Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 09:35 AM   #1  

Wink Planning a treat for moi'

Here's the scoop. I have started walking for 30 minutes on my treadmill every night at 7:00. I just turn on Seinfeld and walk while watching the show! I have also dusted off my Oxycise tape and have been doing that as well. I feel great! Of course, I'm eating healthy, which just adds to my feeling of well-being.

Anyway, my husband, son and I are going on a youth group ski retreat this weekend. We are leaving Friday and coming back Sunday. Since I've been so good I thought I'd get me some of that new kind of pizza at Pizza Hut. I will be home by myself Friday afternoon and thought I could just relax and have some yummy pizza, then feed it to they guys when they come home before we leave. I have been looking forward to doing this for a couple of weeks now. But guess what? Since I'm doing so well I don't seem to have a burning desire for the pizza! And I'm WILD about pizza! Go figure, huh?

One trick I've learned is to tell myself I can eat what I want to, but I just can't eat it when I first start craving it. (unless it's a salad!!) Like last night. I wanted a bowl of cereal for an evening snack. I told myself I'd have a bowl, but I would wait for at least 45 minutes until I folded some laundry, etc. Then when the 45 minutes was up I really didn't feel like it anymore. I ended up going to bed with no snack in my tummy! Sometimes just knowing you can have somethig takes away the burning desire!

Just one little trick I've learned. One more thing. I bought a pack of that new Listerine mouth freshner that is a little strip you put on your tongue. It's pretty strong and refreshing. One other benefit . . . Once you use it, most foods don't taste that great until it wears off, which takes a while! Hey, it works for me!

Have a great day, sorry to ramble, but I'm on an "endorphin high" today!!

Bonnie
Old 02-16-2002, 03:38 AM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Some great ideas!

I have done the one on waiting before and it does work great!
Closed Thread