Old 03-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/starting over again/148

Height: 5'7"

Angry ww vs home scale

sorry just need to rant

i weighed myself at home (235.6) today then went to ww today and it was at 242.8, not that this isnt frustrating enough last week at ww vs this week at ww was night and day.

last week i was 239 on their scale (same one i used today) and 242.8 today. But when i weighed at home i was 233. so i think there is something screwy with their stuff. im going by my scale
amandapaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

I know what your are talking about.

I have some weeks were I know I lose because me scale and the I was the same at ww meeting.

Right now I not going to Meetings .
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #3  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I don't think it much matters which scale you use, as long as you use the same one consistently. If you haven't already, you might want to put a new battery in your scale, even new scales sometimes have batteries that should be replaced. You may also want to place something you know the weight of (e.g. a 10lb dumbbell, a 5lb bag of sugar) and see what it weighs.

It sounds like your home scale is weighing you about 6-7 pounds lower than the WW scale. (Or the WW scale is weighing you 6-7 pounds higher, however you want to look at it. )

I find my home scale weighs me consistently about 3 pounds lower than the WW scale (and about 5 pounds lower than my doctor's scale). I weigh on my home scale daily just to keep myself honest and see my progression throughout the week, but I know that I have to tack 3lbs onto that number, as I only count the WW scale for my 'official' weight.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 263.5/256/170

Height: 5'5

I do the same. I know that my scale at home weighs me lower than at the meeting. I used to go to a Sat. a.m. meeting and loved that I weighed in the morning w/o any food in my body and now weigh at 6:30 at night. I also go by the meeting scale and just expect it to be different the mine. Your floor might not be straight or the scale might also not be adjusted correctly. It is frustrating though when it goes back and fourth. One week my home scale weighed me less by 6lbs and then the next week it was only off by 3. Crazy!
snoopy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I go by the WW scale; I know my home scale is inconsistant. According to my home scale, I gained 1.5 pounds by taking OFF my pants once!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

My first round with WW started in April '08. I had the same experience with the scales and it really upset me at the time! It wasn't a huge difference, about 3.5 lbs. But enough for me to feel even bigger than I already was. I ended up going and buying a new scale for home, and found that one to be much closer to the one at the meeting.

I only ever went to one meeting, and then one follow-up weigh-in. I knew I wasn't a good meetings person, and I knew that I really couldn't afford to keep up meetings indefinitely. I ended up ordering the at-home set and worked on it on my own. Did pretty well until mid-late August that year, when two weekends in a row to a nearby family amusement park threw me off. I just had the hardest time getting back on-track, until just last month. And by being off-track, I managed to gain back the 12 lbs I lost back then, plus another 13 lbs on top of it. So I started out this time at about 12 lbs heavier than my starting weight before... *sigh*

What's helping this time is that I'm not playing the psychological game with myself that I play, of telling myself I need to follow the suggested menus for any given plan. That always ends up being too expensive, which is one major deterrent for me.

Anyway, I know I strayed from the topic. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone regarding that discrepency in your weight at home and your weight on their scales. This time I just use the weigh-in feature on our Wii Fit Plus. I still get on our home scale, but since the Wii thing takes into account the weight of your clothing, I'm consistently 2 lbs lower there than on the scale. Just sticking with that. It still shows me going down in weight, and it's using the same weighing tool each week.
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote