Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 02:30 PM   #1  

Question Blood pressure meds

I am a WW failure who once again wants to try to lose weight. I am embarrassed at the number of times I have tried in the past. Three years ago I was within 10 pounds of goal and now I have gained all the weight back with a host of other problems to deal with in addition to the weight: 1) I now have hypertension and have to take medicine; 2) I have a severe back/leg problem that does not allow me to walk/exercise, at least for now. Here I am beating myself up because if I had kept the fat off to begin with, I would be able to cope with these other problems, or maybe not even have them at all. I know I have to get on the WW wagon NOW, but at my age (50!), unable to exercise, I am very depressed at the slow journey ahead of me in getting off the weight. Has anyone out there experienced a problem losing weight because of blood pressure medication? I am hoping that it will not hinder me in addition to my other problem of not being able to exercise. All words of encouragement are welcome as I am really feeling at the bottom of all hope. I cannot emphasize enough to those of you out there who are close or at goal. DO NOT LET THE WEIGHT COME BACK. It is the most miserable feeling in the world to be back to square one weight-wise. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:22 PM   #2  

I sent you a personal message, check your box
Old 10-15-2002, 10:56 AM   #3  
One Day At A Time

I was in the same boat. Many times to WW. Several times long ago close to goal. But hadn't been in at least 8 years, I think. Started this current journey and I won't quit. It's taken me awhile because I have trouble not eating at times. I am 56 and take high blood pressure meds too. I have a knee that is going bad because I was heavy for so long. And a son who gave me many excuses to eat. But it can be done!! If I hadn't allowed my self to get in this condition (fat), I wouldn't have the other problems.

BUT!!! I am succeeding. I can't exercise very well but I can exercycle (if I would just do it). My meds have been decreased. I have been thru menopause problems this time around and threw me off course a couple of times but I hung in there. It's not the meds that hinder the weight loss. It's me.

I know you can do it!! If you need to talk, you can send me a PM.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:14 PM   #4  

Angry Thanks for responding...

I really appreciate the words of hope/encouragement. I am convinced that losing something is better than nothing or gaining more. I may never reach goal weight at my age, but I should be striving to get healthier by losing some weight. I will keep on no matter what. Hope you have great success!
Closed Thread