Old 12-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Default Weekly Topic Discussion #8

Hello everyone! Welcome to this week's discussion!

This is for anyone who wants to contribute. If you have something to say, large or small, share it with the rest of us! It benefits everyone.

(Note: Sorry this is a couple days late, I had no power!)

This week's topic: The New System Introduction!

Since the new system "Momentum" has been explained online & in meetings I won't go into any details here, suffice to say things are changing somewhat!

My question this week is: What do you think of the changes so far? Are you trying to follow the newer program already? Going to make changes over time? Or going to stick with what you're doing now?

Let's discuss!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

I joined WW Online yesterday, and am still wading through all the info. So far, so good, though. Doesn't seem to me that much as changed, and the changes they did make seem to be good ones.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

I'm happy with the changes I've seen so far. The introduction to Flex members of "Filling Foods" is long overdue. I know we can still chose to eat what we want, but the majority should be good nutritious, filling foods.

I'm excited, quite frankly, to see what else is in store. I've been needing a restart, and now is a good time!
Old 12-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I too think the Filling Foods idea is a good thing to add to the Flex program. It is still entirely optional, though - I'd like to see it as maybe a 9th Good Health Guideline, to get #% of your daily points from Filling Foods or something. But I guess the big draw to WW is its flexibility, and setting more rules for people to follow wouldn't do great things for them - and so many don't follow the 8 GHGs anyway (me included!)... So hmm...

Like I said, I do think it's a great idea. I am still a little fuzzy on the 'set points' thing, I need to clear that up with my leader I think... But overall it's a good move. Now, whether or not it'll help me lose weight more than the old program is yet to be seen - I need to consistently stick to plan long enough to find out!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:33 PM   #5  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

I like the new plan. It's really no big change in the way I've been eating though. At our meeting the leader would only talk about the new plan. She said each week she would introduce us to the next step. She didn't even mention set points. My meeting day is on Wednesdays so I'll let you know what we discuss on Thursday.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:46 PM   #6  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

I like the new plan. I went back to meetings to get it. I like the way WW seems to have rethought how to present the plan -- it's more logical to me, not dumping everything on you at once, but spreading it out.

Our leader was adamant that "set points" was something we would not discuss until Week 6. "We'll start with the basics." I liked that, too.

I especially like that it's ONE plan, and no longer Flex vs. Core.

I'm surprised there haven't been more newbies here, brought out by the new plan. I know it's a hard tine of year to start a weight loss program, but still, there's curiosity . . . .
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

They'll be in in January, to be certain

Ok - So I'll wait to find out about Set Points. I briefly encountered them on eTools and didn't really get it. So I'll just keep going to meetings and see what they're all about eventually!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Suite - Yeah, I'm a little bitty confuzzled about the SetPoints thing, but I'm looking forward to finally getting the answers in a few weeks.