Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 10:41 AM   #1  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Smile Cheese pretzels.....YUMMY!!!

My leader just told me of a great snack item. Its a type of pretzel that is "sandblasted" with a cheddar cheese coating. I say sandblasted because it is not a powder that comes off onto your fingers....but they are soooo good!!The package says...made with Kraft Sharp cheese, a serving for 22 pretzels are only 110 calories and 2 pts!!! They also have a honey mustard kind...also reccomended by my leader. These are made by "Rold Gold" brand, and are close on the shelf to the nugget types. Don't be fooled though.....the nugget ones are much higher in fat content. These are fantastic!!! Try them!!
Old 03-06-2002, 11:24 AM   #2  
Blondie34

They sound good how is the salt content ? I have to watch that now thanks

Old 03-06-2002, 03:57 PM   #3  
soon to be goddess

Post I ran and got the label.....

Hi. In answer to your sodium question.......here is the stats:

1 serving = 22 pretzels= 2 pts
110 calories
1 gr fat
0 cholesteral
1 gr fibre
3 gr protein
370 mg sodium

How does that measure up sodium wise? I'm not really aware of the sodium daily maximum. Please advise. I would really hate to cut these out of my "legal snacks" as they are sooo good!
Old 03-06-2002, 10:48 PM   #4  

These sound good...
My doctor said not to worry about sodium, unless you have high blood pressure. He also said if i'm going to be eating frozen entrees, or other salty items to be sure and drink 64 - 72 oz of water daily...
Old 03-07-2002, 09:31 PM   #5  
Blondie34

I developed high blood pressure this year after having an upper respiratory infection and the dr. prescribed decongestant's so I am watching and that seemed like a lot of salt for me but if it's not a problem for you it's ok thanks for the tip about the water I love water and have no trouble drinking that much water

Old 03-15-2002, 03:13 PM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Those pretzels are awesome. They have a little bite to them that make them quite tasety!!!
Old 03-17-2002, 10:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/135/152

Height: 5'4"

Default sodium intake

The maximum amount of sodium recommended for healthy adults is 2500 milligrams a day. One 12 oz v-8 juice has 780 mgs of sodium.

The average can of soda has about 20-35 mgs. depending on flavor. Most frozen meals have severl hundred mgs. of salt.

So, you really should be careful, whether or not you were diagnosed with high blood pressure. The salt has an impact on every aspect of your health. The blood pressure can be the least of them.

Take care, and watch your salt intake in general.

Drink more water on high salt days, and some fruits and vegetables, because of their high potassium levels aid you in gettin rid of the extra sodium: e.g., oranges, orange juice; broccoli; baked potatoes, bananas, zucchini.

BE WELL. E.
Old 03-19-2002, 04:28 PM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Sodium can be a bad thing, but if you don't have high blood pressure and are not over doing the sodium every day, you will be fine!

Any canned or processed food is going to be high in sodium. Also remember that the nutrition label is PER SERVING. So if a can is 2 servings, beware!!!
Old 03-21-2002, 11:25 AM   #9  

Angry

Angel Eyes... what brand of pretzels are these? I may have to add them to my shopping list the next time I visit the US. I don't think they have them here in Canada.

Christine
Old 03-21-2002, 11:02 PM   #10  
soon to be goddess

Wink these are sooo good!!

Hi Little Engine. I read and replied to another post of yours about your daytrips to the states. These pretzels are by "Rold Gold" (a popular brand) but you're probably right, they aren't available in Canada yet. They come in two flavours, Kraft Sharp Cheese and Honey Mustard. Like I said before, the cheese flavour is not a powdery finish, but a hardened coating. Truly very yummy!! We've only been here in the States for 4 months now and the product selection is fantastic. I've suggested more products for your next trip on your last post, but I think you had already left before reading it. Have you tried the "Oscar Myer" quick cook bacon yet? Again, not sure if available in Canada. You buy this is the deli pkg section, and 3 (thinly sliced) strips of REAL 100% BACON, is only 2 pts. And best of all, is precooked....and only takes 20 seconds to cook in the microwave. Again....very thin, but at least its BACON!!! Hope you can find these.
Closed Thread