Old 01-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #1  
Wishes I could be a cat!

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

Default Thinking about joining WW...

Hey all---its been a while since I have been around. I kinda threw my diet in the trash and kinda felt embarrassed to come back here...but I am back and I have a plan!

I decided I really want to join WW. I want to go to the meetings. I don't think I can do it at home.

Anyway---for those of you that go to meetings can anyone give me a rundown?

How much is it? How much up front? (in general). What are the meetings like? Do they give me all the books and such on my first meeting? How many weeks do I HAVE to go for?

Thanks all!
momto3kittiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ashley!

You can check out a meeting for free right now so I'd say go see for
yourself if you like it or not and... since it's free you can go on line
the weight watchers site and go to as many meetings you like until
you find one that fits
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #3  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Default ;)

I do the monthly pass and go to the meetings every week for WI and the half hour meeting.

I think they still are waving the registration fee to join up, so you just have to pay for the weekly meeting fees. Monthly pass is 40$ (so 4 weigh ins for 10$ a time, Then 17-week pass is about 13-14$ per week, and then Pay as you Go for a 15$ weekly fee.

You can go to more than one meeting each week, but I think the leaders have the same materials each week, so you can find a leader and class your comfortable in or switch it up.

They give you the starting booklet the first meeting along with the little planner-like book with the slider. Then each week you get the next booklet. I don't know how many there are, I've heard ten mentioned but there might be more? I'm only on week 4 myself. If they gave you all the materials the first week they'd lose a lot of customers, as a lot would stop paying for the rest of the meetings. Makes sense since it is a business.

Best of luck with your weight-loss journey!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #4  
So Ready

I signed up for the monthly pass with a 50% off coupon I got in my email. If anyone wants that promo link (and I'm allowed to post it here), please let me know.
traceriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

I do WW at work. We signed up for a 17-week program, and the cost of the meetings averages at about 10$ per meeting. Plus, because 20 of us signed up, we get 19 weeks of e-tools free. I really like the at work program because they do payroll deduction, so I never really "miss" the money. I probably wouldn't pay for meetings outside of work, and I wouldn't have time to go (I live in a small town, so there's not a ton of choices in regards to the meetings. Plus, most of the meetings are held when I'm at the office).
SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I go to meetings. I also do the monthly pass, and yes there are 10 booklets that you get over 10 weeks. There is also a WW Weekly publication that they are giving out at meetings. They just started the Weeklys this year, and it's just a short publication with tips and an overview of that week's topic. I absolutely recommend trying out different meetings and finding a group/leader you click with, it makes a huge difference!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/253/199

Height: 5'3"

I do the monthly pass. (Well, I just started back up again, after realizing there's no way I can just do it on my own!)

I tried weight watchers 4 times in the past; but I finally found a leader I really feel like I click with this time. So I definitely suggest "shopping" for leaders. (We only have 1 meeting place in my town, but 6 different leaders - one for pretty much each day of the week.)
SugarJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote