Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:14 PM   #1  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Default Nervous about 20 points

Hi everyone. I think this is my first time posting in the WW forum. I have been following the WW flex plan since April 16, 2007. I am doing it the free way - borrowed the tools from a friend and following the WW cookbook and points within paying for meetings or such. I have been doing really well so far (I started at 187 lbs, 24 daily points, and I'm down to 154 pounds and 22 daily points.) My goal for right now is 140 pounds, but I may try to get down to 130 if I don't feel satisfied at 140.

Once I hit 150 I am supposed to go down to 20 daily points. I am nervous about this because I feel like 20 points isn't much. I have struggled to feel full with only 22 daily points, and have found myself to go over by 1 or 2 points a day more than when I was having 24 points a day. I have managed to still lose weight even though I go over 1 to 2 points a few days a week. I am worried that if I have to take away another 2 points I am going to feel really hungry every day. I try to get enough protein and fiber throughout my day in the form of wheat bread, meat, and veggies, but still feel hungry throughout the day.

Has anyone else had a problem only eating 20 points a day? Are there foods that I can eat to make myself feel very full, but that aren't a point killer? Any advice would be great. Thanks!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I know a lot of WW members who did not reduce their point level "by the book." Even our leader would say that as long as you were losing weight at a pace you were comfortable with, there wasn't any need to reduce your point level just because the book said so. She said the point levels were guidelines, not written in stone. Everyone was supposed to start there, but adjustments up or down might have to be made depending on your unique metabolism.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #3  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I like you am doing WW the free way. I was a member about 3 years ago and I still have my stuff. I'm not sure if you are using the flex point system or not where you have 35 extra points a week. Some people are scared of them, strive not use them, etc. I use some or all every week. I have been consistenly losing since I've been back OP. I lost 6lbs the first week, had a slip up then I lost 2lbs, then 3lbs, and this week I will probably lose 3 or more and I'm not even exercising yet. Everyone's body is different but the 35 extra flex points let me eat what I want within reason. One of the things I've been working on is spending my points better. Instead of spending 6 points on one food item spend it and eat 3 things. Also bulking up my food. For example I generally eat a frozen meal at lunch so I add steamed veggies to it to make it more filling.

Last edited by Shay; 09-29-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #4  

Congratualtions! You are doing remarkably well and should be very proud of your accomplishment. I agree with what has already been posted. You make no mention of the 35 points per week that you are allowed so I am assuming that you are not utilizing them. However, if you are not comfortable at the 20 points consider spliting up the 35 extra points oveer 7 days which would give you 25 points per day total.
Don't be afraid to use them and good luck with your journey.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #5  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

If you are still losing fine, don't lower your points just yet. My losses have slowed down, but I'm still doing 26 points a day.....just a thought!
Old 09-30-2007, 08:05 AM   #6  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Okies this post is going to sound confusing but it really isnt. Re-read it a couple of times, because bottom line ladies... You are using your flex points! I'm using my flex points. We are using our flex points by staying at the point range we are losing at.

I started at 24. I'm losing at 24. By the book I am suppose to be at 20, well I am at 20, just using 4 of my flex points daily. A lil math to better establish my point. 4x7= 28... 35-28= 7 pts. 7 left for the week or not. Depending on my appetite.

Kelly ( Boaterswife ) is losing at her 26 pts a day. Well she too is at 20 but using 6 flex points a day. 6x7= 42.. Okies Kelly is dipping into Activity Points. But thats not the point, she is still LOSING! That's what matters! That's the beauty of the plan!

You my dear worried poster are also making use of your flex points! You stated so right here...

Quote:
22 daily points, and have found myself to go over by 1 or 2 points a day more than when I was having 24 points a day. I have managed to still lose weight even though I go over 1 to 2 points a few days a week.

Don't sweat the small stuffs save it for the gym or your exercise of choice! This is an incredible journey. One of self discovery and what works best for you! Enjoy the ride!

Last edited by sweetnsassyfied; 09-30-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:30 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

Ok when I started I was at 26-33 points (back in the day of ranges) a day for 2 weeks then I reduced to 24 where I stayed even at 149 pounds and lost consistent EVEN using my 3-5 daily APs and ALL my WPA/FPs.

But remember now points are no longer just based on weight. There are 5 factors (height/weight/age/gender/daily activity not counting exercise) so you may get more than you think if you have the current books or access to the current information on line.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:01 AM   #8  
Core convert

S/C/G: 150/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Similar to likenoother, I was originally doing the flex plan before I switched to core and i was at 20 points also. I actually lost more when I ate my 35 flex...instead of using them all the binge on one day, i split them up and just ate 25 a day to feel fuller. After a while tho, i did tend to cheat which is why i switched to core.
But high-fiber foods are the ones that are going to make u feel fullest. DO you use your zero points items? Try having a cup of steamed brocolli with garlic before dinner or perhaps a really big salad with nonfat dressing (1pt) just to fill your stomach.
good luck!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I'm not currently doing WW, but I did it for a stint a while ago. I was ALWAYS hungry at 20 points, and I ate very healthy high fiber low cal food.

You do get 4 extra points if you exercise vigorously, so make sure you exercise because you get to EAT MORE! Yea!!

But, other than that, I agree with the others that you did to just up your points a little and I think you'll still lose! Good luck!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 262.2/199.8/150

Height: 5'5

I was also going to suggest trying Core. When I first began again....I said I'd never be able to do Core....but prob would switch when my points got very low.

I tried Core for more than a week.....and it's the plan that works best for me. I switched back to flex to get control of my portion sizes....but have been out of control with the junk food! Using alot of points on that instead!!!

Try some of the others suggestions......there is an answer out there that will help you. JUST HAVE TO FIND OUT WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #11  
Core convert

exactly! I thought i would NEVER be able to do core, tried it for one week and havent looked back its what works for ME and everyone is so different
Old 09-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #12  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Wow, all of these posts are great! Thank you so much for everyone's advice. I haven't been counting my 35 extra points a week, but I probably should because I do tend to go over about 1-2 points a day, sometimes more. I don't count activity points either, even though I do exercise about 4 times a week. I like that other people have been eating over their "allowed" values but have still lost weight.

Sometimes I feel like my body is so weird - I have had some weeks since I started in April where I have just not been OP at all. I only weigh myself once a week (sometimes I will check in the middle of the week because I am curious, but don't count except for Mondays) and I swear, I will get on the scale Monday morning after having a really bad week and think I have gained 3 pounds, but I will usually have lost 0.5-2 pounds. I have read on many posts on 3FC that sometimes your body needs a boost in calories and you will actually lose more than when you are eating less calories (not that you should eat more calories all the time, but sometimes it just gives your body a jumpstart with your metabolism). I get worried when I go over my points, but I probably shouldn't because I have been eating 1-2 extra points a day (or more sometimes) the past 2 months, but have added in more exercise, and I'm still losing (at a slow rate, but still losing). I am going to keep going on my 22 points for now, and when I get to 20, I will try it for awhile, see if I feel hungry, and if I do feel hungry, go back to 22-24 points a day and keep exercising and see if I'm still losing. I have found that losing weight is definitely about trying different things and sometimes you don't always have to stick to the exact guidelines as long as you are losing weight healthily and changing your lifestyle.

Thanks for everyone's advice!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #13  
Core convert

To add to my other post...
When i first started on 20 points I was living at home (before college) and I was eating balanced meals all day long, very healthful but still feeling hungry. I complained about this one night after dinner to my mom and she told me to have a piece of fruit. I said "but i dont have any points left!" and she asked me if I had eaten healthily all day (which i had) and then said, "you know what honey, no one gains weight from a piece of fruit" and from then on, as long as i was making healthy choices throughout the day...if i was hungry later at night, i would have baby carrots or a pear or orange or whatever fruit was in the house, and it CERTAINly did not set me back
Old 10-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #14  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

You should look at your allowed points as a minimum I think, not a maximum. When you get to maintenance they want you to get 28 activity points a week, averaging 4 a day, with 5 pts a day if you divide your flex points or whatever you call them that could be 9 pts a day on top of your "allowed points". So if you're a point or two over don't worry about it.

good luck!

You could probably join WW now, lose your 10 or so pounds and get your lifetime for cheap, then its free as long as you stay within 2 lbs. of your goal and weigh in once a month. Then you'd feel legit and still got a bargain.
Closed Thread