Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 11:24 AM   #31  

Angry wow!

Is this just what I needed? I finally had a chance to ceck up in here and this thread is just what I needed right now. The support everyone is sharing is wonderful. I really like the post about Dr.Phils advice. It hit home. I think that maybe it will help me to actually picture myself at my next big drop. Picture myself tring on a pair of 18 pants - which are still a ways off. Maybe that would help keep me on track. I find that setting mini goals for myself really helps. When I first tried on a pair of 22 pants, and they fit, I was ecstatic. I remember how wonderful I felt. That was such an accomplishment for me. I need to imagine myself at that point again.

Baby steps is how I am going to continue to take off this weight. I am going to take it one little baby step pound at a time. Journaling baby steps - can I journal today? Can I plan a meal for tomorrow? What can I do to help myself get to my next goal? What can we do to help each other get to our next goal?

I hope everyone has themselves a good day. Reach out and grab a hold of the good vibes that seem to be emminating from this site. Do something good for yourself, and one thing for someone else (cuz it'll make you feel good too).

Melissa
Old 01-29-2002, 06:23 PM   #32  

Default Hi All

Hi Everyone

This week has been crazy, but I finally have a minute to breathe, so I thought I'd see what was going on here. It sounds like a decent week so far for most of you -- that's good!

I'm not very good at singling out messages once I've read them all and compiling neat, individual responses (they get all mushed up in my head once I'm done reading), but suffice to say - yay for the successes and I feel for those of you who are struggling. I've kind of been yo-yoing emotionally lately, myself. Stupid TOM.

One good thing... with the refried beans incident happily in the past, my body seemed to thank me for not abusing it in that way this week with a 4.25 lb. loss! Wahoo! So, I got my little red bookmark and all is happy in Pointsville. If I can get through this weekend's all-you-can-eat spaghetti festival at my friend's church, it will be a miracle, though.

Someone mentioned having a big puppy to walk every night. I was thinking maybe I should put my cat on a leash and walk it, but then I conjured up the image of having to call the fire department when it ran up a tree, or getting in a nice brisk RUN instead of walk when a dog came within a quarter of a mile (or when a leaf skittered across the sidewalk, etc). My cat is probably way to neurotic for an adventure like that.

One last quick note--I'm writing this in a public library while my bf is in class tonight, and there are lots of people around me that appear to be perusing the web for dirty, dirty things. You can just tell! They peer around and look all furtive and blush if you catch their eye. It's kind of funny!

Anyway, bye for now!

~Sarah
Old 01-30-2002, 12:23 PM   #33  

Today, I was fat-hippo-woman again so I decided to do something to stop that in its tracks and measured my hips. They are 14" smaller than when I began! Whooooo hooooooo!

Otherwise, I'm still sick (going on a month now, I think) and tired (I think the tired will last 'til I die at this point LOL) and a little bit whiny but mostly just busy.

We're headed to Lala land in May (planning to attend the e3 expo in Los Angeles -- got our reservations and everything!) -- just my husband and me -- no kids.

More later, I hope!

Terri -- A box is on its way to you with some Elisabeth and some Lane Bryant, I think.
Old 01-30-2002, 03:35 PM   #34  
Slimwithin

Sara congratulations on a marvelous weight loss. You've made a terrific start.
Bunny WOW!!!! 14 INCHES!!!! That is incredible. I'm totally reinspired now. It really CAN be done! You will be all thin and glamorous for your visit to LA in May. Waytago!Melissa I agree, baby steps is the way to go. I also appreciated the post about Dr. Phil's article. Thanks, Determined for submitting it. Especially the part about visualizing success. I think that's a very important aspect of attaining any goal. We can't expect instant gratification but we can keep our ultimate goal in the back of our heads and bring out this mental picture of how we're going to look and feel once we attain it. I once read a book called Think Thin, Be Thin and it was very motivational in that regard. Another one was called something like Psycho-Cybernetics which is basically the same idea. Make a plan, stick to it, and continually visualize how you're going to attain your goal. We can do this!
I have to confess, I've been very lazy this week. We've had a very unusual snowfall here on the (usually) Wet Coast and traffic is a mess. I managed to go out and get some groceries on Monday when we had a gorgeous sunny day and the main roads were bare. Lucky kids had a day off school because teachers were on strike (how come that never happened when I was in school? ) Anyhow, since then we've had more snow and freezing rain so I haven't been to the pool in a week. That's no excuse for not getting on my aeroglider though. Shame on me! I did get ambitious and did some heavy duty cleaning around here, including vacuuming and washing floors, scrubbing down bathrooms, and Swiffering walls and door frames. Amazing what a workout you can get doing "unaccustomed" labour. Today, I plan to eventually clean some inside windows. I took down my living room and dining room swags the other day to wash and have decided I like the brighter look without them. They are a rather heavy, dark print and at the time I ordered them, I thought the print matched my new sofa and chair but it's just a bit darker and smaller. It was an OK look but not what I'd envisioned. So, if the roads ever improve, I'm going to buy some lightweight, sheer fabric to coordinate with the print chairs but in a solid colour and make a slightly more casual swag (I hope). Anyhow, while the curtains are down seems like a good time to polish up the windows. More exercise points?
Oh sheesh, it's snowing heavily again. It was supposed to turn to our usual rain today but it doesn't look like it's happening.
Enjoy your day, Chickies.
LindaBC
Old 01-30-2002, 04:32 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Don't post here!

Starting a new thread! Starting a new thread!
Closed Thread