Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 02:58 PM   #31  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It turns out that AF came like a vengence on Sunday night, which explains a lot...LOL.....

But thank you for all of your support. I stayed OP yesterday- even banked a couple! Today is looking better too.

Thanks again!!!!!

Dana- congrats on your loss!!!!! I'm just finishing my first week too (WI tomorrow) and I hope I lose as much as you did!! Good job!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Tuesday!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2002, 11:37 AM   #32  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Talking WI TODAY!!!!!!!

I LOST 6.5 pounds!!!!!!!!!!! Even with terrible Chinese night!!!!!!!!

WHOO HOO!!!!
Old 05-01-2002, 12:38 PM   #33  

Smile Gold Stars for Freedom&Light!

Happy, happy weight loss to you, happy, happy weight loss to you, HAPPY 6.5 lb. weight LOSS, dear Freedom&Light, HAPPY WEIGHT LOSS to you, and many more!!! What a FANTASTIC week one result! Keep it up!

Where is everybody today?

It's week 3 for me and I'm having a tough time staying OP. I lost weight the first two WI's and now I am choosing (it feels like I have no control in the matter, but I know that's not true) to really push the limits of the plan. I didn't fill out my food diary yesterday or today. I'll have to back track tonight and see what I've done. I've also started drinking diet soda again, instead of water or iced tea, and I'm sure that will adversely effect my loss this week too. Woe as me! Maybe not, I'm taking my dog to agility classes, first time, tonight and will be getting some regular exercise there. Should be fun too!

Hello, everybody else,, hope you have blue skies and sunshine today!

Mel
Old 05-01-2002, 10:14 PM   #34  
Slimwithin

YIPPEEEE, Freedom&Light! WAY TO GO!!!

That's a fantastic first week loss. Gosh, I've been praying for a loss like that since I started WW last June but I don't think it's ever gonna happen.
HOWEVER, I DO think I should have a good loss this Friday. (Keeping fingers crossed). I have worked so hard in my garden and I've really worked hard in the swimming pool.
This morning I managed 12 minutes on the recumbant bike at the gym and then put in an active hour in the pool. Came home and had breakfast and then worked out in the garden (again) for three hours. All that bending and stretching has to be doing SOME good, dontcha think?
While I haven't stayed strictly OP I have stayed within my points range. I consider strictly OP to be getting in all the milk they recommend, all the veggies and fruit they recommend and all the water they recommend. Some days I'm a little short on the milk products but I've been good about the veggies and fruit. I also journal faithfully.
Mel, the doggy agility classes sound like fun. Wish I had a dog but DH is not a believer in having dogs in the house and I can't imagine having one any other way so we're at an impasse. Actually, we're not in a very good neighbourhood to have a dog anyhow as our yard isn't fenced and we're close to a major highway. Still, DH works such long hours, it would be nice to have a companion pup. Whenever I see a dog show on TV I have to watch. Just love watching those critters showing off and so eager to please their masters.
Don't worry about pushing the program to the limits. I think that's what we're supposed to do. Don't cheat yourself on food. But, it really, REALLY does help to journal. They used to say at WW "If you bite it, write it" and it's true. Part of the program is learning to be accountable for our actions and writing down every sinful bite is part of the learning process. Sometimes it's a pain and sometimes we want to lie but who the heck are we lying to anyhow? Just ourselves. Might as well be honest and learn from our mistakes.
Slimdown, congratulations on your weight loss. That's a great start.
I'd sure like to know where everybody else has disappeared to. I know J-ann is on a trip but where is Lilac Glitter and some of the others who were here when I started posting here? Did I chase them away?
Old 05-02-2002, 07:03 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default still here!

Still here but I've been so busy that I haven't been writing to ANYBODY. Woke up to the sound of sirens this morning -- finally figured out, groggy as I was, that it must be a tornado warning! Turns out the funnel cloud was sighted quite a bit south of me but things were exciting for a few minutes while I tried to figure things out.

Submitted my audition tape of yesterday's Montel show -- my translation rate was 99.99% ... gee, teach, think that's good enough? (laughing) I'm pretty sure that will qualify me unless the camp has already filled up -- shouldn't have left it so long (deadline is tomorrow) but I was having mega problems with VCR and couldn't record and I'm always gone during the daytime shows (which tend to be slower than evening broadcasts.) But I need to record Regis, Montel, Oprah, etc., during the day and come home and practice every day. Can't BELIEVE after 25+ years of pounding on that machine I'm back to doing finger exercises and warming up

Haven't been doing great with food, to be honest ... getting low on fruits and vegies and eating too many carbs as a result. Must go shopping and replenish. Will try to do that tonight after work ...
Donna
Old 05-02-2002, 10:38 AM   #36  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default Freedom & Light

wow! what a weight lose! 6.5 lbs.. that is soooo amazing!!
I bet that made you feel really motivated for this week!

Things are going well around here.. just trying some different food combos.

The BIG new this week is that my little girl went pee pee on the potty!!!! Last night I went out and bought everything to do up the spare bath - which will be now hers. We did it all in fish! She was sooo excited. This is going to be a lot of work! But I am so looking forward to it when it's done.

visit my dd's home page to see my little cutie pie. www.digitalsara.com I am so proud of her

So who do you all think is going to get booted from Survivor tonight?

and what's up with Dr. Green's letter? I love Thursdays!!!

Dana
235/231/212 10% mini goal
Old 05-02-2002, 07:00 PM   #37  

Smile Quick Hello!

Hello, friends!

Just a quickie before I go pick up DH and the doggies for a trip to PetsMart.

LindaBC, I've got my fingers crossed for your WI tomorrow. With all your exercising and staying w/in points, I'm guessing you are going to be a happy camper! I do hope so. Big losses are so gratifying, but after this week (and going off program in a big way yesterday) I'm be thrilled if I lose any tomorrow and don't, gulp, gain. (Keep your fingers crossed for me too!) BTW, have you thought about a cat? We have two and they are lovely companions and easy to keep as indoor pets.

Donna, Congratulations on your audition tape! You can't get much better than that!!! Will you actually doing closed captioning for TV shows? Can you get me tickets to Oprah? Thank goodness the tornado passed you by! This weather has been freaky all over the country! We were up to 98 today!

Dana, My DH won't let me watch Survivor (he controls the remote!). I loved the first season. Thanks for the web site address, our little girl is adorable! You must be sooooooo proud of her. Her new bathroom sounds so cute. BTW, where are the photos of Mom?

Hello to everybody else too! We can make it happen!

Mel
Old 05-02-2002, 07:02 PM   #38  

Default Whoops!

Dana,

P.S. I meant YOUR little girl is adorable. (I guess that was just wishful thinking!)
Old 05-02-2002, 08:00 PM   #39  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default Thanks Meanerney

Yes.. Sara is a cutie pie

I had my first "garden burger" tonight - not bad... 3 point burger (1 point bun) - very filling too. I cooked it on my NEW George Foreman Grill - I was so excited when I saw the UPS guy today Got to love amazon!

Donna.. fill me in on this whole Montel - audition tape.. feeling kind of blonde on the subject

Meanernery.. I will get a picture of Moi soon Best wishes on the WI.

chat more after survivor.. it's on now
Old 05-03-2002, 04:49 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default captioning education

Ahem ... (clearing throat, assuming professorial stance)

Basically, the Montel audition tape is so I can quality to attend a three-day boot camp this summer to learn, hands-on, the nuts and bolts of broadcast captioning. There is additional software that is used (in additional to the regular court reporting software) that basically enables me to take my steno notes from a live broadcast and transmit them back to the company that would employ me. There they would be combiined with the television signal and beamed out for the world to see. My understanding is that I would receive it approximately 3-4 seconds before everyone else, and that I would be using phone lines as opposed to a satellite, but that's about as far as my understanding goes. That's why I need the boot camp! These folks are all very close-mouthed about the nitty-gritty information ... I wouldn't be surprised if I were asked to sign an agreement not to reveal certain proprietary information.

Technically this is called "open captioning." Closed captioning is when a tape has been produced WITHOUT captioning and we are asked to caption it after the fact and insert the captions onto the tape. I know some people who have done it and they say it's VERY dull work but it might keep me going during the summer ...

More than you wanted to know?
Donna
Old 05-03-2002, 04:35 PM   #41  

Angry

Howdy, Friends

WI is tonight and I warned DH that I probably won't do so well this week and he was very encouraging, told me not to let a slip up give me an excuse to quit! He knows me pretty well. Come heaven or high water, I'm keeping my diary and staying OP next week. Getting off program makes me sorry for myself and I'd rather have FUN!

Dana, I love veggie burgers too -- gardenburgers, better 'n burgers, lots of good choices in freezer section. You'll really enjoy your George Forman grill! I love mine and now that you've mentioned it, I'm going to get it out again. It's great for fat free turkey dogs, chicken tenders, veggies and, I just realized, program grilled cheese (use PAM, lite bread, and reduced fat cheese...yeah, that's the ticket! )

Donna, I've very interested in your work with open captioning! Did you do court reporting before? I've been thinking about court reporting as an option for part time retirement work. (It's 8 years away, but never helps to plan ahead!) Hope you get to go to the seminar. Thank's for the info!

Where's everybody else? Hope all is well with y'all! Have a FUN OP weekend!

Mel
Old 05-04-2002, 02:13 AM   #42  
Slimwithin

Please do not post here any more. Go to the new 250 thread, and I'll see you there.
Closed Thread