Old 01-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

I am SO glad it's Friday! We're getting more snow as I write this and last night we got about 6". I had to shovel the end of the driveway in order to get out this morning because the snow plows had come through and I had that heavy stuff at the bottom. Tomorrow we could see another 9" and then a strong cold front is due to hit us with temps in the teens and possibly lower. At least tomorrow I can stay home!

Lisa: My hands are coming along. My left hand is still a little "numb" and my fingers are still a little swollen. I was able to get my wedding ring back on and by the end of the day I can slide it off but first thing in the morning it's pretty tight. I still don't have the strength in my hands but it's getting there. It's frustrating at times. My girlfriend from FL sent me some grapefruits--yum! There's nothing like a fresh grapefruit from FL when it's snowy outside.

Pam: I'm sure the storms that are hitting us are most likely heading your way. I'm already tired of winter and it's just begun!

Lori: When is your next doctor's appointment? I was pretty lucky with both of my pregnancies and only gained 22/23#. Every body is different though when it comes to weight gain. How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

It's quiet here today for the time being--classes start back on Monday so the campus will be busy. I miss the kids when they're not here.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #17  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, You are getting a lot of snow. Hope it's not too cold. Yes, good thing you are home tomorrow. I guess it will take time for your hands to totally heal.

I finally broke down and went to the doctor about this stupid cold. It's now 10 or 11 days and I just couldn't get totally well. I'm a lot better, but not all there. I have bronchitis and was wheezing, so he gave me an antibiotic and an inhaler (never had one of those).
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #18  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I had a scare last night - I woke up with an allergic reaction. Luckily, a dose of Benadryl got it to stop and I didn't have to go to the hospital. I didn't know if I could use my EpiPen or not. I had an appointment with my OB today and we discussed that. She said next time to take the EpiPen and immediately go to the hospital even if I start feeling better so that they can check on Phoebe. Basically if I start having breathing problems, she can not be getting enough oxygen. Scary

To end in good news, I got my latest remission test results and they are still NEGATIVE!!!!

Oh and the doc didn't say anything about my weight. I didn't ask either, since she and I had discussed that at the beginning of the pregnancy and she said she would only mention it if she thought something needed to be done about it.

Melissa - Glad to hear your hands are getting better!

Lisa - Gald you went to the doc! Bronchitis can be horrible I have a fast-acting inhaler that I need for my asthma, but basically I need it when I am exercising and when I have allergic reactions (like the one last night) becuase I have anaphylactic problems when I have allergic reactions.

PS check it out, I'm in MONTH 6 now! I can't believe it hehe.

Last edited by modkittn; 01-09-2009 at 03:01 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote