Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 08:01 AM   #1  

Default Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey

This is a great thread for those who want support, helpful hints, friendship and a great bunch of people to communicate with. This thread has existed for a long time and we keep re-starting it whenever the old one gets too long. Feel free to stop in and chat, we are not a "closed" group and welcome newcomers. Some of us have been together for well over a year, some only a few days, but we care about each other. We offer tips, we share, we pick each other up of the floor when we've had rough times and we applaud when someone does well.

So, please do stop on by and share a bit, support is what it's all about! We can really do this together.

Also, we love 3FC and please use the link from this page if you shop at Amazon.com to support them! Just figured I would throw in a word from our sponsor!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #2  

Surely this is a busy time. I'm frantic as my company comes tomorrow and this place is disorganized and I have so much on my list of things to do.
I almost said "the heck with it" and didn't eat on program, yet again, this morning, but I did and I am pleased. I have to keep anchoring myself.
We talked about anchoring at this week's meeting. This week's meeting had a pitiful showing of members, by the way. Three people and the leader, but it was one of the best meetings I've attended in a long time. We gathered close and just kind of talked through many things.
We were asked what our anchors were that would keep us turning back to our goals/the program during busy and stressful times. I responded that my own anchor was my program materials and my journal. Though I am on CORE, I still continue to journal. I even wondered if this week, it might be better to be on FLEX, just for the week, as so many of the foods are non-core, but I'm still trying. I am only on day four of this week's tracker and have no flex points left, but I am still continuing to journal, just the same. Sure, I'll probably have used double the points this week, but that anchor might just help me stay a little bit more on track.
So, dear ones, what are your individual anchors? Think about it a great deal over the next week. It could be what saves you.
I probably will gain 1 - 2 pounds, but this anchor could keep it from being 4 or 5 pounds!
Paige, so glad that the internship is going well. So, what is "eating you"? (to coin a phrase). Some people go through holiday depression and I know I am also fighting it too. Things will never be the same as they were years ago, when certain people were with us and when we were little kids with all the mystical beliefs. Yet, we can try to do our best. So, smile and remember we care.
Hi Sandra. My day is going "OK" so far, but my to do list is a mile long, so with that I truly MUST get off line and move along. DH got a Christmas bonus, though, which is so nice. In all the years we've been together, he has never gotten a bonus. It literally pays for ALL our holiday gifts/giving this year and funds our IRA accounts. I am surely thankful.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #3  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning ladies.
I hope you are all having a great day.
Linda thanks for starting this new thread.
Have a wonderful weekend.
I woke up late and am just going out. Hopefully I will post later.
Take Care
Ann
Old 12-21-2007, 12:20 PM   #4  

Hello everyone,

Well I have been sick for about 2 weeks with what I thought was a cold and then allergies, turns out I have strep throat. The doctor gave me a shot and some anitbiotics, so hopefully things turn around. I think that shot has really helped.

Derry: my anchor is going to my food journal as well as these pink tennis shoe laces I bought. They are pink in support of Breast Cancer and I am planning on walking in Race for the Cure (and using the shoelaces on my shoes) so this is what I am working towards weighing less so I can walk/run faster. So every once in a while I think about my shoelaces that I want to wear when I do this race, funny how something so small as shoelaces are keeping me motivated. Everytime I get off track I think to myself I really want to be in better shape for that race and then I am okay. Although I have been baking a lot and have been sneaking in cookies that I baked

ann: I hope things are going well, I sure did miss hearing from you. Things have been crazy but hopefully these christmas break will bring me rest. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Thanks for stopping by.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #5  

Hi everyone -

So glad to be here and read your posts.

Linda - What a nice surprise about the bonus! When I used to work in Boston, we would get them every year and it was always much appreciated and put to good use. Many places don't do that anymore which is too bad because I think it helps people out in a lot of ways. The anchor idea is such a good one don't you think?

Janelle - I love your anchor idea. Perfect is so many ways - helps others while helping yourself!

Ann -Hope you have a great day!

Paige - Hope you are feeling better. It is indeed a difficult time of year for many but hoping you can find some joy at this time.

Waving HI to the MIA's!

My anchor is my Mom's wedding ring which I wear with my own. I also have my father's band on my other hand. They are with me always and guiding me. I broke down at my daughter's Christmas show yesterday at her school -just a difficult time for me and too recent and still unbelieveable I guess. Still reach for the phone etc....times heals I know but sometimes not
really

Thank you all again for letting me hang around here - it is wonderful group

Last edited by Patty575; 12-21-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:32 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Linda on getting the bonus. That's wonderful.

Our WW meeting was about anchoring, too. Our leader gave each of us a Jingle Bell. I put mine on a curling ribbon and am wearing it as a necklace. Curtis hooked his on his ball cap. So far, they're helping. We're jingling our way through the holidays.

Ann, I'm glad you were able to stop by this AM. I hope your day was good.

Janelle, I'm sick right now and am thinking it's allergies. I'm sorry you have strep. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Patty.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:26 AM   #7  

Haylo, sorry about the strep throat, but at least you now know what it is you are dealing with and with the right medicine, you'll get better now! It used to be that anyone with a strep throat would be running a high fever, sick in bed and not able to really function - a dead giveaway. But, it seems that so many people I know seem to be able to go through the motions while they are sick with it and just drag. So, they end up not going to the doctor until a longer time period as they seem to be having a low level infection. I used to always almost be able to tell when my kids had it, now it seems like a grey area. I wonder if there are almost two kinds of strep infections, or if you are in good health with higher immunities that you fight it and don't get quite as sick? At any rate, hope you are doing well.
Hey, as far as your shoelace anchor, whatever works! I was talking positively about all that stuff, but by the end of the day, yesterday, I was reduced to eating three slices of pizza at dinnertime. I have all the best intentions and start off each of my days well and then by the end, I fall apart. I keep saying this, but I need to get "real" and get back on program when it's not a party or anything like that. I'm not doing myself any good at all. Today is, for real, a party day. I will do my best.
Patty, I wear my mom's engagement ring along with my own wedding band and ring every day. While not being my WW anchor type of thing, I find myself looking at the ring and remembering, often. My sister has their actual wedding bands, while I have her engagement ring.
I have broken down at several school events, and the reason is that I always think of how my mom and dad would have LOVED to have seen the play or show. They always came and took photos and were so proud of their grandchildren. It's OK and forgive yourself.
Well, almost all day yesterday was spent working on bills and paying them, but I am pleased. Our credit card bills are ALL paid off and Christmas has not even gone by yet. Usually, (hate to admit this) we are paying off Christmas during the first four months of the calendar year. That bonus was most welcome. We now have enough money in the bank to put a new roof on our summer cabin, which is badly needed. I am so appreciative of the bonus and already hopeful that we'll get another one next year. But, even if it never happens again, I am thankful.
Well, my sister and her family are coming today, there will be food and hopefully some fun. I was thinking of sending my DH up to the store to pick up a Scategories game, have any of you played that? We have it at our cabin and we play it there, but have never used it at home. I'd like for us to do something FUN that is not eating this afternoon. We'll see if time permits.
Take care, everyone and good luck coping with today's challenges.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Good morning. I am guessing everyone's super busy with holiday events. We begin ours tomorrow. That'll give me one more day to fight my allergies.

I am op and am bragging about it. It really feels good.

Linda, like my friend, Vickie, says, "A lapse is not a collapse." You'll be all right. Just keep on writing down what you're eating. You'll do fine. Just think what you could have eaten instead of just the pizza! Baby steps. That's all any of us can do.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #9  
Gettin' healthy in 2008

S/C/G: 225/186/125

Height: 5'1"

sorry I disappeared a bit
struggling BIG TIME - not only with WW and all that goes along with that but depression....
at any rate, I'm back on my meds (as of today) and am hoping to turn things around soon with WW
I just wanna get thru the holidays at this point....crappy excuses but that's all I got right now

I'm going to try harder to be more active here again - i've missed you guys!!!

the down but not out
Nadalie
Old 12-22-2007, 05:48 PM   #10  
Gettin' healthy in 2008

S/C/G: 225/186/125

Height: 5'1"

oh and as for anchoring...I use a bracelet I got at Aimee's Adventures!!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Nadalie, join the club, girl. I think we're all in about the same boat. Let's just keep it from sinking.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:52 PM   #12  

Good evening everyone.
I went to bed, but got back up as I can't sleep. I guess I had too much coffee?
I went to work on my Facebook page. If any of you are on it, you can add me as a friend:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...ay%2Clinda

I overate today and I am actually GLAD that I feel awful and over-stuffed. Tomorrow, I start a new journal for the week and it gives me a fresh outlook and I am pleased about that as well. Our family gathering went well, though. It was nice to see my sister and her family. The old familiar recipes were good as well, like old friends we see once a year. A few leftovers haunt me in the refrigerator, but I hope to allow the other members of my family to enjoy those and not me. Tomorrow, it is back to oatmeal and grapefruit, I think.
Peach and Sandra, we'll hang in. We've all been together on this thread for a long time. Some come and go, but the thread remains. It is our constant, maybe it is also a VERY GOOD anchor for us to think about. It's our port in a storm, as well. I haven't had any food in a few hours and am still feeling kind of bloated and miserable. This is what eating "bad" foods can do to me. I feel terrible when I am not eating my usual diet and it's been a few days for me already. The healthy choices have fallen by the wayside and it's time to get back on track. So, tomorrow is a new day, a new tracker and a new chance.
Also, I feel almost like I am coming down with a bladder infection, time to really get control and drink water. Cranberry juice is a good idea as well as water with (the home remedy) a small amount of apple cider vinegar in it. I don't want to be dealing with this misery over the holiday, got to nip this in the bud now!
Well, take care, hope a few of you stop back in for a chat. We all need to be here.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:43 AM   #13  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello,
I have found I have been so busy as I am sure many others are this time of year. With Christmas obligations. My eating for the most part has been really good. Except I had pumpkin pie with whip cream, it was very delicious I must admit. I don't normally eat dessert but it was nice with a coffee after dinner.
Remember all the success we have had this year. We have learned so many things and met many wonderful people, some who stay and others who just pass through. I want to thank you all for everything you have done for me. The great advice, the support and the friendship.
I hope this holiday is wonderful for everyone and that 2008 is your best year yet.
Take Care and enjoy.
Ann

PS I will post when I can. My life just seems really busy right now. You are still all in my thoughts even though I am not posting.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #14  

Waving Hi to everyone and wishing you all wonderful wonderful holiday and an increidble 2008!

With some difficult times here, my eating/exercising has been the only thing I can control and I embrace it and I am proud of that. Emotionally though, it is just like we going through the motions - one step forward, 2 back. We will get though it I know.

I am also thinking that the fact that my meeting is the day AFTER Christmas might have something to do with it

My DH finally started back working after almost a year off though it is temp, a long ride and overnights we are looking to the bright side of things! And adjustment for us here and we will see what the new year brings. He will be off tonight so we will have a nice turkey dinner and watch football

Hope you all have a great OP day and will check back a little later!

Last edited by Patty575; 12-23-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:49 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

So much going on. Everybody hang on to that wagon. The ride will soon be over and all should be back to normal.

We had our family get together today. I actually did great eatingwise. What a surprise! I think I'm going to make it through Christmas without gaining any more. Life is good.
Closed Thread