Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 05:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/248/130

Height: 5'2''

Lightbulb WW options??

Hello all...im currently a calorie counter..and hopeful soon to be WW. Ive been juggling all the different options of WW. Im not comfortable with the idea of face to face meetings, so I was looking at the WW online option. I was wondering if someone would kindly give me a brief explanation of the differences in online and at home. Would I have to buy all the stuff that the at home comes with? or is it basically based online? Im still trying to get a gist of it, as my calorie counting days are coming to an end and was quite short lived...*sigh*

Also, another question. I dont cook. However, if I do WW, it would be best if I learned how, right? So, ive noticed that the recipes are meant for a couple servings...like 3-4 or so....I would be able to make the whole dish and refrigerate it and have it as meals for the next couple days too right?? (if they dont rot in there....) Sorry if these questions are redundant... I am on a tight budget, so I want to make sure that if im going to dish out all this money...there wont be any other things to buy, or if there is...atleast ill be prepared. Thanks in advance
Old 08-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

W/W actually has 3 options to do their plan.

1) is the AT HOME program. It comes with all the stuff you get at 12 weeks of meetings plus a few of the upgrades. It is available in only certain areas

2) online which has everything you get at meetings but only available to you online however you have access to a 'shopping' area that you can buy other materials if you so choose. Online is $15 a month (cheaper if you pay 3 months at a time)

3) meetings with or without e-tools / monthly pass - if you choose meetings you have a couple options depending on your area. All areas have meetings and with those meetings you have access to purchase e-tools at an additional cost per month. Some areas have what they call montly pass which includes the e-tools plus meetings for one set price. Meeting costs can be between $10-15 a week, e-tools cost $13 a month, monthly pass is $40 a month.

With any weight loss program one really should cook at least part of the time to be healthy and not just lose weight.

Most of the recipes if they say they make 4 servings you can always cut it down by 1/2 and make 2 servings and save the one for a lunch later in the week or another dinner later in the week.

Why don't you cook? Most people say it is the time it takes but here are some tips:

Buy a George Foreman grill....you can make boneless skinless lean meats in the same time it takes to microwave a meal.

There are many instant sides --- rice (even brown rice has a minute option); potatoes, etc.

You can get small cans of veggies that heat up in the microwave in less time than a frozen meal. Even frozen veggies can be done in the microwave.

And all this is minimal cooking...it's more like reheating. LOL!
Old 08-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #3  

lol. I actually have a George Foreman grill, but being cooking ******ed, I have only had salmon and chicken, plain *boring*. What really brought my attention to WW was all the recipes. I am kind of afraid of the stove, because I dont like hot things (i know weird) im a clutz and always getting burned. But I was kind of thinking if I just cook something a few times a week, I wouldnt mind trying. I just dont want to have to have my world revolve around the stove daily, as I have a pretty busy schedule now days. Ive been dwindling on the WW online option for a while, but would like to hear what other people think about it. Im guessing its pretty much the same program...just without the meetings??
Old 08-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

I cook for my husbane and I every day and rarely do I spend more than about 10-20 minutes cooking...sometimes the prep takes time a bit longer but the more you do the more you'll be profecient at it.

You can do basic grilled anything on the Foreman. But I sprinkle thing with spices (garlic is the best) and then add a sauce that I purchased at teh store when I am done....like BBQ sauce or Teriyai sauce or whatever....
Old 08-26-2007, 11:39 PM   #5  
Losing it :)

S/C/G: 175/149.5/135

Height: 5'1"

I love the online program...i would recommend buying a points calculator though. I got mine on Ebay. Its very helpful when you cant get to the computer right that moment or when you're grocery shopping.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:28 AM   #6  

I actually joined online a few days after I posted. And I merrily received my WW calculator in the mail yesterday!!!! I was jumping with excitement,lol. I went to the store today and was a little shy about busting it out of my purse, but I did it anyway. I got a few odd stares....they were probably thinking "what in Jerusalem's name is she doing in front of that cheese!!" lol. Its been an interesting ride so far, I chose the flex plan, as I do love to eat out.lol. TOM is approaching, so ive had an interesting week thus far.lol
Old 08-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #7  
Losing it :)

S/C/G: 175/149.5/135

Height: 5'1"

oh i know how that is! I do it every week at the same grocery store so they're probably wondering what's wrong with me. Well good luck. I love the flex plan!
Closed Thread