Old 04-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/166

Height: 66in.

Default Help need new ideas

Hey, everyone just needed a little advise. Last year I lost 25lbs on WW I have now gained 5lbs back and would like to get rid of them and finish what I started. My only problem is I feel like I eat the same things day in and day out I am allowed 24 points a day and wondered if anyone could give me some new ideas or just let me know what they are eating daily. Thanks for the help.
mackkyntrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #2  
I need to loose 28 pounds

S/C/G: 185/173/146.5

Height: 5.8´

hi i have to eat 24 too, i almost go over my points sometimes but a regular day would be
b: special k 2 points with fat free milk 2/ oatmeal original 3 points per package, with fat free milk 2
snack: string cheese 1/ apple 1/ one fiber bar 1
l: chicken breast 3/ frozen veggies 1
snack: meal drink replacement 2:
Dinner: smart one 3
jello sugar free and whip cream fat free 0

hope it helps
mmccurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I try to mix it up a bit so I don't get too bored.

I only get 19 points, so it's a bit harder. My breakfast choices are: oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar and walnuts; Kashi protein powder with skim milk and banana; whole grain English muffin with peanut butter; omelet made of one egg white and one whole egg, OR eggbeaters, some sort of veggie such as spinach, mushrooms or sweet peppers, and a bit of reduced fat cheese and slice of whole grain toast. I have 3/4 cup of OJ with pulp every day. I know it's high in sugar but it's an indulgence I allow myself.

Lunch is either a turkey with reduced fat mayo on whole grain thin bun or reduced calorie bread; salad with beans or grilled chicken; or soup. I also always have a fruit serving and usually a calorie counted desserty thing, such as a 1-point WW cookie or a whole grain cookie such as Kashi.

Snacks are yogurt, Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge and whole grain crackers, or applesauce.

I consult WW Magazine, Healthy Cooking Magazine, or one of my many, many cookbooks for new dinner ideas. My husband likes pasta at least once a week, so I try to fit that in. Another night I do a stir fry of one kind or another; often tofu since he is a vegetarian. I try to do fish for myself twice a week, so on those nights I'll make him a Morningstar riblet or something like that, plus a starch and veggie. Last night was rushed, so he had a vegetarian canned soup and some sandwiches and I had a chicken burger on a thin bun.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/166

Height: 66in.

Thank you guys so much! I get so bored with the samethings. And then there is this hump I can't seem to get over I can't get over this 166lb-170lb back and forth drives me crazy Thanks again
mackkyntrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #5  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Well there's recipes on here, sparkrecipes.com, on the WW website, even on allrecipes.com that you could modify, or you just see recipes in magazines and stuff. Just modify the recipes that are too high in fat. Like use ground turkey/chicken instead of beef, saute in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray or Pam or broth, use low-fat cheese, add veggies where applicable, etc.

I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for stuff to cook. I'm on a budget too, which makes it harder, but it's loads of fun. Like if I'm craving mexican food, I'll make tacos (chicken tenders cooked in cooking spray spiced with Penzey's Turkish seasoning or Adobo, low-fat mexican blend cheese, lettuce, chopped tomatos, light sour cream, maybe avocados) or enchiladas. It's nice to eat stuff I LOVE and not feel guilty.

Try to find creative ways to make what you like. You can cut down a lot on using butter or oil without changing the flavor much. You don't have to completely cut fats out either, so don't. I'm not afraid to use a little butter every now and again. It does take work, I'm not going to lie. You have to find recipes, buy the stuff, plan, prepare the meal. But it really is worth it.

Here's some ideas:
-Spinach omelet
-Mini pizzas made with some sort of tomato sauce, Double Fiber Orowheat english muffins, and low-fat mozzarella cheese and baked long enough to melt the cheese
-Chicken pesto sandwich (sandwich thins, chicken tenders grilled or fried up with ICBINB spray, low-fat provolone cheese, a little pesto)
-modified pasta carbonara (recipes all over the place that you can modify)
-SMOOTHIES!!! SO many combo's. You can throw yogurt, some ice, whatever fruit you have laying around (and protein powder if you have it) in a blender and make a yummy smoothie

These are just some ideas. Don't be afraid to get creative. I know figuring out how to make good low fat stuff is daunting at first, cos you don't know where to start, but it's worth it. This is a lifestyle change, you need to learn to eat well!!! I hope I helped good luck!

Last edited by oodlesofnoodles; 04-22-2010 at 07:00 PM.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:46 AM   #6  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

Like oodlesofnoodles said, there are a lot of easy ways to cut fat out of every day cooking. I personally avoid low-fat subsitutes because they're chemically (is that word?), but there are tons of other things you can do:

* Cut down oil and butter
* Use skim milk instead of low-fat or whole
* Use vegetables for bulk in meals
* Make sure you're getting some protein and fat in each meal to stay full
* Substitute yogurt for sour cream (and mayonnaise)
* Make your own salad dressings
* Eat fruit when you're craving something sweet
* Keep healthy snacks (like chopped veggies) around the house for when you're craving something salty

Things I eat all the time:
* Rye bread w/ feta cheese and vegetable of choice (tomatoes, wilted spinach, green onions, etc)
* Oatmeal w/ brown sugar and a dab of butter
* Eggs in a nest (wilt leafy green of choice on the stove, then make a hole, and cook an egg in it)
* Poached eggs (no fat to fry 'em in = less points! yeah!)
* If you love Indian food, many of recipes can be modified to be low points
* Lebanese/ Greek food too

The other thing I like to keep in mind is that I really *can* eat anything I want. If I want to splurge and go out and have a big fat burger and fries ... I can. That's what flex points and activity points are for. One of the reasons I like WW is that nothing's forbidden, and that keeps the cravings in place.

Good luck, and welcome on board!
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote