Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 09:38 AM   #16  

Today is Tuesday and this is now the 6th day. I feel good about my program. I have been journaling very faithfully. Yesterday was the first day that I was able to get ALL my water. Perhaps that's because I was back at work and we have bottled water here.

I have a Palm Vx and use WWcalc for my journaling. This is working nicely for me because I have my Palm with me at all times. I was using Diet Log but it is way out of date now and the company isn't updating. The website for WWcalc is: http://www.ruffboy.com/wwcalc.htm if anyone is interested.

Although I started on Thursday the 3rd, I changed my meeting and weigh-in day to Sunday right away so I've already attended 2 meetings. When I started, I bought the 10 week plan so now I have absolutely committed myself to at least 10 weeks. This is a good thing!

Everyone have a good day and perhaps we can keep this thread going.

ArnaP
Old 01-08-2002, 01:35 PM   #17  

Hello All..
I can't say it's been a easy, but I've stay OP with the exception of one day (TOM). My biggest problem is getting the exercise in. I know I find excuses of why not to exercise... (it's to early in the morning, it's cold, it's too late) I'll come up with anything. So my goal for this week is to get at least 3 days of exercise in. I guess I have to keep telling my self that I didn't gain it all in one week, I have to just keep making small goals and keeping them...
Have any of you all tried the WW shakes? Do they taste good, do they fill you up? Are they suppose to be a meal replacement? They don't have them where I go but I was thinking of going to one of the WW centers?
Another ? Can we attend more than 1 meeting a week and not have to pay for it?
Arnap - I also joined for 10 weeks and I'm committed to that.. but I know It's going to take me more than that to lose all the weight I want...
Hope everyone is having a great day and hope to hear from everyone....
Old 01-08-2002, 04:06 PM   #18  

The shakes are NOT a replacement for a meal. Its a nice way to have a snack and count it as a milk!!
Old 01-09-2002, 09:34 AM   #19  

I had a very stressful afternoon and evening yesterday. My parents are elderly and not in great health and I was visiting both of them at their respective residences. My dad is recovering from heart surgery and is in a rest home right now and mom is in assisted living.

Mom is having stress related problems right now in reaction to my dad's illness. I am the only one here in the area (I have a brother about 2 1/2 hours away) so I am the main contact for both of them.

Yesterday I left work at my normal time but didn't get home until 4 hours later!!! I was so worn out that all I fixed myself for dinner was a tortilla with some left over salmon on it, a glass of milk and a Silouette ice cream sandwich.

I stayed within my points and had all the veggies I needed for the day. My program, overall, is doing well however as a person, I am totally stressing!!!!

Hope you guys don't mind my venting here. I don't know what else to do.

ArnaP
Old 01-09-2002, 09:41 PM   #20  

Arnap you are completely in your right to vent. In the last year my husband and I have lost 3 parents and now we are the only ones nearby to care for his step mother. There also are other siblings but not near to help either. I completely understand what you are going through. My mother never told me it was going to be like this and how we truly do take over the role of the parent. Keep going strong Arnap.

Tomorrow is my first weigh in since I started back to WW. I hope I lose.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:52 PM   #21  

Hello All

I've had another good day, so we'll see tomorrow.. my first weigh in But hopefully it will be a good one.
I'm still having problems with exercsie, I have to make myself do it..
Arnap This is what we're here for...vent all you need...
Miller I hope you have a great weigh in day tomorrow too...
talk to you all later...
Old 01-09-2002, 10:55 PM   #22  

Thanks everyone. I had a good program day. Stayed within my points and ate the full of everything - 2 milks, 5 veggies/fruits, 8 waters.

I decided today to see my dad for just a few minutes (take him a Newsweek) and then to go straight home. I did that but the phone rang about 5 times, 3 of which were my mom. I finally just told her that she had promised me a night to myself and that's what I was taking.

I even got my laundry done - a very much needed chore!!

I appreciate all your help.

ArnaP
Old 01-11-2002, 02:04 PM   #23  

Hello All...
I had my 1st weight in and I lost 1.20 lbs. It's not much, but it's a beginning...
My challenge will be the weekend, I seem to go off point on sat & sunday. I hope to get in some exercise on one of the two days...
Hope everyone is having a great day..
Old 01-12-2002, 04:22 PM   #24  

Happy me! I made it to my first weigh in and I lost 4.4 lbs. I was very happy. Since then I have had to eat out about 3 times and I have been able to mangage and make good choices. In just a little while I am going to walk, I can't believe I am walking outside in Illinois in January we are having great exercise weather not a flake of snow - Yet! I better watch out it may be just around the corner. Thanks for everyone's help.

Good going Arnap, now could you do my laundry!
Old 01-12-2002, 08:21 PM   #25  

Tomorrow is my weigh in. I had a good week except that I didn't get any exercise. Maybe I should start doing that at lunchtime instead of reading my newspaper after eating. My father is coming home on Friday - this is a great thing and will lessen my stress level in many ways, while increasing it in other ways.

Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed!!!

ArnaP
Old 01-12-2002, 10:25 PM   #26  

Hello All

Miller - 4.4 lbs lost, that is GREAT! Keep it up...

ArnaP - Good luck with your weight in tomorrow. I think I need to start walking at lunch too. After I eat I usually surf the internet, or just visit with friends.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:56 PM   #27  

Angry Welcome back!

I'm glad to hear that you went back, as you deserve to reach your goal. It's hard going back and starting again, but I've done it 3 times.

I started back in Jan. of 2000: lost 17 pounds, gained back 5 and maintained in 2001. I must say that while I wasn't giving it my all (otherwise I'd be at goal), this program helped me pay attention to the basics and I didn't regain all of it back.

Last month I recommited: journaling and exercising every day, and am watching the needle go the other direction.

All the best to you and keep us posted on your progress!
Old 01-20-2002, 01:06 PM   #28  

Today is Sunday and I weighed in this morning. I have lost a total of 2.9 pounds now. This week it .5. I am finding that although I stay on program, the stresses in my life are causing my body to hang onto the weight. That's not an excuse, just a fact of life. I am continuing to persevere. Its only been a couple of weeks and I want to get this done!!

Dad came home on Friday and is doing well. We are going to have someone come help us on a Monday thru Friday basis so that will relieve some of the pressures I am feeling.

Keep my family in your thoughts please.

ArnaP
Old 01-20-2002, 06:50 PM   #29  

Hello All
I've been gone for a week, my brother-in law passed away suddenly last sunday. It's been a very emotional week. I've given myself one week for the emotional eating, and I've told my self that I have got to get back on track. I am more determined to lose the weight.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:47 AM   #30  

Patty - sorry to hear of your loss. Allow yourself some time to grieve.

I am having a good week. We went to dinner at Outback and I had the 8 oz prime rib. I only ate half and counted all the points as accurately as possible. I even stayed completely within my points for the day. This was the first night that my dad went out. It was his idea - I was going to fix salmon for dinner but he wanted to mingle. He hadn't been out since 12/12 - a long time for him.

My scale is starting to reflect my efforts. YEA!!! Rome didn't become fat in a proverbial day and Arna isn't going to get skinny in a month either!

Thanks for your support - I am taking one day at a time. Concentrating on getting my dad and mom taken care of and making sure that I take time for myself.

ArnaP
Closed Thread