Old 12-08-2008, 07:05 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Default Weekly Topic Discussion #7

Hello everyone! Welcome to this week's discussion!

This is for anyone who wants to contribute. If you have something to say, large or small, share it with the rest of us! It benefits everyone.

This week's topic: Equipment that keeps you going!

It's the cold holiday season! The question is, what do you have on your wishlist? Is there anything truly for yourself?

You might want to continue adding something that helps you to get more exercise in, especially since it's so difficult during these next few months to get up & get moving!

It could be large.... like a new treadmill, a fancy monthly gym membership, a new work out gadget, a great new pair of running shoes.

It could be small... a water bottle, a new exercise dvd, a new workout shirt or pair of shorts, or to ask for someone to keep clean the space you need to work out at your home.

Any ideas, lads & ladies? What might you ask for this year? And how will it help you when you get it?

Last edited by Lovely; 12-08-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:07 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

A new pair of exercise shoes. A nice new pair, I should say. My old ones are wearing out, and when my feet are comfy like they're being cushioned by clouds I get reluctant to do anything that involves standing.

And a NEW SPORTS BRA! Even more than shoes... I cannot stress how important it is to have a proper one.

I'll feel more at ease with exercising, for sure. And having new things that have a purpose always make me feel motivated to go out and do!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:05 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

As I said in my meeting Saturday, let me be a cautionary tale... I had been noticing something strange going on with my feet and knees while running lately, but chalked it up to poor form and tried to be more mindful of that. A week later, I ran a 5k and did something funky to my left foot and right knee... It's been 10 days since then and I am still trying to get them both back to normal! Point being, I've since realized that both injuries were a direct result of wearing improper shoes... Go get your gait analyzed and fitted for a proper shoe if you plan on doing any exercise that requires you to be on your feet regularly!

Beyond shoes, it's definitely my ipod that helps me get out there and run... It's hard for me to feel motivated when all I have to listen to is my own labored breathing
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #4  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I recently bought a new pair of shoes and was amazed at the difference it made! My iPod is helpful too, I like to be able to listen to a podcast or something and just zone out while I walk.

The next thing on my list is a new sports bra. The ones I have are 5+ years old and since then I've had 3 kids and been nursing for 4+ years, so the girls have changed a bit and need something more supportive now.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:42 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel View Post
..... so the girls have changed a bit and need something more supportive now.
Ain't it the truth!

Faerie - I'm so glad to see you back writing these helpful threads. Thank you.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #6  
Michele

S/C/G: 215/209/130

Height: 5'1"

I have asked for some weights so that I can free weight in my house along with a work out DVD.
moonrosee is offline   Reply With Quote