Old 11-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Nov. 24, 2008

Good afternoon!

I figured I could get the thread up and running this week. I'm feeling so much better! My hand is coming along really well and I've gotten a lot of my feeling back in my fingers and I'm working on getting the strength back in my hand. The incision area is pretty much all healed which is great since it's just 2 weeks! My next surgery is scheduled for December 2nd.

Pam: Have you gotten any snow yet? We've been getting hit quite a bit this year. We have a bit of a break today (39) but from what I've heard another storm is heading our way tomorrow through Wednesday.

So does everyone have plans for Thanksgiving? I'm looking forward to being off for the holiday. We won't be able to bring my dad home for Thanksgiving...he's way too unstable. I talked with the nurse last night because he fell again and she said it wouldn't be a good idea. It's going to be different not having him helping out with the cooking. It's such an emotional roller coaster.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Hi Melissa, How great that your hand is doing so well. Will the second operation be much like that one? Sorry about your dad. It will be difficult knowing that he cannot be with you.

Had a great trip to Atlanta to see a GF and go shopping. I'm basically done with my Christmas shopping, except for little hostess gifts or something like that. I usually get DH something else, too, as I'm out and about.

For Turkey day, DH and I will go to my parents' home in St. Pete. We'll stay there Thursday and Friday. My sister wants to go shopping on Friday.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #3  

Hi Ladies,

I spent the day in Boston with DH for his one year follow up with his neurosurgeon. We got the best news possible, no sign of the the tumor coming back. Phew...we can finally relax a little. The type he had removed last year has a tendency to come back, in most instances within the first year so seeing his MRI and no signs of it at all was fabulous!

I'm on vacation this week and I plan on having a relaxing week. The only project planned is repainting Lauren's bedroom, which shouldn't take too long. Having Thanksgiving at my sister's house, but I did buy a small turkey that I'll be cooking on Friday. DS will be home on Wednesday and will be staying through Sunday so I'll be sending him home with some of the turkey.

Melissa no snow yet, but we're going to get some rain tonight. It was a little warmer here today too. I think it got up into the mid 40's which is a lot warmer than what it has been the past week. I'm glad your hand is feeling so much better. I'm sure your next surgery will go as smoothly as the first.

Lisa glad you enjoyed your trip to Atlanta. I plan on doing some Black Friday shopping with my sister too. I'll be on the lookout for an Ipod for Lauren and a desk top computer.

Well it's only 7:30 but I'm really tired already. I think it will be an early night for me. Hope you all had a great Monday. Talk to you tomorrow.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #4  

Pam, What great news about your DH! And at Thanksgiving--so much to be thankful for. You're lucky to be off. I should take more time off...

I actually wrapped some gifts last night; felt like I had accomplished something. I plan to take my family's gifts with us at Thanksgiving because DH has to work on Christmas Day, so I won't be at their house (in 32 years, one of the few times that has happened). My mother will be cooking on Thanksgiving, but I'll help, of course. I will miss the leftovers though.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:26 AM   #5  

Pam what great news on your DH! Enjoy your time off and relax! I actually enjoy painting and find it relaxing because it's kind of mindless.

Lisa I haven't even started on my shopping...I need to make a list and figure things out. I don't have a bunch of people to shop for.

We'll be cooking a turkey breast at home over the weekend--I like having the leftovers and my DS #2 likes my stuffing so I'll be making a pared down dinner. We're all heading to DS #1's house and that'll be fun. His inlaws will be there and my mom will come with us as well. It'll be fun. I'm making pumpkin pie and sweet potatoes.

Another winter storm watch goes into effect today at 4 pm and will last through tomorrow--there's a possibility we could get 6-8" of snow overnight. I'm hoping it's in the snowbelt area and not the lakeshore!

I'm planning on going to my WW meeting tomorrow--I could use the pep talk. Last night I was on the emotional roller coaster and did some snacking.

On an up note, my friend and I are planning on walking at noon as long as the weather holds out--so far it's just been cloudy. I could use the fresh air!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:52 AM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hello ladies! I need to catch up on the posts! Work has been slow lately. I'm leaving tonight to go to my parents. We will be going to DH's parents' for dinner tomorrow and my parents' for dessert. Then I'll be staying over another night so that I can go shopping early Friday morning with a friend. I might stay up there Friday night too because my mom wants to go visit my great-aunts and I'd like to go too. Busy weekend! I need to start my Christmas crafts as well.
One week until my gender ultrasound, can't wait!!!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:10 AM   #7  

Hi ladies,

I think I'm going to start painting Lauren's room today and then later this afternoon make an apple pie to bring to my sisters house tomorrow. I'm really enjoying this vacation week.

Melissa did you get any snow yesterday? I hope you enjoy the WW meeting today. Yes, emotional eating that is what triggered my 4lb gain last week. Hopefully I'll be able to keep that under control now. I signed up for another Pilates class that starts in January. I'm really going to up my exercise in 2009. Have a great time at your DS's house tomorrow!

Lisa I think I'm going to try and do a little wrapping and putting together a couple of Christmas gift bags this weekend. I hate waiting to the last minute to do those things.

Lori You have a busy holiday weekend planned. My sister and I have still not put together our plan for Black Friday. We'll have to work on that tomorrow. I bet you can't wait to find out the baby's gender. How exciting!

Well ladies hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving, talk to you soon.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #8  

Good morning!

No snow...I was surprised because they had put up the winter storm warning...it was warm when I came into work this morning (39) but the temp has dropped a little (36) and it's been windy.

I'm not going to be able to go to my meeting today--we had issues with DH's car this morning. DS #2 was going to drive that into school since he is getting out early and needs to go for his allergy shots. The car wouldn't start this morning so everything had to be shifted. I'm going to try and get to a meeting on Friday morning because I'll be out of commission again next week.

I'm fighting a sinus headache this morning--the temps really need to stay cold or warm...the changes are wreaking havoc. I had a sore throat from the drip and am hoping it doesn't get any worse so that I can still have my surgery on Tuesday.

Pam/Lori: Have fun shopping on Friday...I usually avoid the stores because I'm not real crazy about crowds of people.

It's quiet here in the office today--most everyone took the day off so the campus is like a ghost town.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #9  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! I just had to come here and share really quick - latest remission test is STILL NEGATIVE!!!!!!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #10  

Congratulations, Lori!!! That's great news!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #11  

Pam, What's up with the painting. My GF said she is painting one of her bathrooms and my boss said she is painting her bathrooms. I feel like I should be doing something. Sorry about the gain, Pam, but upping your activity should help. I really like pilates and yoga. I hope to be in a yoga class soon, but my play rehearsals are at night, so that makes it difficult.

Lori, Hooray for your test results and I'll be you can't wait to find out if the baby's a boy or girl. You have a very busy weekend planned.

Melissa, Oooh, going to WI on the day after Thanksgiving would be verrrry bad for me. ; 0 My GF is having terrible problems with her sinuses also. I'm glad you didn't get any more snow.

I'll be shopping with my sister on Friday, but as I said earlier, most of my shopping is done, so I'll just be picking up odds and ends. Sunday is the Space Coast Marathon. DH will be running/walking it this year and I'm kicking it off singing the National Anthem. Other than that, I'll be cleaning the house and putting away my fall decor. Time for Christmas.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving ladies.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #12  

Good afternoon ladies! I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. The weather held out for us and the snow never materialized so that was good. This morning it's been a mix of rain and snow--enough to make for a dreary day. I slept in until 9:30 which is late for me. My sinuses are really giving me some trouble. I'm hoping it clears up soon!

No Black Friday shopping expeditions for me--DS #1 and #2 went out this morning; I'm anxious to hear how it went for them.

I'm working at WW tonight and am looking forward to seeing the Friday members--I haven't been working because the attendance has been down quite a bit but the last few weeks they've seen an increase and I'm able to work.

No major plans for the weekend--need to work on getting things organized/cleaned up.