Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 10:51 AM   #16  

Katie, glad the interviews are going so well! Good luck on the two today. Funny you should mention the halfprice candy; my Dad seemed determined to buy some of that yesterday when I took him to the grocery, but I finally managed to distract him. I knew if he brought it home, I'd end up eating it too!

Myra, Katie's right, great choice re: kickboxing over the mtg. Have never tried that; is it high-impact?

Melissa, hope your weather warms up soon. Congrats on the .2 loss!

Lala, thanks for the flylady info; I can sure use some organizing tips! Our papers are also in rubbermaid boxes and such; gotta do some spring cleaning.

Seasaw, thanks; it's a far cry from our trips to Mexico in the old days, when we'd have all those enchiladas, chips, market margaritas, etc. (I shudder to think what those points were; those huge margaritas were probably 12 points each!) Now I try to enjoy all the non-food-related stuff more, like shopping, being with friends, swimming, enjoying the flowers and people-watching.

Bought some tomato plants, portulaca, salvia, and geraniums yesterday, so will be planting this afternoon. (Also seeds for squash, dill and green beans.) We're having a cool snap (60's, 70's) that's unusual for April, but lovely; I need to enjoy it while I can! (Kena, when your tomatoes are producing like crazy, ours will be burned to a crisp!)
ttyl,
Jan
Old 04-04-2002, 11:32 AM   #17  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Re: Kickboxing. It is pretty high impact. It really revs you up. Burns a lot of calories and really works you legs/butt area as well as upper body. It is truly a whole body workout. I really love it. It is great from getting out frustration as well. You just kick and punch it away. Check it out sometime.
Old 04-04-2002, 02:21 PM   #18  
si, si signora

Hi everyone-

Its going to be outstanding today! 60 degrees! whoo hoo.

kt- I am rooting for you- you'll get a new position soon. As for the hershey's eggs, yup, I know them. My downfall has been the foil wrapped nestles eggs. We filled 50 eggs with candy for our easter egg hunt and a few of those fell out. mmmm.

I refrained from buying anymore candy this year. Why????

Because as DP and I are on a flylady kick (she doesn't know it - I unearthed something like 10 lbs of chocolate and candy (good stuff- french, italian and belgian) that she continues to buy and not eat. Yikes. She is going to have to foist it off on her work mates, the good french stuff (45-50 bucks a lb) can stay at home though.

What to do???? We could buy a small luxury automobile for the money invested in wine and choc. around our house.

Janet- Today DP is going to our ppatch and do some weeding. Our artichokes look pretty buff and the chard made it over the winter. I have some brussel sprouts, sorrel, peas and greens to plant too and bags of glads. I love glads and we put them on the edge so they are out of the way.

Well, I'm not sure about my yoga class. I felt today like I was being picked on. The guy is the director and known as the yoga-****. I appreciate being corrected, I just hate being singled out.

sigh.

so, everyone else, I hope you are well. I'm less sore today, but some of the rotated half-moon poses we did today I'm going to feel later.

lala
Closed Thread