Old 01-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 1/26/09

Hello, Happy Monday. I'm back from Vegas and I just don't want to write about how much I ate there. I did so well last week and stayed OP Mon - Thurs, then I got to Vegas and just went nuts. OK, it's a new week.

Las Vegas has become so huge; I just couldn't believe how much it has changed. My meetings and I only lost $1 gambling. I'm not much of a gambler; work too hard for my money.

Super Bowl is coming up on Sunday. Will any of you have a party?

I'm having a Spa party at my home on Friday night. It's for the Arthritis Foundation and I'm really looking forward to it.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I did not do well either with my eating this past weekend. On Friday after work (WW) my DH and I went to the play (Romeo & Juliet) and I just had a very quick bite of something to eat and after the show we went to a bar and let's just say I had my share of fried foods

No major plans for Super Bowl--I'm hoping it's a good game.

Lisa: Spa party sounds fun! Is it with a particular business or just a get together kind of thing?

I'm looking forward to going home and relaxing. I made a big pot of chicken soup for dinner tonight and am looking forward to eating it! More cold weather/snow is heading our way and so far they're not sure what the accumulation will be. It was only 19 here today and from what I've heard we'll be in the single digits tomorrow night. Brrrrr.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #3  
run4change

S/C/G: 307.6/184/196

I did pretty good on my eating this weekend. I did a long run yesterday and went skiing on saturday night. My food intake was good, but I have been extreeeeeeeemly tempted to eat Kettle Chips salt and fresh ground pepper flavor. It is intense. Not sure why but I want to get a whole bag and eat them.. I have stayed away thus far, but it is still there.

Keep up the good work guys
run4change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #4  

Melissa, Gosh, have you had a bad winter. Chicken soup sounds great! Yum! Thank God I can stay away from fried foods, except for sweet potato fries. I drank more in Vegas than I ever do. Hmmm Yesterday, I was OP and I'm proud of it. Got to keep going.

run4change I'm glad you're doing well and good for you for the physical activity. Do you have the Kettle Chips in the house? Get rid of them. That's how I am with corn chips, Chex Mix, M&M's (the list could go on and on).
Old 01-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #5  

Good morning! A chilly 16 degrees here in NW PA and colder temps are on their way (along with more snow).

Run4Change: Salt & crunch are my downfall. I can't have big bags of those types of things in my house and I have done as Lisa has suggested to you--crunch the bag up and throw it in the trash. I don't usually eat a lot of fried stuff because it causes some stomach issues because I'm not used to it. I'm hoping to get out at noon and get a walk in--I need the fresh air and movement.

Lisa: I brought some soup in for my lunch today. I love soups! I made the Sassy Salsified Pumpkin Soup from the Hungry Girl's web site and it was good. I added a can of petite diced tomatoes to 'bulk" it up a little. It also needed salt but it was great! It makes a big batch so the serving size is pretty big. It goes great on a cold day.

Pam: How are you doing? Work still crazy? We're gearing up here--the orientation season is underway! This semester always flies by.

Lori: How are you feeling? Has work gotten any better?

I had planned on getting to bed early last evening but DS #2 worked later than he was supposed to (9 pm) and ended up closing so he didn't get home until 11:30. I started to get worried because he hadn't called (he's really good about this) and actually had gotten dressed to go out and look for him! He called a little after 11 and told me what had happened. I told him that he needs to let his boss know that if they change his schedule he needs to call and let us know.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #6  

Melissa, Whoops! I noticed that I didn't answer your question. The spa party is by Beauticontrol. The consultant comes to the house with everything and does the pampering. I'm looking forward to it. I hope you get your walk in.

I'm with you re: DS and working late. That's pretty late for a high schooler to be getting home. Where does he work? That must have been scary for you. One time DH did that. He is usually home NLT 7:40 PM. Well it was 8 PM and he wasn't home. I got in my car and went looking for him. Then I realized that he was going to some meeting after work and I had totally forgotten. Duh!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #7  

Lisa: I actually use a lot of the Beauticontrol products. A friend introduced me to the line about 6 years ago and I've used the skin care and had great results. Have you been to one of their spa parties before? I love the hand scrubs and the microdermabrasion is really nice.

I need to check to see if DS is permitted to work that late on a school night--I wasn't happy about it especially with him having to get up early for school. I thought there were guidelines but I'll have to check and see.

I did get a short walk in over the lunch hour and it felt good to be outside. I don't think I'll be able to do that the rest of the week unless I go to the Wellness Center.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hi gals. Sorry I haven't been on much. Work is still very busy, and to top that off today I am feeling sick Sore throat, and my skin aches. I hope that I get over this quickly. I will try to update you more tomorrow and catch up with all the posts.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #9  
run4change

S/C/G: 307.6/184/196

I would never have those things in my house. I would most certainly eat them before I even got home and if they weren't finished, I would stop somewhere and finish them.

I do the crunch 'em up, then I put water in the bag, and then I throw them in the garbage. I have been known to go back to the garbage before. HAHA
run4change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #10  

Melissa, I'm so glad to hear about BeautiControl products. I'm not familiar with them at all. I've never been to a spa party, so it should be fun. There probably are rules about high schoolers working.

Lori, So sorry you're ill; the stress at work probably isn't helping.

run4change I don't think I ever went back in the trash, but I wouldn't put it past me... What kind of work do you do?

Pam, How are you? I hope your job is still secure; I know that your work was having layoffs.

I had another OP day yesterday and so far today I'm doing well. It's tough though. We had staff meeting yesterday and there were some people with service anniversaries--huge chocolate cake with whipped cream frosting. I didn't eat any!

Well, Super Bowl is coming up on Sunday. DH and I are going over our friends' home (because they have a 52" plasma--much better than our 27" old TV--LOL) My GF and I were talking about what we could eat. We decided instead of dinner, we would have heavy hors d'oeuvres. Her DH and my DH like wings, so he'll have them. I don't care for them. We will also have shrimp, veggies and dip, chips and salsa. I wish I could think of a low point dessert or other low point snacks. Anyone have ideas?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:26 PM   #11  

Hello Everyone,

I'm working from home today due to the weather. It's been snowing since 4 am and we already have close to 6 inches on the ground. The snow should continue through this evening so when all is said and done we should have about a foot. Things are still pretty hectic at work. I do think my job is secure and hopefully no more layoffs.

Lisa I'm not familiar with Beauticontrol but your spa party sounds like a lot of fun. So who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl? I think I would try to stick to the veggies and a low fat dip also shrimp would be a good choice. If you are looking for a low fat dessert try making the No Pudge Brownies with a little fat free cool whip. They are awesome.

Melissa that was inconsiderate of your sons boss to ask him to work that late. You must have been very worried. The company I work for (supermarkert chain) does not let children under the age of 18 work later than 9:00. Glad you got your walk in yesterday. The weather here is also going to be pretty bad (cold and snowY) through Friday.

Lori I hope your feeling better and can get some rest. Take care of yourself.

Run4change You had a very active weekend. That's great. Stay away from the Kettle Chips...they are evil

Well since I am suppose to be working from home I should try and get some work done. Hope you're all having a good Wednesday...talk to you tomorrow.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #12  

Pam, That is a lot of snow. I don't envy you, although I would like to work from home. There are some people who can work from home, but it's not commonplace at my company. Yes, the Nopudge brownies are good. I don't know who to root for in the Super Bowl. Pittsburgh is near my home town, but Phoenix is the underdog and I like Kurt Warner. Who are you rooting for?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #13  

Good morning! We ended up with almost a foot of snow yesterday! Talk about white knuckle driving. The roads are still bad this morning because the plows haven't been able to get to the side streets. I got stuck turning a corner towards my office I'm so tired of winter and we have a lot to go yet! Our total so far is over 122" for the season and they're thinking we're going to break the record of 149"! The way we're going we'll do it.

Lisa: The products are good--I use the skin care and their makeup and love it. I thought my son couldn't work late on school nights but I'm not sure. The No Pudge Brownies are good and easy to make. Lisa, I have a shrimp spread and a chicken dip that are good with crackers. I can post them if you want.

Pam: I really think my son was afraid to ask to make a call because it was his first day at work. He knows he needs to let me know if he's working late--I made that REAL clear. Did you get dumped on with the snow? We are supposed to be getting more and hopefully not as much at one time!

Run4Change: I chuckled when I read your post. I've been known to throw things in the garbage and bury it so I can't "see" it. On a another note, chocolate is not my vice and when I was going through some containers that I had in the cupboard I came across a canister that had a couple bags of mini chocolate pieces.

Lori: I hope you're feeling better. Our area is getting hit with a stomach flu--my son was laid flat with it the last 2 days. We're gearing up at work.

I'll be rooting for the Cardinals as they are the underdogs even though I'm not that far from Pittsburgh. I'll make a few snacks but nothing major. DH will most likely head to bed early because he has to go to work at such an early hour (4 am) and DS is working.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #14  

Melissa, Well, you beat me to the punch. I was going to ask you which Beauticontrol products are good. How is their facial cleanser? Sorry about DS having the flu. I hope it stays away from me.

Your snowfall amounts have been unbelievable. How awful.

You may have posted the shrimp dip before, but if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see it again. I'll probably root for the Cardinals too.

I wish I didn't have a weakness for chocolate. We received so much as gifts this year, so DH and I hid it.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #15  

Lisa, I use their Platinum line for my face care; in the summer I use the Skinlogics Gold because my face tends to be a little oily. I know they have sample sizes, which I use for travel. My face doesn't get dried out with their products and I know a number of people with allergies that can use their products with no problem. They have an awesome lip balm with a SPF of 20.

Here's the recipe:

I don't shape the spread in a ball but rather put it in a nice dish and serve it with some crackers and cocktail sauce.

SHRIMP DIP
24 Servings at 1 POINT per serving.

2 Cans Tiny Deveined Shrimp
1 8 oz. package Light Cream Cheese
1 8 oz. package Fat Free Cream Cheese
1 Tblsp Horseradish
1/4 cup chopped onion

Drain and rinse shrimp and soften cream cheese. Combine all ingredients and shape into ball and refrigerate. Serve with a side of cocktail sauce.