Old 01-14-2008, 07:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/324.4/150

Height: 5'6

Default Anyone going it alone???

I've done WW in the past and I have all of my materials, but can't afford to pay the membership fees and such. I'm going to try and follow the plan w/o going to the meetings. Is anyone else do this??

Thanks,
Becky
jbwiklanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #2  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

Your post caught my eye because the meetings was the thing that kept me away from WW -- I love WW online though - it's how I ended up here.

If calorie counting hadnt worked out so well for me I would have def done the online WW membership - I know (because I am doing it) that you can subscribe to WW emails, updates and read the message boards at no charge(but not post) along with the people here at 3fc doing WW. All the best!

Last edited by valpal23; 01-14-2008 at 07:23 PM.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #3  

Yes I am doing the same thing. I just hope it works. I have 60 lbs to lose. I am down 5 for this week, but I started walking and I haven't dropped a pound. I am getting very sad about this but I am not giving up. This time around I am not telling myself I am on a diet, I am just learning to eat right for the rest of my life.
bonnie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

i'm doing the same thing. i did ww in the past and have all the materials. when i was a member i didn't really attend the meetings very often. my co-workers and i are working on a "great in '08" plan and encourage each other everyday to make healthy choices and to get our bodies in motion. so i have them for support and i found this website, which i absolutely love! i have been doing ww for almost 2 weeks now on my own and i am down 9 pounds.
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/220/199

Height: 5'7"

I did WW a couple of years ago for the second time and went it alone. It worked for me for a couple of weeks, but then the accountability piece was missing, and I also wasn't "scared" of weigh-ins I think part of it was I had to scare myself into actually eating healthy, which was a problem in it's own.

So, my advice is that it works... just stick to it! You can do it!!
piratexsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:01 PM   #6  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Hi all,

I wasn't planning on posting tonight since I just started today but what the heck? I did WW three years ago and I loved it until I hit a plateau. I was just following the Flex Plan and not exercising at all. I lost about 10 pounds but sadly became discouraged and (sadly, again) gained it back. I have been battling the same 30 pounds for what seems like forever! I have tried other plans in the past and WW is the only one that is doable and seems to make sense for life. The success stories are so motivating and everyone seems so supportive on this board. When I say that I started today, I have started counting points but am leaning toward doing WW online instead of the meetings. Everyone wish me luck while I work hard to get these pesky, ugly, stubborn 30 pounds to vacate the premisis once and for all! And good luck to all of you, of course!!!
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #7  
weight watching

I restarted again 12/27, and I could have written the first two posts Ten days later -- I don't know why, but I knew I had to go to meetings, and I don't like the meetings. Too many people What drove me back was that, despite at least 8 different scales over the past 10 years, I cannot find one that is even remotely reliable, and I had no idea whether WW was "working." I also wanted the materials. And I guess I wanted, just once, to be successful at this.

Everyone has his or her own road, and there are a lot of people doing WW successfully online. The tools are great, and there's a lot of information there (and here). Try it and see if you like it. If you don't, go back. They recognized me, they laughed when I said this was the 24th time I'd come (at a conservative estimate) and they didn't laugh once
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #8  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

I have kept all the materials in case I wanted to start again and I am so glad I did. One of the reasons I wanted to try online is that I travel and it's not convenient to try to find meetings in other cities. Hopefully, I can give it a go.

I may have a good scale tip for you. My fiance bought ours at Costco and it is very accurate (damn thing!). It's not a digital, it's the big white one with the huge dial in the middle.

Good luck. And good for you for going back for a 24th try. I always say that you only fail when you stop trying.
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Me! (Sort of.) I joined at a meeting for $12 (free registration) and then signed up with eTools for three months for $29.95. I am a member of TOPS ($50 a year) so that I have an official weigh-in. So... technically I'm going it alone at least in the sense that I am not attending Weight Watchers meetings but I am finding support online and in person -- just not paying a fortune for it.
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #10  

I was doing calorie counting ( from end of October through Mid-December) and then switched to weight watchers. I'm also doing it alone... kind of. I'm not going to meetings or paying for it online. My mom is also doing it though so that helps, and my hubby keeps me accountable for weigh-in days.

I live out in the country and we only have one car ( dh has to use it to go to work), so it's just not really possible for me to go to meetings anyways.
lyterae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

Hi, I am also doing WW without the meetings. I have all the materials from when I did it several years ago. I will be weighed at the doctors office every 3 months <his idea lol not mine>. I have a scale but they are way off so I have decided not to weigh except for doctor visits. My motivation is the fact that i am 35 and have a medical record of a 70 year old!! I also have 2 young children 12 and 10 and my 10 year old is disabled. I would like to be here a long time to take care of them.

babybear101
babybear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

yeeeess, it gets lonely sometimes, don't it?
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #13  

I am going to try doing it alone as well due to finances. On Sunday I joined Weight Watchers on-line free trial. I am finding it a little confusing but have been going to websites and/or blogs like this one to help me. It looks like this site might be one that will help me greatly.
fergymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

fergymom one of the biggest things that has helped me is the fact that i attended a few meetings awhile ago at WW. I bought the dinning guides and all the info. So, I can use it all at home without going to the meetings. I know it is hard to try and figure out. Look on ebay and see if you can get the kit for a low price it will be easier to use.

Tina
babybear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/194/150

Height: 5 foot 5

Default To Broke to WW too

I have gone to meetings a few times. But I just can't afford to pay for them now. I have all the info I need to get going again, and I have a ww suport friend to email and call. Plus at work we are having a "Biggest Loser" so I have weigh ins that make me accountable. So really I'm just looking for estra suport and friends here.
wanna be skinny chic is offline   Reply With Quote