Old 01-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

Default Does anyone use the really old (10 fiber cap) slider?

I'm curious to know if anyone still uses the really old WW slider (mine was red) that had the fiber cap set at 10. This is my second time doing WW, and the first time I did it I made my goal weight with the higher fiber cap.

I'm finding that with the lower fiber cap of 4 I'm hungry a lot. I eat a mostly vegetable-based diet, which includes a lot of beans, and so I feel like I'm penalized under this new system. I'm toying with the idea of using the old slider for certain foods -- specifically, unprocessed foods with a higher amount of naturally occurring fiber. I'd use the *new* slider for processed foods (things like fiber one, cereal bars, or yogurt with added fiber). This would seem to get around the pitfalls that some WW members experienced (that is, adding more fiber to higher calorie foods to make them lower in points and then eating too much).

Any thoughts or stories to share?
SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

This was one of the reasons I switched form WW to counting calories. I was so hungry! some of the things I lived on went from 0 or 1 pt to 4-5 pts. which was madding at best and impossible to live with.

I don't have my old WW stuff anymore but sometimes you can find it on ebay.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/206/180

Height: 6'0

When I was on WW the first time, I had the 10 fiber grams slide. That slide helped me lose over 100 pounds (gained some of it back though, which is why I am here). Honestly, if I still knew where it was, I would still use it. So long as I count ALL my points using that system, I don't see how I could really go wrong with it
tammygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'6''

I finally found it. It is from 1997. It came with the 123 Success program. I way preferred the 10 pts Fibre caps.

Now that I have found it I may go back using it. I lost a lot doing it.
helene1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/207/140?

Height: 5'2

I'm new to WW. I'm on week two. Will someone explain the fiber capping to me?
LadyTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

SS is talking about an old program (late 90's) that was called 123 sucess. it is no longer the program available.

Your WW leader should have explained the fiber cap, which I think is 4, using your slide rule, you can figure out how many points any food is based on 4 grams of fiber, fat and calories, the max regardless of how much fiber a food has is 4

So a food that has 6 grams of fiber, you can only count 4 of them, 123 allowed you to count up to 10 of them and that slide rule went to 10.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/207/140?

Height: 5'2

I'm doing WW online. I tend to just go online to check points of food items. I should spend more time looking at all the articles on the WW. Thanks for explaining it to me!
LadyTL is offline   Reply With Quote