Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 08:44 AM   #1  

Default leader problem

Hi, I am new writing to this form and I was wondering does any of you have some problems with a weight watcher leader. I have one that really gets on my nerves. When I lost my first 8 pounds and she ask me how I did it in front of the group I told her I just was following program. She said, "Well see me when you lose 10 pounds and then we will see how easy this is for you!". I stopped going to her meetings but the problem is that she does meetings for 5 days out of the week and she covers for everyone who goes on vaction. This week I went to meeting and she was covering for the person I normally go to (one of the few time slots she doesn't teach) and when I weighed in I only loss .2 and I said well it is not pounds and she said"Well you said it, I didn't." I have loss a total of 28 pounds and I think I am doing pretty good. I don't know why she has to be so negative about everything. I think I am mainly writing this just to vent some of my frustation with her.
Old 10-12-2002, 10:40 AM   #2  

Sounds to me someone in high places needs to know about her. She is supposed to be motivatiing you not tearing you down
Old 10-12-2002, 11:35 AM   #3  

I totally agree with busdriver. I think she should be reported. I wonder if it's possible that she could be a little jealous of your accomplishments.

Best of luck, hope she doesn't give you too much trouble!
Old 10-12-2002, 05:15 PM   #4  

Thank you for the encouragement. I don't know if it would do any good to report her. She has been there for 13 years. I think that if I see her subsituting for someone else I will just leave and try coming back another day.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:02 PM   #5  

Question

Moonspinner, can you go to another center? I had to change to another center because of the leader. Now I'm doing it at home.

I'm wondering if she is a little jealous, like Kira said.

Anyway, congratulations on your loss.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:46 PM   #6  

I think I would forward your letter to us to WW headquarters and let them know . I certainly wouldn't pay money to be insulted. I'm going for advice, encouragement and friendship. None of that is coming from her.
Old 10-13-2002, 08:00 AM   #7  

There is no other centers in my area and I do plan on contacting weight watchers about her. I am going to avoid her as much as possible. The leader that is usually there is very good and I just think I might ask her when she goes on vaction next time to let us know so I will not have to see the other leader that gives me problems.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:20 AM   #8  

I hope it all works out. I can't imagine why somene who is behaving like your leader would want to be a leader. Good luck!
Old 10-14-2002, 09:03 AM   #9  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Do you feel comfortable enough to talk to her about how you feel? or what about the cashier.. can you talk with her and ask for advice?

all the best to you!

Dana
Old 10-16-2002, 11:59 PM   #10  

How strange, WW leaders are usually so supporting and friendley. You don't need to be paying 9.95 a week to have the leader upsetting you. Tell her how you feel the next time she has a negative comment.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:31 AM   #11  

When ever you have a complaint about a Leader, Recptionist or any other part of a WW meeting. Just call thr 1-800 number and believe me you will get results fast!
Closed Thread