Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 10:36 PM   #16  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING Coutndowners

ANGIE welcome back! I certainly do remember you. Good to have you back on this walk to thin.

It has been real quiet here on this thread - I hope it is because everyone is doing well and very busy.

I had an OP day yesterday with points to go to bed with and plan on anohter today.

Ability is what you're capable of doing...
Motivation determines what you do...
Attitude determines how well you do it.

Have a great VALENTINES DAY all you wonderful folks.

Maggie sippin' Hazelnut coffee through a straw with a good attitude in Tennessee

------------------
DON'T EXCHANGE WHAT YOU WANT MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT AT THE MOMENT
Old 02-15-2001, 05:29 AM   #17  

Hey everyone!

I'm back from vacation. I had a great time seeing my best friend from college. She's prego, and due in about 7 weeks! We worked on the nursery and had a great time!!!

Now I have a tremendous head cold now!! I'm soo miserable. The only bad thing about visiting is my eating went out the window, so to speak! I was up 1 1/2 lbs, but today was back down again to where I was the morning I left, so that's a relief! I can't believe how hard it is to get back on track after eating so poorly for 2-3 days!

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi to everyone!

Welcome to you Angie! I'm 25, single, and on the final road to losing weight! It's a long one, and a curving one, but it does end where I want it to!

Max - Congrats on the wonderful first week loss! Keep up the great work!

Geri - Don't worry about those cookies! Those 3 lbs will be off before you know it!

Brenda - I know you'll make that 350 mark soon!! Keep up the hard work, you're doing great!!

Maggie - sounds like you are keeping on program! You're body will move (down) soon! My body does this too, and I just want to kick and scream at it ---- alas, that doesn't work though!!

Hope everyone else is doing well --- talk to you soon!

------------------
Tracy
320/285/150
OP Since 10/30/00
Old 02-15-2001, 08:32 AM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Happy, happy heart day!!! Had a full day today. Mom and I had lunch with my foster sister. She fixed all homemade Chineese. She's a pretty good cook. Then I came home, tried to clear off at least one horizontal surface so I could have a nice dinner and invite my mom over. Today would have been their 59th anniversary so I wanted to keep them busy.

I made the parmesaen chicken recipe that WW was giving out this week. It was pretty good. Then I made a really good 'cheesecakie' dessert and my 'famous' 1pt. fruit pie. All in all it was a good dinner. I put on a tablecloth, used cupid confetti, had a three-wick candle that I tied a pretty bow on. It looked pretty good.

Hubby must have figured I had had enough chocolate of late since all I got for Valentine's day was a beautiful card. So far he's batting a thousand. For my birthday he gave me a ring box with a note in it 'let's go shopping'. So far we haven't. Am I petty, or what????

Maggie: Sorry about the gain. Sometimes, I know I should have lost and don't and it's so frustrating. Just stick to it, it's so easy to give up when we're frustrated.

Angie: Wow, good to have you back, girlfriend. There's a few of us 'old girls' still here, but we've added a bunch of new friends too. Glad you're back!!!

2ofMe: I think alot of it is leftover learning from our childhoods. You fall and bump your knee, here honey, have a cookie. You have a bad day at school, here sweetie have some ice cream. It's your birthday, time for cake and ice cream. Let's do lunch, let's do dinner, let's go have a drink. It doesn't stop. Our world's revolve around eating for comfort and celebration.

Tracy: Glad you had a nice vacation. It's nice re-connecting with old friends. Sorry about the head cold. Tis the season. It was raining and cold here today. Perfect weather for the chills.

Well, guess I'll let you go. Hope you all had a wonderful day.

Thinthinker in Michigan

"You are always a valuable, worthwhile human being, not because anybody says so, not because you're successful, not because you make a lot of money, but because you decide to believe it and for no other reason. - Wayne Dyer

[This message has been edited by thinthinker (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-15-2001, 10:19 AM   #19  
Dying to be thin

Thanks for the warm welcome back..so far so good..these last two days have been great. I have really been pounding down the water! I feel like I am going to float away and I spend most of my time in the bathroom but it's nice to feel like I am doing something good for myself.
It's great to hear from all of you! I truly missed all of you!!!
Thanks for welcoming me back!

------------------
Old 02-15-2001, 07:37 PM   #20  
Makin_it

Good Morning

Well I was down 1 pound at WI this week, sort of disappointed I didn't lose the 2.5 I gained but it's ok. The way my body works I figure I'll have a large loss again in the next week or two. People are really starting to notice and ask questions. It's kind of nice but I don't want to get hung up on that.

I do have a question and would love to know how anyone else has dealt with this problem. I've been at WW for almost 6 months and my leader is starting to do repeat meetings. Now, she is very good and makes each meeting very interesting but I'm concerned that at some point the meetings will be less motivating and although this is not an issue now, I know it might get to be. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Hi Angie, it's nice to meet you. Sounds like your back on track, keep up the good work

Geri, your mom must be very proud to have a daughter like you. Glad to hear that your keeping you and your mom busy.

Tracy, sounds like you had a wonderful time, don't worry about getting back on track you'll be fine and shedding more pounds before you know it.

Maggie, that last quote is so very true and it was a great reminder of how it's really up to each and everyone of us to make a difference for ourselves.

Well have to get to work, have a great OP day everyone.

Brenda
430/353.5/180 in 2002

[This message has been edited by canadian (edited 02-15-2001).]
Old 02-15-2001, 10:46 PM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, everyone! Figured I would try to get on this morning before I go to work. I have a mobile home community evaluation at noon. Hubby and I have a hotel to do on Saturday nite. Woohoo! A nite away with my honey. Maybe we'll spend the better part of the day together. Well, maybe not! He leaves for South Carolina Monday and will be gone all week. I'll have to see what kind of trouble I can get into while he's gone. I like to stay up late and get stuff done and then sleep half the day. I don't have too many jobs next week (for the moment anyway) so I should be able to indulge myself.

Angie: Sounds like you're doing GREAT! Good job getting back with it. Glad you're back here too.

Brenda: Can't help you with the repeat meeting thing. I've been going since May of 1998 and sometimes the subject matter is similar in my meetings but I've not run into it being boring. BTW, I looked at your stats. You are sooo close to having lost 100#! That is really exciting. You've been doing so well. Don't beat yourself up about the small loss this week, it WAS a loss after all!

Ok, you guys. I have a question for you. DH and I are celebrating our 25th this year. At first we said we were going to take a cruise. Then I said something like it would be nice to at least look good, ok decent, in shorts before we cruise. So now we're looking for a city to visit. A couple of years ago we spent 3 days in Toronto, Canada and had a really great time doing the city tour, etc. Have any of you visited somewhere that has alot of stuff to see and do? I thought maybe San Francisco, or Boston. Anyway, if you have any ideas, please share.

I'll talk to you soon. Love to all.

Thinthinker/Geri in Michigan

"The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly; who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at the best, know the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly, so
that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Old 02-16-2001, 03:47 AM   #22  

Geri - I LOVE, I mean LOVE San Francisco! It is soo much fun.

There are so many things to do on the Fisherman's Wharf and the Boardwalks. There's Ghiradelli's Square, and riding the Trolley's. The Trolley takes you to the huge mall if you ride it all the way!

Then there is Alcatraz (which I haven't done before but will one day!). Like I think I mentioned before, besides my hometown of Seattle, San Francisco is my favorite city, and I LOVE it!

------------------
Tracy
320/285/150
OP Since 10/30/00
Old 02-16-2001, 11:43 PM   #23  
Dying to be thin

Hello Everyone and Happy Friday!!
So far so good...I have been OP but not exercising yet. But hopefully my hubby will bring my treadmill in from storage so I can burn some rubber!! How are you all doing? I thought I just stop in to say HI! Talk to you soon!

Angie
267.6/267.6/241.6 10%
Started WW 02/12/01
Old 02-17-2001, 02:02 AM   #24  
Max

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. I weighed in today with a 3 lb. gain. I'm actually feeling pretty good about that because I know that I had a tough week and 3 lbs. is not a big deal. And the other reason is that I stayed under to 300 lb. mark, barely. Hope you all have a good weekend!!

Max 315/299.5/246.8/187 4/25/98

Old 02-18-2001, 02:58 AM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Just taking a moment before DH and I go off for our romantic evening at the hotel. I bought a sexy little (ok, big) nightie yesterday. 1/2 off 'cuz it's red for
Valentine's Day. Gosh I love bargains. I bought a package of those rhinestone stick-on tatooie things. I packed some candles and some sparkling juice and wine
glasses. I also booked the 'deluxe' suite that has a fireplace in the living room and
we're good to go!

Tracy: Thanks for the info on San Francisco. The verdict's not in yet so we'll see where we really go.

Angie: Gosh, I can't say it enough, it's good to have you back. How's the rest of the family doing?

Max: I was up 3# this week too. Just can't get it back together. I'm taking tonite off too and then I'll start anew tomorrow. Monday's WI won't be pretty either but oh well.

Well you guys, I'm gonna get out of here and devote some time to my marriage. You all behave, 'cuz I'm not going too! Talk to ya all later.

Thinthinker in Michigan

"If it were easy, anyone could do it. It's the hard that makes it great." - from the movie A League of Their Own
Old 02-19-2001, 01:10 AM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hey, where is everyone???
Well, I survived the big night out. It was nice to get away. With 2 teenagers/adults in the house, privacy is not one of our strong suits! We found out the room had a VCR so we went to the video store and got a couple of movies, stopped at the deli and got a couple of subs and just cuddled on the couch in front of the fireplace. Nice evening.

I hope you all are out enjoying a really nice weekend since you're not in here to talk to me. It's really cold here, but the sun is shining beautifully. Take care and enjoy your day.

No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.
Old 02-19-2001, 07:06 PM   #27  
Makin_it

Good Morning

Had a great weekend. Dancing Friday and Saturday night, feeling like a dropped a large amount of weight again, I'll find out tomorrow. It was my 234d anniversary on Sunday, hubby gave me some roses and had a song dedicated to us on Saturday night. Watched the Daytona 500 yesterday and had too many pieces of pizza (DARN) and was very sad to learn that Dale Ernhart died in that crash. Well enough rambling.... Hope everyone is doing well, it's been quiet in here.

Geri - sounds like a wonderful weekend. You deserve it gal.

Take care folks
Brenda
Old 02-19-2001, 10:07 PM   #28  
Dying to be thin

Hello everyone..Happy Monday! Tonight is Weigh In for me and I am extremely nervous!! I know there will be a loss but I am not sure how much! I haven't started exercising yet but that will start this week. I have however been drinking tons of water and it is around my TOM so I hope it helps. I had a pretty good weekend. We even played volleyball on Sunday which was fun! We play in a league and it will start the beginning of March, which will be some good exercise!

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Congratulations on your anniversary!

Geri- You asked about my family. Well...my daughter is getting really big. She is two years old now and full of life! She keeps me going all day! My hubby and me are doing just fine infact he is thinking of starting on the ww program with me (although he doesn't have much to lose!)
My father-in-law has been sick for around 6 years with emphazema (i might have spelled that wrong) and the middle of January he was hospitalized and we thought we were going to lose him. He is home now but not sure how long we have with him. Hopefully awhile. He has an external ventilator which he uses at night and he is on tons of medication and he is on oxygen all day long. So please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
I am currently in college for all of you who don't know me. After this quarter is over I will have 6 classes left. So by the end of November I should be done!! Yea!!!

Well speaking of class, I should get off of here and get ready. I will post tonight after my weigh in to let you know the results! Talk to you later!

Angie

Old 02-20-2001, 12:12 AM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning everyone! How are all of you? My DH left for South Carolina this morning. Gone for a week, Woohoo!!! I can get into all kinds of trouble while he's gone! Not that I really enjoy sleeping alone but I can stay up all nite and sleep all day. I am more nocturnal than he is so here's my chance.

Well, I WI on Monday, and I'd like to just post it and get over it and start again since it's Monday. So here it is. I was a bad girl again this week and am up 1#. I really thought I was badder than just 1# so this really is a good thing.

Brenda: Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had alot of fun to celebrate! Dancing sure works off alot of calories, you probably did drop alot of weight again this week.

Angie: Thanks for the update on your family. It had been so long since we talked. I'm glad everything is going so well. Sorry about your FIL. Emphasema is a terrible disease. My uncle had that and COPD, another lung disease and was on oxigen for about 8 years before we lost him. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Well, guess I'll go get something done. My kitty is begging at my elbow for treats. He won't leave me alone. Love to all.

If you say you 'can't' then you give yourself permission to fail.
Old 02-20-2001, 02:42 AM   #30  

Hey everyone!

Thought I'd stop in and say Hi!

Geri - Glad you're weekend was nice, sounds like you and hubby had a great night out!

Max - Don't worry about those 3 lbs, your body will adjust again soon!

To everyone else --- Hi, and hope all is well!

------------------
Tracy
320/285/150
OP Since 10/30/00
Closed Thread