Old 07-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of July 6 '09

Good morning!

A beautiful summer day here in PA. Too bad the weekend wasn't all like this! I had a fairly quiet one which was nice. I got to sleep in Friday/Saturday and that was really nice.

We had a quiet 4th which was fine with me. I'm hoping to get out at noon for a short walk, I still don't have the energy/stamina to go as long as I did before. I'll be so glad once the thyroid is stabilized--I hate feeling so tired, drained all the time!

How was everyone's weekend?
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, Thanks for starting the thread this morning. Sorry that you are still having energy problems. The heat here is making me tired, too, but that happens because of our humidity. Had a good weekend. Went to a birthday party on Friday, played golf on Saturday and Sunday. We had terrible storms on Saturday with lots of lightning, so that was scary.

Food-wise, I was so-so. Ate too many salty snacks.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #3  

Hi ladies,

Busy week with lots of traveling. I will be spending the day tomorrow in Boston at a conference.
I'm also feeling very tired lately. My doctor had me go to the lab for blood work on Monday to see if I was anemic. Everything came back OK but he still wants me to come in for a check up on Friday.
Lori I love all your pictures of Phoebe on Facebook. She is so cute! When are you going back to work?
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #4  

Work is crazy for me and the lack of energy is really frustrating. It doesn't help that my emotions are out of whack/control as well.

We got a call yesterday that my dad spiked a high temp and that he has another infection. This afternoon we talked with hospice and it appears that my dad is bleeding internally and they were going to get in touch with the doctor he had been seeing at the regional cancer center about the possibility of giving him blood. After talking with my brothers and my mom we decided that it wouldn't be in my dad's best interest at this point and time. Why does life have to be so difficult? I know in my heart that we made the right decision but it certainly isn't a easy one.

We did have him out on Sunday for a drive. We picked him up, went for ice cream and I was able to bring him over the to house and drive my car into the back yard so he could see all the flowers blooming in the yard. It was a good day for him.

I went to my meeting today and was down .2 which is good considering the last 8 weeks I've had gains so any loss is a good one. I'm just hoping that I can continue to lose. It's been so frustrating to watch my weight go up, up, up 10#!

Pam: Have you ever had your thyroid levels checked? When I hear someone talk about being really tired I think of that because that was my first indication of something being amiss. Just a thought.

Lori: I hope your routine is getting a little better with Phoebe and that you're able to get some sleep.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:36 AM   #5  

Hi, ladies. I also have been tired lately, but I blame the oppressive heat here. I'm keeping my activity up and I'm doing pretty well with my food intake--still like those salty snacks (right, Melissa?)

Pam, I've always liked Boston (as long as I'm not driving). It's a great city. You may want to take Melissa's advice.

Melissa, So sorry to hear about your dad. I know that I will soon be dealing with these problems. My parents had a big fight last week and my mother yelled that she wanted a divorce!! Geezh--come one, they've been married 55 years! My dad is now totally blind and it's a strain on my mother who is having all sorts of health problems. We had hoped they would move to a condo for easier living, but the taxes are outrageous. Congrats on your loss--gosh you sound like me--10 pounds came on so fast. It's a real struggle.

Lori, I'm not on Facebook; I just don't have interest in those things. I'm sure Phoebe is beautiful. Are you still breast-feeding?
Old 07-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #6  

Melissa you know after reading about your thyroid issues I was thinking that I should have my levels checked. I will mention it to my doctor on Friday. I'm so sorry about your Dad. That must have been a heart wrenching decision for you and your family.

Lisa yes Boston is a great city but unfortuanely I was the driver today. I hate all the tunnels and the never ending construction. The conference I attended was very nice and I was able to meet up with several business associates so it was time well spent.

Hi Lori and Phoebe!

Back to the office tomorrow.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #7  

Lisa, those salty snacks call my name all the time...it's horrible! I try to curb myself but I have such a hard time with that. I bought some pretzels today and haven't bought tortilla chips because they are such a trigger food for me--if I know I have them in the house I have to eat them...ugh!

Pam: It's definitely something to ask about because thyroid problems can crop up at any time. Does anyone in your family have them, like your mom, aunts or sister? I never knew how much the thyroid controlled until I started having problems and started looking into it. I have a follow up appointment next Tuesday.

I think I'm finally starting to feel a little better. It's been a struggle to move and my walking has really suffered. The weather has been perfect for walking but I haven't been able to take advantage of it and that part has been so frustrating! I've gone out a couple of times on my lunch hour but it makes me so tired.

We're supposed to be getting more humid tomorrow so any painting will again have to be put off...I'm beginning to think I'm never going to get my deck done!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #8  

Talking about change, Lori, reminded me that my DH will be on a different schedule when we get back from vacation. After 18 years of working 5 am to 1:30 pm he's going to be on a more "normal" shift. He'll be working 7:30 am to 4 pm so we'll be kind of on the same schedule. It'll make the mornings interesting because I'm so used to getting up and having some "quiet" time in the morning. The good part about it is that he'll be able to go to evening functions since he won't be having to go to bed at 7:30-8 p.m.

Lori: What I like about meeting here even though I'm on facebook enough is that we have our own little "chat". Is there a way we can do something similar on Facebook? I haven't investigated too much on there but I would imagine there might be a way to have our "group" meet.

No major plans for the weekend--I'm off this weekend from WW and am looking forward to some quiet time. Saturday is supposed to be hot & humid with t'storms so I don't think I'll be able to start the deck, although Sunday may be an option. I'm borrowing a power washer from my cousin to get the deck cleaned so I may do that this evening and then Sunday we may be able to tackle the deck. The biggest obstacle is rain.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #9  

Lori, Thanks for the link to the photos--she is so cute and I can see why you will miss her. You and your DH have a good transition schedule worked out. I'm sure he'll be fine. I really like the photo of you kissing her on the cheek and the one with Phoebe and sunglasses.

Melissa, I think you'll like being able to do more events with DH.

My weekend is working on a Habitat for Humanity house and some golf. DH is working all weekend.