d:
pasta & meat sauce 10
salad w/lt dsg .5

snack:
choc milk 2.5
cookie 2

total: 28

exercise: walk outside -1

gym weigh in : gained 2 #s the extravagant overeating has finally caught up...crap

Last edited by LM; 09-11-2002 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:47 PM   #2  

Hey laurel
OK not so bad yesterday and I lost 1.5 lbs so I'm at 140

Lala we're flying into Milan picking up a car, and then off to Cinque Terre for two nights. We're rented a small country house in San Giovanni d'Asso (between Montalcino and Montepulcino) about 45 SE of Sienna. We're trying to stay away of most metro areas so we're not even sure we'll hit Pisa. May get to Lucca, Cortona, Radda/Greve - lot's o' wine country... and will go over to Umbria - and hit Derutta, Orvietta. We're actually trying not to do too much (right). Yeah I heard Tuscany bread was awful but what is ...barbaresco??? and... bieta, insalata mistas... cornetti

Great news you're going to Roma. I know you will have such a blast.

Morning -- FF muffin - 1, cof - 1, apple - 1
lunch -- carrots - 0, hard cheese - 3, salad - 0, rice cakes - 1, fruit, .5
dinner (est - 12) -- popcorn - 2, drink - 2, chicken - 3, oil - 1.5, veggies - 0, carb - 1, icecream sandvich - 3

Total - 20
excercised 1/2 hr - 2 pts earned

Last edited by patch30; 09-11-2002 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:21 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Patch,

Please go to Lucca, I love Lucca.

I also love Perugia, its about 27kms away from Deruta. We really like la cisterna restaurant in Perugia. I will take the train from Rome every trip just to eat there.

Sounds like you are going to have a blast. Never went to Cinque Terre, however we drove from Rome to Paris one December and I enjoyed the view.

Orvieto is great as are all the other places on your list.

The chard, spinach, salads, funghi (porcini and chanterelles) should be starting too.

Barbaresco is a wine found near the Chianti region. I like it. DP is a barbera fan, but we'll still talk to her.

Renting a house is the way to go, you have control over what you eat. Our week and half in Rome in May was great for that- we ate lots of tomatoes, artichokes and salads and it gave us the down time we needed somewhere not food centric. Ever notice that on vacation, you usually stop at a coffee shop (starbucks, etc. ) to rest and end up with a brownie to top off your americano?

Man, I'm jealous. You are hitting it at a great time of year. Not too hot still, but not rainy.

lala

btw, good on ya for the loss ....
Old 09-10-2002, 07:49 PM   #4  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I'm so bummed. I was doing well today. Then I took a PM step class. I practically blacked out during the class. Damn this HG. I even ate before class to be sure this didn't happen. Best laid plans, right? So I grabbed an unplanned protein bar after class to be sure I can get home from the gym and I'm already over my points and I haven't had my evening snack yet. This stinks. At least I made it home safe.

Breakfast
ww smoothie with soy milk and whole grain cereal 4

Snack
french toast 2

Lunch
sushi 4
seaweed salad 1

Snack
protein drink 4

Dinner
monk fish sandwich 6

Snack
protein bar 4

Total: 25 so far

Exercise: a step class that almost killed me
Old 09-10-2002, 08:32 PM   #5  
si, si signora

Myra,

You had an episode. Please don't be hard on yourself. You could have been injured badly. Thank goodness you weren't driving somewhere.

Okay,
time to fess up.

breakfast:
latte 2
coffee
three small cookies 4
luna bar 4/10
lunch:
ice tea
water
baked lays 2/12
subway sammich 6/18
dinner:
tomatoes, basil, mozz 3
artichoke 0/21
coffee
water
meringue cookies 1/22
exercise: dog putter, gym - 45 min elliptical, dog putter, 10 sets of stairs at the park
water: si,si
vitamin: yup
bye now!
Closed Thread