Hi everyone Sorry I haven't been around for a while but I was planning my 10 yr olds birthday as well. We rented a hall and she invited her whole class and had a survior party. It took a little planning but I think it was worth it . Anyway last weeks WI was good. down 1.5. Hope to keep that ball rolling. I really have to get back to journalizing I think I can do it mentally in my head and sometimes thats not enough. Well I should get off to bed gotta keep rested and that way I don't pick up silly foods and eat them. Take care and talk to you later. Dawna
Old 11-19-2002, 12:40 PM   #17  
Find a Way

Jen - belated happy b-day to your daughter. Sounds like she's really helping mom stay OP with the great idea for dessert plus all the walking.

j-ann - WOW , 8 lbs!!! What a great first week! I'm going to be weighing in monthly so I have no idea how my first week went. OF course, that's what I plan now but who knows how long I can really stay off the scale. Stolen from the Everyday Ayurveda page: Ayurveda (pronounced eye-yer-vay-duh) is the art of healthy living that enables you to create harmony in daily life by applying self- knowledge and self-care. The word, Ayurveda, is from the ancient Indian language, Sanskrit, and literally means "Knowledge of Life". Inherent in Ayurvedic principles is the concept that you are capable of taking charge of your own life and healing. It's been around for about 5000 years and it will take me about that long to learn just what they know about food and it's affect on the body, mind, and spirit, lol.

This week should be interesting. Once again this darn fat is "ruining" my life. DH is off to Jamaica tomorrow for business and we were thinking of using some award points to get me down there for a long weekend. However, the thought of hitting beaches right now just isn't appealing, and I don't know what else you'd do there other than smoke ganga (sp?). Hopefully this will be an ongoing client relationship and I'll get another chance about 70 lbs from now .

Last edited by Chillin; 11-19-2002 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:20 PM   #18  

Good Evening Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing fine. It is a fairly warm night here in Indiana, low 50's and the most beautiful full moon in full view tonight. Sorry that I have been missing in action for the last several weeks, but everytime I would go to post, my computer would not cooperate...would lose the post or the computer would act nutsy...but I think I have the kinks worked out so hopefully I can catch up with everybody!
Jen...glad to see you rejoined WW. How lovely of your mom to send the coupons! I still have not rejoined, but yesterday at work they posted a WW session in the evening that would work out great with my schedule, so after Thanksgiving, I too will rejoin. You guys have given my inspiration!

Kira...Congratulations on your 10%! What a great feeling for you! Keep up the great work.

J-ann.....Wow! 8# is wonderful. You make me feel motivated!

Welcome to everyone else...have to scoot. Have had a hard and long day at work and my bed is calling me. My DD has a dentist appointment first thing in the morning and my 6am starts are catching up with me. Have a great day tomorrow!

Chatty
Old 11-20-2002, 09:17 AM   #19  

Yesterday was a rough day, emotionally. We're really struggling right now - and the holidays and all the family birthdays seem to come up at once while we're broke and no one else cares but us but it feels all bad to realize that we're stretched thin. (Why is everything - our cash, my nerves, my patience - stretched thin except me?! ) Anyway - I did good in spite of this. When I hit that "I gotta eat - that'll help, I'm sure" stage, I grabbed four squares of graham cracker (2 pts) and 2 dollops of FF cool whip (0 pts) and *poof* a 2 pt tension buster snack.

Now, I'm off to work again - when we're tight, its all work, no play. Or it feels that way. LOL!
Old 11-21-2002, 11:13 AM   #20  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin’ Ladies,

We’re on our second nice day in a row. Warm, in the 50’s and a little sun. The leaves are gone but so is last week’s snow. I think I mentioned that I’d been saving change for years and decided to take it to the bank and invest in a real PC rather than Webtv. Well I ended up with $700 and I called Dell to order the PC then had 2nd thoughts because of the size of the moniter. I went home and really checked out where it was going and no way was it going to fit. I called them back and canceled the order. So, I’m keeping the Webtv and saving a bit more for a laptop. I’m looking at Ibooks but I may have to lower my ideals. They are EXPENSIVE! I’ll shop around and watch Ebay too. Something will come along soon. So far still OP and it’s been 1 ½ weeks. I’m feeling really good about myself.

DAWNA: Hey, Glad to see you lost another 1.5 lbs. That Survivor must have been fun. What a great idea!!! This is your reminder to journal, journal, journal.

CHILLIN, Thanks for the definition of Ayurveda. I’m going to have to read up on it. Honey, IMHO, you SHOULD HAVE GONE TO JAMAICA and enjoyed the beaches and the nightlife with your DH. Don’t let your weight hold you back from enjoying life. Remember NO ONE has a perfect body Here’s a cliché for ya’ – You only go through life once, enjoy it while you can. Make sure that next time you go, or send me. I don’t like hot weather but I really enjoy lounging with a cold drink in my hand.

CHATTY: Glad to see you back. Hope you get that PC fied so we hear from you more often.

JEN: OH JEN, me thinks you need a good cheap soak in a nice hot tub, with a glass of wine and a good book. Relax and think good thoughts and each day will be a bit easier. I’m SO PROUD OF YOU for opting for your “2 pt Tension Busters” rather than falling prey to the “eat to feel better” devil. I’ve gotta remember that snack!!! GOOD LUCK at WI tomorrow. I’ll be thinking about you.

OK, Back to work for me,

Old 11-21-2002, 02:46 PM   #21  

Hello again all! I just got back from my weigh in and it wasn't pretty. I gained 1.4 pounds. I honestly was shockd about it, but life goes on. I'm gonna hope to better this week.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:30 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I've been off on vacation this week. We didn't go anywhere as cash money is practically non-existant due to all the vet bills this year. You'd think the big black thing (Bear) nosing into my stuff right now would realize that he needs to be more fun to compensate!! Actually, I've survived quite well with the two dogs this week. There is hope that they are finally settling down because they seem to sleep all day. Which is better than 180 pounds of dogs wrestling in the living room.

Food hasn't been the best. Not sure why other than I have felt blah and apathetic this week. I'm blaming it on allergy headaches that I've had all week long. Every day.

I've been checking out the "flylady" website and its style of organization. So I've done some reorganization and cleaning out of kitchen cabinets and the clothes. I have four bags of clothes to go to the Goodwill. Where does all that stuff come from? I'm always on the lookout for stuff to get rid of - I think its because my mom and sister are packrats and have stuff everywhere.

I'd like to clean the garage too. The wind is blowing hard here and its making it feel really cold. I may go work on some organization of stuff out there but can't have the door up. Guess I'll take the big black thing which is now licking the pole in the rec room. Beats working on bills and paperwork.

Anyone a "Bachelor" fan? We only watched last night. That guy is from our state - the town where my sister lives. I wasn't impressed. Tonight is Survivor! Now, that I'm a fan of - have been since the first.

Jen - Hang onto your resolve! Its when times get really tough that we need to be strong. Belated happy birthday to your girl. I'm going to have to try your tension buster. Good luck with your sales!

J-Ann - Wow, wow, wow!! Good for you. Eight pounds. I'm so thrilled for you. And you're still on track. I wouldn't know what to do about a PC either. It has all gotten so complicated and so hard to make a decision. If I had cash, I'd love to have a laptop upstairs that I could network into this PC. Not like I would EVER get that hooked up!

Chatty - Good to see you again! How great that work has the WW meetings.

Kira - Sorry about the small gain. Have you had anything salty recently? Could just be some water weight. Drink up and keep focused!

Dawna - Good to see you again too. Congrats on your loss. Yes, get your journal going again ( I figure if I say this to enough people, I'll do the same!!)

Chillin - I agree, you should be in Jamaica. Don't let fat run your life. Sit by the pool, sit in the shade, read a book, read a magazine, listen to tunes. Lots of things to do besides the beach.

I hope I caught up with everyone. My mind keeps going blank when I try to write replies. Sorry ladies - its the headache.

Have a great Thursday!
Old 11-22-2002, 07:28 AM   #23  

This morning is weigh-in and I feel good about it.

I've also been using arch support inserts (big ol' things where I can, for the first time ever, feel something actually touching my arch while wearing shoes) and they seem to be helping (I say "seem" because I have, in the past, gone days without pain while doing nothing to aleviate it - so it could be a fluke). I'm kinda hoping it IS a fluke as I hate the supports. They fit in my shoes in such a way that all those cool socks I've been knitting can't be worn - my shoes don't fit right any more with them! I have a collection of probably 50+ pairs of shoes - and only ONE can be worn with the supports. *wah*

I don't have the energy to catch up right now (insomnia has killed my mind) but, I do read, and I do appreciate, and I do hope for you all!

Old 11-22-2002, 09:14 AM   #24  

Good luck with your weigh-in, Jen!!!

Yes, those shoe inserts sure do suck. Mine either make my feet come out of my shoe or my socks are constantly being pulled down because of my heel slipping.

Well, I'm bummed. This is the last day of my vacation and DH was going to take me out to a nice lunch. His boss just called to say that he has a trip (DH is a school busdriver) and won't be home for lunch. I was so looking forward to getting out of the house. I think I'll go rent a couple of movies.

I did very well yesterday. I didn't lay around and be blah yesterday afternoon. I spent over 3 hours cleaning the garage. Everything is organized and strategically placed so that we can get our autos in the garage for the winter. It was no problem last year for our first winter but this year we added a riding lawnmower and a wheelbarrow. Now, to get my stepson's Harley out of DH's side and we're all set. Wish I had the guts to ride that thing!

I need to go get the doggies up and hustled outside. I'm going to pack up my stuff for goodwill and get that hauled off. That way I can't change my mind!

Have a great OP day!
Old 11-22-2002, 07:49 PM   #25  

Down a pound - just home from a long day - happy, happy!
Old 11-24-2002, 04:36 PM   #26  

hello ladies!

I see we're on the new server. Chillin' - You had such a nice post on the old thread.

Yesterday, we went back to mom & dad's for another weekend of deer hunting. No luck again. This time, we didn't even have much of a chance because the neighbors son and grandson were in the woods target practicing. They spent all morning shooting. The deer were long gone. Not too smart on their part. Especially when they were walking the woods with camouflage clothing and no orange. Good way to get shot.

But it was a beautiful day. I rode Ginger for the first time in months. It felt great. I hadn't ridden her since either last fall or maybe once in the late winter. Definitely before her baby was born in May. Since we lost Glory in August, I've barely been able to go down and even be around the horses. My legs are sore today though!

Food hasn't been too great the last few days. Too much vacation mindset and being down at mom's. I become purely stupid when I get down there.

Jen - Congrats on the one pound down! Don't forget to take time to take care of yourself. That's when our guard gets down. Take care!

J-Ann - How are you doing? You've been quiet lately. That eight pounds was great.

Chillin - I know you had a nice post during the server change but alas, I can't remember how you're doing.

A challenging time is almost upon us ladies. The HOLIDAYS. Let's do the best we can without giving it all up until January. We'll need lots of encouragement and support.

Have a great Sunday evening and start of the week!
Old 11-24-2002, 05:38 PM   #27  

I've got my plan for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm not fooling myself that I can have "just a bit" of everything - and so making too much while planning to save some for later.

Instead, its a full turkey (gotta have left over turkey, ya know?), but then just enough for a serving each of potatoes, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce (which I hate anyway), salad, rolls (2 each - low fat crescent, 2 pts each) and angel food cake for dessert.

This should come to between 16 and 20 points for the meal. We'll have our Thanksgiving meal around 1 pm (I'll have a slim fast bar for breakfast - 2 pts). Then, if we're hungry again in the evening, its turkey sandwiches - low fat bread at 1 pt per 2 slices with 1 oz of turkey (1 pt) makes each sandwich 3 pts.

Oh - and I'll have a big ol' bowl of sugar free Jell-o with FF Cool Whip ready to go for the evening snackies.

I think this will mean I can get through the holiday without regrets. Yea, me!

Terri - I'm glad you had a good weekend (even with no deer) - but I sure know what you mean about being home leading to the naughties...

J-ann - check in, gal!

Chillin' - I know you posted, and it disappeared. That's the down side to the server change. The plus is we'll have more uptime here!

Oh - and on the foot pain front - NO PAIN at all since going to these super-duper arch supports. I'm amazed! And pleased! And vexed to realize it means that my collection of 50+ pairs of shoes will now languish as they don't fit properly with the supports in. *wah*
Old 11-24-2002, 06:35 PM   #28  

I'm Here, I'm Here,

Took a 6 hr dirver's refresher course yesterday. Well worth the $40. It get's me 10% off my car insurance. Did have a bit of a food slip yesterday but think I had enough points to cover it. Did the basics today, cleanin, laundry, etc. Then scooted out to WalMart. Big mistake. Never got into the store - the parking lot was FULL! I've also spent more than enough time online investigating laptops. So far Apple is winning. I'll have to get out and really LOOK at some soon.

TERRI: WOW I'm so glad you went riding. Ginger was probably as surprised tohave you on her back as you were sore from the ride. Sorry about the deer. Our "great white hunter" got an elk in Idaho but no luck with the local white tails at all.

JEN: HURRAY! You're on the downward slide. That pound is the beginning of numerous lower #'s to come. I love your plan for Thanksgiving. I have to put a meal together that will be very similar to yours except I won't cook a whole bird. I went to the turkey farm on Friday and picked up a combo of light and dark meat in a small turkey roast. Betty, the member of the house who is an excellent cook, is off to St. Martins with their. dau. So I'm throwing a small meal together for her DH and myself. At least I'll be able to stay w/i my points this way. Glad your foot's doing better. Looks like you'll have to ask Santa for new shoes that the arch supports fit in.

CHILLIN: Come back and repost. I know I read your's too but it's disappeared!!!

KIRA: How's it going? You're being quiet too.

LINDA: Are you out there?? STill swimming? Stop in and say hi.

Off to feed the canines. They're making hungry noises.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:31 PM   #29  

WEIGH-IN - CHECK-IN

Just got back. No loss - no gain. I can live with that for a week. Last week's loss was huge and, of all times to slip up, it was on the weekend. Doesn't leave much time for "repairs".

Hope everyone's doing at least as well as I am. I saw some cute Thanksgiving poems in another group. I'll copy them to this group from work tomorrow.

Old 11-25-2002, 09:24 PM   #30  

Default I'm New

Hi all,

I have been lurking here for a little over a week so I guess it is time to post. My name is Amanda, I am 31 years old (birthday last week). I am married and have one son 8 years old. I have about 140 to 150 pounds to lose and decided to try WW. I started 11/18 and so far I am doing well on it. I am not attending WW meetings but bought the WW stuff from ebay and I am doing it on my own, so I am going to needs lots of support and probably ask a lot of questions along the way. Any advice is welcome.

Amanda
Closed Thread