Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 10:52 PM   #1  
I WILL get to my goal!

Default WW Winning Points and Pregnancy?

As some of you know, hubby and I are trying to get pregnant so dieting is an "issue" with us.

Of course I will clear it with my doctor should I get pregnant while on the plan, but what have you heard about it? Can a healthy pregnant woman still stay on the plan with some modifications of course.

Does WW have a special plan for pregnant/nursing women?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:38 AM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

HI, and congrats for your decision to start a family! It is my understanding that woman who are pregnant or nursing CAN do weight watchers, but their point ranges are much higher. I *think* a pregnant/or nursing mom can eat up to 32-37 points in a day. LUCKY! LOL

Anyway, I may be wrong but I a pretty sure those are the numbers. Good luck ttc! (trying to concieve).

Angie
Old 05-28-2002, 08:11 AM   #3  
I WILL get to my goal!

Great thanks! I feel much better about getting on the plan then.

Old 05-28-2002, 11:22 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

W/W will not let you attend meetings if you are pregnant. However friends of mine have taken the program materials to their OB/GYN and they figured out how many more points to add (I think it was between 6-8 points a day and used for dairy, protein, complex carbs or fruit/veggies - no sweets).

There is a nursing program however.
Old 05-28-2002, 04:56 PM   #5  
I WILL get to my goal!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly_S
W/W will not let you attend meetings if you are pregnant. However friends of mine have taken the program materials to their OB/GYN and they figured out how many more points to add (I think it was between 6-8 points a day and used for dairy, protein, complex carbs or fruit/veggies - no sweets).

There is a nursing program however.
I do not plan on attending meetings which is why I am on the At Home plan. But that is a good idea to take my materials to my doctor when I get pregnant to change the points for me.

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2002, 05:31 PM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

10 points is for nursing moms, who need more that PG moms. I would definately take it to your doctor, because your point range will also depend on your weight. I did the nursing mothers program after I had my baby and found that the point levels were off for me. So get the OK from your doctor.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:29 PM   #7  
I WILL get to my goal!

Default Jen L

I will definitly take it to my doctor. Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-29-2002, 01:04 AM   #8  

the benefit of ww is that it is a healthy lifestyle plan, and with a few additional servings of fruits and veggies and proteins

(for some reason, 300 calories pops into mind as the increase a pregnant woman needs to add to everyday eating to support the baby, but i could be wrong)

good luck!!!
Old 06-02-2002, 10:16 PM   #9  

trixiepup's right!
there's a suggested calorie-intake chart right here in my bio textbook (biochemistry, 4th year and counting... lol)
which says that women 18-25 should have 2,100 calories a day (including activity) and pregnant women can add 300 to that....

mind you, that had no weight loss, only weight maintance, and many feel that those numbers may be too high (that's according to eating your full servings of every food group, which typically doesn't happen for most people....)

anyways i'm just rambling but for what it's worth!....
Old 06-03-2002, 07:56 PM   #10  
I WILL get to my goal!

LF,

Thanks! Glad you had that bio book around. :-)
Closed Thread