Old 01-21-2008, 04:19 AM   #1  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

Default Weight Watchers..newbie..but oldie..lol

Hey everyone! I decided to make a change in my life and hop on the weight watchers bus! Let me tell you a little about myself. I am a 24 year old college student..i will be graduating May 15=) Which i am really excited about. I have started and quit so many different diets in my adult life but am ready for a real change, so I chose weight watchers. Years ago, one of my friends asked me to join with her, but i didn't really want to, and after 2 weeks I was done. Excuse after excuse...im sure you know how it goes. This past week, I had a epiphany when i was driving home, i had been wanting a change in my life for months with structure that wasnt going to change everything that i did in my daily life, something that held me accountable everyday. The only thing that came to mind was weight watchers. I remember it being pretty easy to follow, that my life didnt change that MUCH, but i made better choices. After class, i drove straight to a meeting. It was all i could think about.

Making the first step towards change is the hardest.

Walking into that building was so hard. At first i sat in the parking lot just looking at the sign thinking to myself, why arent you getting out, the meeting is going to start soon. So i got out, signed up for the monthly pass and went to the meeting.

My leader talked about why people quit diets. Why weight watchers was different and the reason Why people stopped going to meetings. Why people go to weight watchers after they quit. It really touched home. I really almost cried in the middle of the meeting, because everything she said, i had went through.

Weight watchers isnt a diet, its a change of life...its better choices!

It has been 3 days. I have followed the plan, and havent used any of my extra points. My boyfriends mother made chili tonight and i asked her for her recipe so i could see how many points a serving was...lol. I am feeling better because im not eating so much greasy fried foods. I have decided to follow it to a T for 90 days and track my results. I know its going to work out for me and ill probably stick with WW til i hit my goal. At my weigh in, i weighed 231.8, My 10% goal is 23 pounds. My long term, life time maitenence goal is to weigh 140. 90 pounds to lose...but i know its do-able!

Anyway, just want to tell you all HELLO!! I hope to stay on this forum for a while..and share all my successes, and hear of all yours=) We can do it together

-Court

p.s. im on the flex plan=) and i get 32 points a day
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

WELCOME!!! I signed up on Sunday, WE CAN DO THIS!!!
tichi80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Court, Modktn, and Tichi. I am so happy to have all of you here with us. Good success to each of you.

Court, thank you for sharing your meeting experience with us. I have empathy with you for sure.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote