Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 10:28 PM   #1  

Default Your success and how you get there

since the board is rather slow, i thought i'd ask everyone what motivates them and enables them to stay on program.

my friend is getting fed up with her weight, so i'll probably pass your ideas on to her.

1. i feel good when i exercise
2. i have stamina to walk up the hills on campus
3. hummus and pitas taste really good
4. i feel more attractive when i eat well and exercise
5. i have more energy overall

Last edited by trixiepup; 05-17-2002 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:49 PM   #2  

1. I love the buzz I get from exercising.
2. I feel better about myself and more attractive when I take care of myself.
3. I'm not so afraid of my genetic history.
4. I'm happier, and my husband notices and plays with me more.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:20 AM   #3  
I wish I was a catfish

I like this...it makes me think really hard about what makes this time different than the rest...

1. EXERCISE - this is about my only release from everything else, I feel less stressed and more energized. On days when I feel really tired or down, it makes me feel really good emotiionally and physically.

2. COMPLIMENTS - man, I've been getting a lot of compliments lately and I love it.

3. LOOSE CLOTHES - when I pulled out all my summer clothes they were loose, I LOVE that!

4. I get to cook all kinds of neat recipies that are point-friendly!
Old 05-15-2002, 10:28 AM   #4  

neat thread ...

1. Shopping, shopping, shopping ... oh yeah ... used to hate it, and no wonder, as size 24 was getting tight and it was sooo hard to find anything that looked ok and didn't cost a fortune. Shopping at size 10 is a whole different world. Cheaper. More selection, so I can be picky.
2. Taking long walks at dawn with my dh (who is now losing wt too!) brings us closer ...
3. My house is neater because I don't mind climbing the stairs to put stuff away, bending down to pick up towels, etc.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:09 PM   #5  

Height: 6'0"

Agree--neat thread.

Janet Mae--I'm impressed by your weight loss--you go, girl.

Exercising gets me through the day and keeps my immune system up (I'm rarely sick).
I love wearing smaller sizes.
I don't have that "stuffed" feeling.
I have more energy.

Old 05-17-2002, 05:25 PM   #6  

Default What keeps me going?

IExercise with the help of God, is what caused me to drop 95 pounds, so I want to keep this weight and feeling of acomplishment..

I feel better about me.
Old 05-19-2002, 01:40 PM   #7  

Talking KEEPING UP WITH GRANDKIDS

AFTER 17 MONTHS ON WW,AND 75 LBS. GONE FOREVER,I FIND CLEANING OUT MY CLOSET,EXCITING! I'VE GIVEN AWAY 15 SHIRTS, 9 PR. PANTS AND 5 DRESSES. ALL THE SMALLER CLOTHES I BOUGHT ARE GETTING LOOSE,AND I NEED TO DO A MAJOR "TRY-ON" SPREE.I FEEL MUCH BETTER,MORE ENERGY AND I DON'T GIVE UP WHEN I HAVE A SLIGHT GAIN OR A PLATEAU. I'M HERE FOR THE "LONG-HAUL"

SUE

starting weight 344
current:269
goal :180
Old 05-21-2002, 07:40 AM   #8  

What keeps me going? Well, in Sept. my daughter and I are going to NYC and walking everywhere. Want to wear cute clothes and have the energy to keep up and have a great time.
Then, in February 2003,am going to Maui for 10 days-need I say more on that one?
All kidding aside, I walk everyday during lunch and when I come back, am a better person and am able to handle the rest of my day. Exercise does wonders so does watching the scale go down instead of up.
-debbie
Old 05-21-2002, 12:13 PM   #9  

Great question--it always comes up, since what I usually do is maintain, even though I'm sloooowly working my way back into the 130's

So why keep doing it, even if I slip up half the time and am losing maybe a pound every six weeks?

At least I'm not gaining it all back

Even if I eat too much to lose weight, my cholesterol's lower, my cardiovascular health is better, and my general health is improved.

I think before I eat, which means I care more about what I put into my body, and because I'm taking care of myself I feel better about myself.

Every day on program is a victory, and I need all the victories I can get.

Lenore
160/135/145.5
Old 05-31-2002, 10:48 PM   #10  

OK, this will sound strange, but this motivates me: In my mind I picture my butt...past, present and future. My past butt was high and tight... my present butt is low and sloppy....my future butt will never be high and tight again, but I'm looking forward to not being able to set a glass on it when I walk.... Does this sound like the rantings of a madwoman?????
Old 06-01-2002, 11:12 PM   #11  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

What keeps me going changes all the time.. the point is I keep going

My dh has had problems with high blood pressure.. my motivation is to get him off those pricey drugs!! We are both doing the plan together.

Sounds simple.. but..
Save money by getting dh off meds so I can buy skinny clothes..

This is just one of many things...
most importantly - I just want to be a healthy, slim and energentic woman!!!

Dana
235/224/212 10% mini goal
Old 06-02-2002, 10:37 PM   #12  

I'll tell you, the main thing that got me started on WW is my children. First, I see the pain in their faces when the kids tease them about their fat mamma. I want to be a normal size for their sake. I also want to be alive for them. I'm 43 and have two elementary school kids. I'd like to be around when their kids are born.

I also look at my mom and don't want to be like her. She is overweight and is sick constantly. She can't ever go anyplace because her health won't permit it. I just don't want to live that way.
Closed Thread