Old 02-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4LIfe - Week of 2/16/2009

Good afternoon. I've been out sick and I feel so much better. I had some nasty sinus infection. I had to go to the doctor--had a 102 fever. 30-40% of our staff are out for sickness. It's just crazy here.

The Sound of Music went very well. All 4 performances were sold out. We were so proud of our show.

I read that Melissa lost weight again--whatever she is losing, I'm finding. I was supposed to go to WI tonight, but I just can't bear it. I'm up 2-3 pounds from last month according to my scale and II'm just so disgusted with myself. Last week I was OP and had lost 2 pounds, but on the weekend, I ate so many sweets between Valentine's day and the cast party. I gained that back.

Run4change You must be tall to have those weight goals? Are you a tall person? I would think that WW would use the WW goal.

Lori, You're still not feeling great? You poor thing. Traveling doesn't help either.

I know that Melissa is on a little vacation. I hope she is having a good time.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #2  

Lori, I'm sorry you're still stuffy. There is a lot of awful stuff going around. I feel soooo much better. Yes, I know that WW follows the doctor's guideline, but in Run's case, she's better using the WW guideline.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #3  
run4change

S/C/G: 307.6/184/196

Here I am. Back again. I am somewhere between 6'1"-6'2". Got both measurements at the doctors. They just went with whatever the doctors goal was but now that I am 30 lbs lower I think they are going to disregard it and go to the upper limit of WW goal which is 196.

I gotta say thank you to you guys for your support and replies. I don't really ever get any replies on this site other than from you guys. So that is much appreciated. I have my weigh in tonight and I am hoping that it will go well with a small loss. That would be perfecto. I still go every week. I like the accountability.

I almost had a really big binge on saturday but I hung on by the skin of my teeth and stayed strong. It was more of a rebellion against staying on program than a craving really.
run4change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #4  
run4change

It is very nice to know that I am not the only one on the posting and replying front. Thanks for your encouragement. Started to feel bad a little.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #5  

Run4change You're welcome. I'm 6'0 tall and my WW goal is 170 (which I've been hovering at and I'm very upset) About 6 months ago, it was very easy for me to be around 164 or 165. Lately, I've been eating all the wrong things. I haven't gone to WI this month because I'm so embarassed. Good luck at your WI!

Lori, I have heard from another friend who is "in the family way" that she has a stuffed up nose. I wonder why pregnancy would cause that??
Old 02-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #6  
run4change

It can be madening can't it. I have been in the mid 180's for two months and before a was in the mid to upper 70's and it was easy to stay there. Guess I go lazy or something
Old 02-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #7  

Agree, Run, I just don't know why I'm eating the wrong things!!! I'm on my third OP day, but let me tell you it is difficult. Plus I got sick last week, so I couldn't do my exercises, just had to veg at home. I must lose this weight again. My clothes aren't fitting right and I know my spring/summer clothes are more form-fitting than my winter ones. : (
Old 02-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

I'm back to work after being in San Diego for 4 days. I'm tired this morning but knew that getting back to work today would get me back onto a regular schedule. We had a good time--did a lot of walking (wish I would've remembered my pedometer) and was sore each evening. We went to Point Loma Lighthouse and walked the trails by the tide pools. I ate a lot of different types of foods and enjoyed it. Drank way too many Guinness but I'm hoping the activity will help counteract the eating out and drinking. We did a lot of walking--parked the car in the parking garage and walked wherever we could.

We found a great bread store (Bread & Cie) and got sandwiches to take with us to PETCO--I had an awesome sourdough with gouda, pesto, tomato and fresh basil...yum! I wish we had a similar store here. DH and I enjoyed the different foods and the rugby games were great. They went fast because they only play 7 minute halves. The first day we saw 24 games.

I will say it was nice to sleep in my own bed last night! I'm going to head to my meeting today but am not going to WI...it's not something I usually do but I know I didn't get nearly enough water in over the last few days.

Lisa: I honestly don't feel like I should be losing because my eating has been terrible--I know it's more from my thyroid being in hyper mode. I got my latest results and my levels are still high. I'm not complaining about the losses though. Hang in there--your weight will come down. I tend to go through bouts of being high and then dropping again. It's frustrating!

Run: We have a great group here. I don't usually post on any of the other threads either. How did your WI go?

Lori: I can empathize with the chest congestion--I still have my cough and it's just not going away! I'm sure it doesn't help with the temps being as crazy as they are.

Pam: I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. I thought about Maine when DH and I were at the Point Loma Lighthouse walking along the tide pools--I have to say I like the Maine coast better

Well, gotta get moving here...I'll check back in later!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #9  

Welcome back, Melissa. Glad you had a good time. Did DH's team win? San Diego is great and the yes, the food is good, too.

I'm going over my GF's after work because we have a project to work on together for a future conference. I told her: " no snacks, no sweets" We're going to eat big salads together. : )
Old 02-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #10  

Lisa: DH did not play--we were just spectators. The teams are "professional" that participate in this tourney--like our pro football players. The difference though is that before/during/after the games they mingle with the fans

Lori: My DS #2 sat on a nerve in my back when I was pregnant with him--not fun at all so I can empathize! I hope you get some relief soon!

Almost done with work and then I'm off to dinner with some friends for a bit. I'm dragging and need to get my second wind...
Old 02-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #11  

Lori, Boy, have you had a spate of not feeling well. Darn. I hope you can get some PT. Is the baby moving a lot? I'm not a good runner either. My DH was so hopeful that I would be a runner like him; I just don't have what it takes. I'm a great walker and I throw in a few blocks of running, but I prefer walking--I walk fast!

Melissa,Oh, I didn't realize this was professional--how great. I'm glad you had a good time.

Went to my GF's last night to work on our project and we ate salads topped with grilled mahi--very good and low points! (dressing on the side). I'm on my 4th OP day today.

Made reservations for our short trip to LA in May for my aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary. I'm really looking forward to it. Will be a family reunion of sorts. I was the flower girl in their wedding. : )
Old 02-20-2009, 03:12 PM   #12  
run4change

My weigh in went well. I lost 2 lbs and I have 7 more to go to get to the weight I want to be at for my race coming up in May. So I was very relieved and happy at the WI.

Modkittn- There is nothing wrong with the run-jog/walk program. In fact, all of my running up to this point has been run/walk. It took me 2 miles went I started up to finishing a 50 mile race in a little over 11 hours. Now that is a lot of running. HAHAHA
Old 02-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #13  

Good for you, Run. I hope I can say the same when I WI next week.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #14  

Congratulations, Run, on your loss this week!

Lisa: You're doing great with staying OP--have a good weekend!

No major plans this weekend--there's a big basketball game here that will decide if we move into first place and it's the annual "Pink Zone" game which benefits breast cancer so it should be a fun game.