Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 08:21 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of November 4, 2002

Good morning everyone!

Since no one got our weekly thread going I figured better late than never!

I don't know about anyone else but I've been having one heck of a time with darkness coming early and the urge to curl up and do nothing. I forced myself to go to my weekly yoga class on Monday (once there I was fine) and to walk. I also got a little walking in yesterday but I had to make myself pull on my sneakers and head out.

My plan is to get some low point snacks around and find a way to feel fuller longer.

So, how's everyone else doing??
Old 11-06-2002, 11:33 AM   #2  

Hey there Melissa -

I'm with ya on the urge to snuggle up and not go out after dark. And I'm getting hungrier too with the cooler weather. I find I'm caving in to eating to combat frustrations and stresses. Even with the exercise increase I'm just not getting enough relief. I get so frustrated then with myself for taking it out by eating... and then eat more! Jeeze these are old patterns. You'd think after all these years I'd be able to handle it. Grrrrr.

Patch
Old 11-06-2002, 01:18 PM   #3  

Hi guys.

Add me to the list of folks having trouble adjusting to the constant darkness. Daylight is pretty much gone by the time I leave the office. DH and I were commenting last nite on how tired we both felt; I'm sure it's a normal reaction to want to sleep when it's dark outside.

Really busy here at the office. We're preparing for several upcoming special events; everything happens at once around here.

Patch: I feel your frustration. I have you to thank for snapping me out of a similar pattern. I'm forcing myself to put everything I eat into my journal - even when it's not pretty - and I think it's making a difference.

Melissa: Do you find that once you pull/push yourself out of the house at this time of year, you enjoy your walk a little more than usual? I really dislike running in warm weather, so the cooler temps are a big relief. The challenge is getting out the door...
Old 11-06-2002, 02:45 PM   #4  

Patch: I really think it's just part of the weather/time change that contributes to our not wanting to do anything but eat & sleep. Maybe try doing something that would keep you out of the kitchen area in the evening. I'm also finding, like Susan, that journaling everything down (good, bad, ugly) that it's helping me out. Maybe plan on having something later on in the evening to help with the need to stress eat.

Susan: Yes, I find that once I'm outside and walking I feel better and really enjoy it. I'd much rather be walking in the cooler temps rather than the warm summer days. Yesterday I really was on the fence about going out for a walk or driving to the credit union--the walk won out and once my feet hit the pavement I had a sense of empowerment and accomplishment. The weather is looking up for the next couple of days so I figure I'll get out and take advantage of the weather.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:56 PM   #5  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Its hard for us here in the Pacific Northwest. I love our summers and can do without our dark dreary weather in the winters.

However, as I have stated before its easier for me to lose or maintain in the winter. I think it is wearing of pants, no relaxed fit here and boy I can tell when i have indulged.

I will check with you guys later. I am trying to clean off my desk and get going. It DP's birthday. I made her fave cake in cupcakes and it makes a heck of alot of cupcakes. I think they work out to something like 4 or 5 pts without frosting and worth it.

Sounding like a broken record -- we're off to london and paris for the long weekend. I am going to try something new this time and
order the express meal instead of the full on four courser that I sit through. Then I'm going to fire up the DVD players and happily watch my big fat greek wedding again.

I am looking forward to my lunch tomorrow at books for cooks and all the walking I am planning to do.

Maybe I'll catch you ladies at the airport lounge either in SEA, STL or on my way back in DFW.

Take care of yourselves,
lala
Old 11-06-2002, 07:08 PM   #6  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I just haven't been able to get into the swing of things. I really don't know if I should blame the coming winter, although I am much more up in the spring and summer. There are so many things going on now including health problems and financial and other stresses. My weight loss efforts have been taking a back burner. It is time to try to work more actively on losing weight again. I've said it before. Hopefully this week I can actually do it.
Old 11-07-2002, 04:43 PM   #7  

Height: 6'0"

Hi everyone.

Yes, the darkness is bothering me, too. I think we are part bear because we just want to hibernate!!

A busy weekend is coming up. My husband is running in a 15K run and I am volunteering doing registration and scoring. Then we have a wedding followed by a birthday party and that's just Saturday.

Keep working at staying OP!!
Old 11-08-2002, 02:50 PM   #8  

The weather has been great here the past couple of days. Yesterday was brisk--great walking weather. I have a new walking partner at noon who walks the same pace as I do so yesterday and today we went walking. Today it was warmer (60) so it was pleasant. It's supposed to remain warm over the next couple of days and then start dropping again.

No big plans here for the weekend. I'm looking forward to getting caught up with some things.
Closed Thread