Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 09:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of January 28, 2002

Good morning Lifers, Soon-to-be Lifers, and anyone else lurking

Wow, can I just the weather here is incredibly Spring-like. Yesterday we hit around 60 and today is going to be the same. I'm planning on taking advantage of the balmy temps and do some walking over my lunch hour because I know that this will not last!

So, how did everyone's weekend go? I actually had a pretty good one point-wise for a change. Weekends are such a challenge for me and I know they are challenging for others as well.

Anyone care to share what their goals are for the week? day?
Old 01-28-2002, 11:15 AM   #2  

Thought I would drop a line here this morning. Patch hasn't started the 12 week challenge thread yet.

Sure wish I could go for a walk over lunch today! I won't be doing that because it's minus 33 degrees! Brrrrrrrrrrr. No outdoor exercise in this part of the world right now.

My challenge for the week is to keep points below 25. I've been too high lately. It hasn't shown on the scale but it will catch up to me. Also, I must use the treadmill 5 times over the next seven days. I've been good over the last few weeks using the treadmill on average 4 times per week but I want to increase it (to see more results hopefully).

Have a great week everyone!

Kena
Old 01-28-2002, 12:37 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Hi everyone back.

Its been a hard weekend. I did go over a bit in points, didn't exercise on friday and sunday, short of dog walks and moving furniture. I tried to be a peppy and supportive to DP in her move. She finally got some answers to her questions this am via email, so she seems abit better. I sure am going to miss her around here.

So, challenges for the week, stay supportive, try and stay on running training schedule, stay around 25 pts a day w/out counting activity, drink water (my challenge), drink no caffeine and get my homework done for my remote sensing class.

Nothing else planned. Trying to debate another trip, but making it as short and sweet as possible.

Anybody worried about suzanne? Her last updates sound so sad. I love this whole site, not just the message boards.

Okay, you in the balmy northeast enjoy it! We're heading for 25 tonight. kena- gosh, stay warm eh?

The dog, he was that taken with his first snow experience.

lala
Old 01-28-2002, 12:55 PM   #4  
LM

this weekend (after going out to eat for the FOURTH time...) I complained to DH, "I want to be able to eat whatever I want whenever I want however much I want. wah wah wah".

So that about sums it up for my state of mind vis a vis my eating/weighing life.

on the other hand, it is absolutely unseasonable beautiful here, so went out for a walk today at lunch. Gotta get it while the getting is good.

must take Eddie to the vet tomorrow. he seems a little low. boo.
Old 01-29-2002, 08:31 PM   #5  
si, si signora

hi everyone and a special early bd wish for patch!

Its not really busy here, but I am having trouble adjusting to changes here at work.

However, I am now in charge of some projects, so if I don't buckle down and figure out how they are getting done, I'm done for.

Having an okay week eating wise. I am incorporating water into my program again and that is helping. However, finding all this chocolate is not helping. I am giving it away everyday, but I still have some.

Here's hoping everyone is staying warm. Its snowing here on and off and its rather grey.

lala
Old 01-29-2002, 09:26 PM   #6  
LM

Lost 2.5 #. YAY!!! I'm sure my grousing helped (and thank you all for putting out the supportive ears). Okay, 2 more to go. Brace yourselves.

Still absolutely spring-like here.

okay, off to bed.

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ADVANCE TO PATCH!!!!
Old 01-30-2002, 07:15 AM   #7  

Happy Birthday Patch!

Just a quick note to say hello to everyone. I'm in the midst of a two-day conference; just ducked in to send off a few emails and check on things in general.

Congrats to Laurel on the loss.

Welcome back lala.

Hi to Melissa; hope you had a good walk yesterday and that you get another one in today.

Hi Kena. You and I have the same goals this week, although I'm not doing well so far.

I weighed myself yesterday morning at home and am up about three lbs. Little wonder, the way I've been eating. Am under some stress. Our 108-gallon aquarium cracked at 1:36 am Monday. We spent the next three hours mopping up water, moving fish, wiping down furniture, walls, etc. Insurance people were in Monday afternoon; looks like the hardwood floors took a beating. To make matters worse, none of the surviving fish (we lost one in the fiasco) have eaten since, so it looks as though we may be totally "childless" in the very near future.

I guess a few pounds under the circumstances are understandable.

Anyway, gotta run. Hope everyone is well. Have a great day and I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2002, 08:09 AM   #8  

Happy Birthday Patch!

Laurel Congrats on the loss! I think we all get to the point where complaining comes into play about wanting to eat whatever. I wonder if it has anything to do with the time of year? I managed to get outside on Monday and get a nice walk in. Yesterday I was able to get a little shorter one in as the weather was grey and it looked like rain. Today is definitely out--I have my meeting at noon AND it's raining!

Lala: Good for you for passing on the chocolate! Before you know it there won't be any left. I find that by keeping a glass of water in plain sight that I drink more. Sounds like you're moving in the right direction

Seasaw: There's nothing worse than having a little catastophe to bring things to a screeching halt. We had a water pipe burst one time at 3 in the morning and our kitchen was under water and the "overflow" was seeping down into the basement like Niagara Falls. Thank goodness for insurance! Hope your fish survive.

Meeting day for me and I'm looking forward to a little time to myself. I worked the last 2 nights at WW meetings and I'm ready to be a "participant". It's funny how when you work you don't really "hear" what's going on because you're so focused. I will say though that it has helped on my night time snacking. I come home, eat a light dinner and before you know it, I'm ready for bed!

The weather is supposed to turn nasty tonight with a possible ice storm...I sure hope the forecasters are wrong! Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-30-2002, 10:25 AM   #9  

Good morning,

Happy Birthday, Patch!!

Not much going on around here. I have sent out a couple more resumes on Monday. I also decided to email an old boss of mine about a job I saw on their website - it's in the telecommunications business which I didn't really want to get back into, but I may have no choice. I figured it doesn't hurt to explore the option. I decided to take another WW meeting. It starts on Wed, Feb 6, with an open house/organizational-type meeting to gauge interest. This is an at-work meeting at the Wisconsin Dept of Revenue. I've never been to an at-work meeting before, so it will be interesting to see if there are any differences with it being all people that work together. It is a VERY EARLY meeting - weigh in at 6:45 am & meeting at 7 am. It's going to be a quick in-and-out meeting to do. We need 20 people to sign up & pay next Wed for the meeting to be a go.

We're supposed to get our first semi-decent snowstorm starting today (about 3-6 inches they're predicting). It will probably be heading your way, too, Melissa , since you seem to get the same type of weather.

Melissa - great numbers for the week - hope you weigh in reflects your hard work. It's so true about when you're working a meeting, you don't hear a thing because you're concentrating on doing the paperwork. Hey, Rosie O'Donnell is turning 40 in March & has a contest she is talking about on her show & in her magazine - you're turning 40 this year too - it's only open to women who were born in 1962 - you get to be on her show - you should do it - especially since you're a WW success story & she seems to be struggling....whaddya think??

Seasaw/Susan - Yikes about the cracked fish tank - what a bummer to clean up plus your poor fish.

LM - wow, 2.5 pounds, what a woman!

Well, I seem to be down a couple of pounds from the last week or so. I am feeling like my "I don't care what I eat" phase may be ending & I feel motivated to get back to my comfort zone of 142-144. Another 2-4 pounds should get me there. I have been trying to "kick it up a notch" on the treadmill to jump-start myself a little. I also rented a yoga tape at the library yesterday for a change of pace.

Hello to lala, kena & anyone else I missed.

Later ladies,

Last edited by kt marie; 01-30-2002 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-30-2002, 12:31 PM   #10  

My week is going well so far - I've kept below 25 and have hopped on the treadmill both Monday and Tuesday evening.

Patch - Happy birthday!!!!!!!

LM - You go girl!!!!!!!!

My girlfriends are planning a night out on Friday - I imagine that will be my biggest challenge this week - free flowing wine equals too many points and also a headache the next day. I usually weigh in on Saturday morning, but maybe not this week.

The cold weather hasn't subsided - still averaging between minus 20 and minus 30 each day - oh.....when will winter be over?!?!?!? Why do I live here???

K
Old 01-30-2002, 01:23 PM   #11  

You gals are just the best

I really needed a pick me up, and that did it!... don't know why this B Day is more unerving than usual

Laurel - yaaaaa hooooo!!! Way to go! And you must have gotten all the warm weather - 'cause we're shiverin' in our boots here in Los Angeles.

But, then,Kena I know I shouldn't even speak when you're dealing with minus 30. Whoa! Have some wine for me... cause I'm right there with ya - I love wine (and martinis) and they do me in every time.

Seasaw - What a disaster! I hope your fishies are doing ok and eating now.

Keep at it KT your perseverence will pay off. And good luck with that 2nd meeting.

Melissa good luck with your weigh-in. And I too know what ya mean by working the recep desk or the weigh in - you really can't focus on the meeiting.

Yo Lala I'm dreamin' about those Morrocan spices.

And Myra just wanted to say hey!

Going out to dinner tonight to celebrate, and then have tickets to the Symphony for Sat. night with DH. Good thing it's already Wednesday.
Old 01-30-2002, 01:36 PM   #12  
si, si signora

Hi everyone!

patch you are going to have a faboo evening even if its down to 48 degrees and an even better year!

Nothing much going on here- trying to pick up the pieces, figure out work maintenance, budget stuff and learning how this complicated software works.

I need to order a new work computer and am totally baffled at the different kinds of processors out there! I need a 12 yo to get me through this.

Went to the gym this am and now I can give myself a gold star early in the day. I think exercising early is the key for me. Its getting everything else done at home that is the challenge.

melissa- I missed the meeting topic on saturday, but I think I'm going to hit a meeting tonight and get the participation part too. I really think that is one of the biggest keys to success.

kt- I understand your frustration about going back and doing something you don't want to do. That's why I am here instead of designing planned unit developments. So, my advice to you is - if you can afford to ride it out until you can find a job that satisfies you, then wait. If not, then take something less satisfying, but with security. Stay warm - I'm glad to hear you are getting wisconsin weather!

laurel- wahhooooo tooo. good on ya girl! Enjoy that new joisey balmy weather and get out there and prune those fruit trees while ye may. Witchhazel, hellebores, crocuses and galathus all up and blooming. Next week, big flower and garden show - hold me back! Sweet peas are sticking heads up too!

kena- good for you and getting on the treadmill. Glad to hear its "warmed up"! Where in canada do you live?

susan- oh my gosh, i'm sorry to hear about the aquarium. What a loss! I hope the other fish are less stressed out soon and that your beautiful house recovers.

Okay, back to work.

lala
Old 01-31-2002, 10:01 AM   #13  

Hey lala. I'm in Manitoba (just north of North Dakota). We have cold winters but it balances out with having amazing prairie summers!

K
Old 01-31-2002, 02:03 PM   #14  
si, si signora

hi all-

gray and rainy here. I must apologize to Patch- my mother called last night to say that it snowed in Miramar (a suburb near La Jolla), so its got to be cold in the Southland.

kena- brr is right, but it must be beautiful where you live too. We have a couple of cabins in the queen charlotte islands, nice to visit in July, a bit dark in December.

So, I took the big plunge (after looking at my travel calendar) and signed up for a one month intensive yoga thingie. Its five days a week at 5:30 am for 1.25 hours. Should be fun. At least its very close to home, so I can shoot back up, walk dog, take shower, make coffee and get to work by 9. I'm hoping to get some flexibilty and stretching pounded into my thick noggin. Makes it easier for running too.

Why is it that if I get up at 6, it still takes me
3 hours to get to work? I have a 5 minute commute!

Anyways, I hope Patch had a nice bd.

more later,
lala
Old 01-31-2002, 02:19 PM   #15  

The board is busy, busy, busy...sounds like everyone is surviving.

We had a mix of freezing rain/rain over night. I had to scrape the car off but not as bad as what they had been predicting (up to 2" of ice). They're figuring the brunt of the storm will get to us tomorrow night. I'm hoping we don't get dumped on with snow.

I went to my meeting yesterday and was down .8 I was really happy. I'm moving away from the wall and am hoping to continue to do so. Working the meetings as night seems to be curtailing my night time snacking...

Kena: Hope it gets warmer for you soon! Can't imagine having weather that cold. I freeze when we hit the teens here!

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Closed Thread