Old 04-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #1  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Default Arghh!! I need some support!!!

The event that all of us WWers dread has happened to me -- yup, I'm on vacation visiting a friend in Washington. Why is this a dreaded event?? Well, I am now in a situation where I have little to no control over the food!!! I arrived Sunday morning. We went to lunch Sunday, dinner Sunday, dinner Monday, lunch and dinner Tuesday, takeout Wednesday, lunch Thursday. Not my choice of restaurants. Not my choice of menus. I offered to cook the rest of the time, but NO WE DON'T LET GUESTS COOK. I have done my best to order the right things off the menu, but we aren't frequenting the places that have much to alter! It is hard when you don't see a green salad on the menu, and all that is offered is pub food (fries, onion rings, wings, caesar salad -- no we can't put the dressing on the side as we mix it all in together -- burgers, pizza, nachos...). I've kept to ordering and sharing the appetizers, but I KNOW I am way over my daily points ... and this is frustrating. I am compensating with doing my best over breakfast (one egg, one toast, every day) and lunches (1 piece bread, 1 piece turkey breast, mustard, every time I can control the food), and I am exercising intentionally AND walking 3-4 hours a day while sight-seeing, but I am very, very, very stressed and very, very, VERY scared about facing the scale when I get home.
I knew this would be a challenge, but I didn't think it would be so depressing.
Just venting!
Sigh.
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 04-02-2009 at 05:51 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

I feel your pain of having few choices. You didn't say how long you're staying, but it's not too late to ask your friend to help you stay OP by choosing restaurants with healthy food options. Keep in mind, though, that portion size IS in your control. Plus, you're doing well with the exercise, and breakfast & lunch menus. You might want to drink lots of water to help with any extra water retention from the sodium overload. Good luck at weigh in!

Last edited by Jane; 04-02-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

That stinks! but, since you've gone to visit them, they must be a good friend? Ask them to go to better restaurants.... The exercising is good. Try to relax a little bit. Once you come home, DETOX your body! When you get back, exercise but don't use your activity points or don't use all of them.. eat tons of fruit and veggies get your fiber! and do yourself a favor and DON'T weigh yourself until you KNOW you've come back down and you feel good. Just DON'T do it, you'll want to, but if you do, you'll cry! When I mess up my plan, or go on vacation.. I don't WI for at least a week!

BTW is there any way you can add some fruits and veggies to your breakfast and lunch? Those tend to be much lower in points and the fiber will help keep you full!
If they're a really good friend, then once you explain yourself, they will listen. Otherwise, how great of a friend are they if they're not willing to help you take care of yourself? just my opinion...
Keep it up, relax and enjoy your vacation a bit! Stressing will only make it worse!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #4  
Triathlon chica

S/C/G: 270/182.5/??

Height: 5'6"

Ugh, I would hate this and feel trapped, too!!!

Can you try to steer her places where you could get healthier foods? Even Panera Bread would probably be healthier (and still pretty cheap) and you can customize your salad there.

Or maybe you can stop at a grocery store and get yourself from fruit and raw veggies to nibble on.

You might not gain as much as you think, but it will be temporary as long as you go back to clean eating when you get home.
Athenawithheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Verdict is in: NOT great friends. BIG mistake in visiting. Very passive-aggressive behaviour: "Oh we'll stop at a store for you"..."We missed the turnoff -- oh well, we're ordering in Kung Pao Chicken tonight anyways as the kitchen is BARE...MUST get groceries...perhaps after I drop you off at the airport"..."THAT restaurant is too expensive -- lets go to Five Guys for burgers and fries..." Sigh...I haven't seen a fresh veggie or fruit since last SUNDAY. I can hardly wait to get back home into my normal routine.
Sigh
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 04-04-2009 at 11:32 AM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote