Old 08-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/165/135

Height: 5'3

Default So how much does this cost?

I will be joining the local weight watchers when i go back to school next week. I tried to do it by myself a couple of times based on information i had gotten online and from other people but I gave up each time. I think I need the meetings and the financial investment to keep me on track. Keep in mind that I am a poor college student that is used to living off of taco bell, mcdonalds dollar menu, and free pizza lol. I know that it cost about 13 dollars to go to the meetings every week and after i hit my goal weight i could keep cooming for free.

My question is what exactly does the $13/week cover? Do they give you books and stuff for free or do i need to buy those seperately? Also i need to lose about 30 pounds so I'm guessing this will cost me around $208 for four months. This is assuming i lose 2 pounds a week steadily. Is this what happened for you guys or were there weeks where you lost no weight?

Sorry this is so long but I am really tired of having all this extra weight and I just want to make sure I have enough money budgeted to do this right. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks!
BettyBoop2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #2  

You won't lose 2 pounds every week. It's not a reasonable expectation. A cheaper way to go is the Monthly Plan. It's $39. Check the website to see if it is available in your area. In addition to the weekly meetings, it also gives you access to etools. All your WW information is provided free no matter how you decide to pay.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/165/135

Height: 5'3

Ok thanks alot I'll ask about that when I go to sign up. Im so excited to get started!

What is the average amount of weekly weight loss? 1 pound?
BettyBoop2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

I guess it depends on your body type, what weight you start at, and your motivation. I have never had a loss under 2.5lbs....I haven't really exercised yet (not consistently) and I drink tons of water. I also eat a lot of fiber. But I started at almost 260lbs...so I think in the beginning I will lose more per week than when I start to weigh less.
BeTrueToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255.8/193.2/Unknown

Height: 5' 2"

i agree. you should definitely sign up for the monthly pass. i love having access to the etools because i can track my food journal online - plus have access to tons of recipes and so much more. and for me, cheaper is better!

as for me, i am a slow loser. i think the most i have ever lost in a week is 3 lbs. i can lose as little as .2 a week. i can lose 1 lb. one week and .5 the next. of course i want to lose as much as i can as fast as i can, but i just keep telling myself - slow and steady wins. whether i have a big loss or a small loss, it all adds up to where i want to be.

good luck! work hard and stick to plan. you can do it!
sawyouwearingflares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

The monthly plan is the best deal, but it's not available everywhere. I recently moved to Nashville where all the WW locations are franchises that will not accept the pass. It was a stretch for me to even pay the $39/month. Paying more to get less was just not an option. I was in tears before I even got out the door. I felt like all chances of success and everything I looked forward to just got pulled out from under me. I'm now doing WW on my own. Honestly, it's not going great. But I'm hanging on and maybe one day I can afford to go back to meetings.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Aclai40607 - Have you looked into doing the program online? I do and I love it! It let's you track your foods, workouts, measurements and weight online. You weigh-in online, once a week. It won't even let you skip your weigh-in! I believe I like that feature the most.

Also, I seem to be doing a lot better losing the weight through the online program than going in for the meetings. (Go figure.) To me, there was really nothing different about the meetings every week. My attention pretty much waned while I was attending.

And it's a lot cheaper in my book. Right now if you sign up for the 3-Month plan it costs $65 for the first 3 months, then $17.95 for each additional month. And for support, I go to sparkpeople.com, which by the way is free. There are a lot of boards you can join for support. There's even a ww's one. As for the boards at ww's I don't care for them. They are harder to move around in.

That's why I can't stand franchises at times. I think they should honor the pass regardless. Such losers!
Niecey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I didn't want to do the online membership bacause really, I can get everything I'd use on there for free here. I never liked to track my points online. The WW website freezes up my comp really badly and a notebook in the purse is way more handy anyhow. 3fc really has kept me from gaining horrendous amounts of weight back, but I'm still struggling to lose new weight.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote