3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/114609-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

haylo921 06-13-2007 11:35 AM

Briza: Welcome!!!1
Tech: my pedometer is one that I recieved with my gym membership. They are trying to promote movement. It doesn't have a brand name is just says virgin life care on it. I know WW has one but I am not sure how it works. Ann (Newlifstyle) has a pedometer as well maybe she can let you know what kind of pedometer she has. Sorry your mom made that comment I would have felt angry as well. Maybe she doesn't want to to give you up and was hoping that would motivate you a little. Either way, don't let it bother you.

Derry: Hmm, I like that idea 5 minutes of movement for every hour behind the wheel. I think I am going to incorporate that into my daily habit.

Paige: The bad thing is that I am like this during football season too, which will be coming up soon. I think it goes back to my competive streak I love competition. Hope you have a nice day.

Newlifestyle: keep on moving!!!!!

Rosegarden 06-13-2007 12:17 PM

Good afternoon - I really need to get to a WI - I just keep progressing down the bad road. So far today I'm on track, so let's try to pull my bootstraps and get back to a good point. I can't keep beating myself up. I know better. It's just hard to jump back into place. I just downloaded a bunch of recipes to try this week. I hope I find what I need SOON!

Treighsie 06-13-2007 02:46 PM

Briza, you and I seem to be at exactly the same point. Don't those last 10 pounds really stink to lose???
So, I thought it would be a good day... but an old friend asked me to lunch... we let the kids choose... Friendly's... and I said "Aw, heck, I'll treat myself". Ouch. I feel almost sick, that's how full I am. I ate WAY too many points. I don't know how many, but I know it's more than my daily allowance. :(

metrosocrgirl 06-13-2007 02:56 PM

I'm new here and I was just wondering how everything works. All I saw was people losing weight and supporting each other so I had to join!

Briza 06-13-2007 03:51 PM

Treighshie-Yes! It really does! The scale does not seem to move for me past 135 and I keep fluctuating between 135-137. The only thing I can think to do is become really really strict with my diet and exercise. Hopefully I will have to strength to do it...
How do you plan on getting over the hurdle?

mpaigew 06-13-2007 03:56 PM

Goooood afternoon all!!!!!

It's been a pretty good day here. I made it to the gym this morning and had a nice little workout on the eliptical. I was so glad that in my post this morning I said I was going to the gym because I almost wimped out. I didn't though, because I didn't want to come back here and post that I hadn't gone! So I went, and I'm glad.

Right now I have dd's cupcakes for her class bday in the oven. I tried a new recipe today, so I am incredibly tempted to sample, but wi is tomorrow, so NO WAY! I will admit to having a lick of the batter, so I'm going to have to add in a few points for that.

On the menu for tonight is my pizza! It's a chilly day here, so I don't mind heating up the oven (not to mention it's already on!) What is everyone else having?????

haylo921 06-13-2007 04:04 PM

Paige: like you I almost wimped out on going to the gym, but then I started watching an episode of the biggest loser boy did that get me in gear to head out to the gym. Your pizza sounds delicious I am making spaghetti right now of course using the WW recipe book. I'll see how it turns out. I am supposed to meet up with friends later one so I will have about 8 points left after I have my late lunch/dinner so I figure that will allow me to have maybe wine and a small side salad if I got hungry. Wow what stamina you have to stay away from those cupcakes I think I probably would dig into one.

derrydaughter 06-13-2007 07:19 PM

Wednesday evening

Well, one goal has been accomplished. My daughter and I drove around this afternoon and visited four area gyms/health club places. Interesting how they each have different things to offer and completely different prices. One of them, Planet Fitness, seems to be more of a nationwide or at least area chain, so they have to be doing something right? They were the least expensive as well. To join, it is $59.00 to join and then $10.00 a month thereafter and you can get out at any time - no contracts. I like the no contracts thing. Plus, you can consult with a personal trainer any time you want, by appointment, without paying extra. The negative is that they don't have group classes, like yoga and Pilates (sp?), etc. and I tend to like that kind of stuff. My daughter saw a friend there and was happy to know that she would have an exercise buddy if we went there.
The other places offered nice things as well, one was much more for jocks with basketball and volleyball courts and an outside track, they even have a cafe' that serves food an alcohol with a 10 foot TV screen to watch various games. Not my thing and more money as well. But, I could tell it would have an appeal to some individuals who are more sports oriented.
Another place was even more money with about 3,000 members, amazing in a small NH town to be that well attended. I liked the sauna and their schedule of classes/group things, but it was about 5 more miles away from home, more expensive and I figured that the inclination to go work out would be lessened, over time, with distance and cost. I was craving that sauna, though, after I checked it out.
No decisions were made, but it was inspirational. This morning, I was on my own treadmill and did some leg lifts, abs crunches and bicep and tricep curls with my weights. I also did what I refer to a butt crunches, so I felt good about myself even if I didn't officially join a gym today. I have to talk over the cost with my husband as it would be for both my daughter and myself and could add up.
Tracy, after having three kids, you may never get back to a size 7, but if you get to a respectable 9 and look great for a mom with three kids you'll be very happy, I am sure. I think we all use numbers as too much of a measuring stick. Look at what a victim I have been recently to the numbers on the scale.
Tech, sounds like your mom is one of those seeing things half empty vs. half full types, but you can be proud of your 25 pounds that are gone. It will feel great when you do lose that much more, but be happy about what you have achieved!
Briza, good to have you aboard and I hope you stick around. One of our people, Paige, is also trying to fit into a dress for wedding. It's really hard to lose weight for something like this, I think. You are right, do it for yourself.
Haylo, I bought a pedometer once and couldn't figure out how to work it and threw it away. I wonder if the WW ones are easier? I'm lost with certain electronics. I am lucky to be using this computer!
Laura, I hope you do find what you need soon. Believe me, no one knows like me how hard it is to get back on track. I, actually, wasn't really severely off track, but I hit rock bottom on Monday morning. I'm better about it all now, and have a new resolve, but I realize how dangerous things can get when you do get off track. I feel so badly having three weeks in a row weighing exactly the same weight. As someone said, I am grateful it wasn't a gain three weeks in a row, but I had a gain the week before these last plateau weeks. I'm more weight than I was in March, so this is a wake up call for me. If I am going to do this, I have to figure out what I am doing wrong and get with it. It's now or never time. If our budget is really stretched to the max, how can I justify spending $48.00 a month ($12.00 a week, not even counting if it happens to be a 5 week month) on my WW meetings. I'm a lifetime member, I could be going to those meetings and not paying a dime if I got my act in gear. I am here, but I have to admit it is begrudgingly here. I want to break free of this "curse" and to be back to my slimmer self and stay there. I want to be the example people could use to describe a success story, not a story about someone who has tried and failed many times.
I am so sick of getting on that scale and hoping for even a .2 loss, though I'd have been almost happy with that this week. I want to see those numbers get lower and I want to accomplish this, it's for me and all about me!
Metrosocrgirl, glad to welcome you. How it works is that we seem to have an ongoing conversation. We help each other, we share ideas, recipes, failures and applaud each other's successes. Please feel free to join in with us and just jump on in to the conversation.
Paige, what a cool thing that you posted and then almost wimped out on the gym thing - but because you said you would you felt you had to go so you wouldn't have to come back to all of us and say you didn't go! Great job! I need to be responsible for what I say as well.
So, for today, I actually stuck with my resolve. I just dropped back a page and re-read the goals I said I needed for this week and I am pleased.
Today, I set a plan as far as what I was going to eat and I ate exactly that and nothing more. I was able to check off all my healthy eating guidelines. I tried two new recipes, one of which I made up and one that I got from this web site. I exercised and I did journal.
Interesting that my day came in at exactly 20 points, my usual amount, even though I was on CORE. I like that. I counted the one flex point I used, though, for the Boca vegetarian sausage. I'm not sure it was worth spending a point on in terms of enjoyment and quality.
Tomorrow, I hope to keep my goals and be true to them as well. I'll have to be extra careful as it's a quilting day!

Newlifestyle 06-13-2007 07:41 PM

Hello all, it seems like this was a busy site, I had a great day on plan, I walked, went to my meeting, ate on plan and gained 2 pounds. My leader said, she thinks I exercise too much. I have no clue. It will all work out I am sure. I am not sure what brand my pedometer is, it has weight, steps, kilometers, calories burned and percentage of fat. It works really well. I might buy a ww one so that I have two. I Hope you all have a great night, I will read the posts and respond after.
Take CAre
Ann

derrydaughter 06-13-2007 07:59 PM

Ann, I'm getting off line now, but wanted to say how sorry I was to read you had a 2 pound gain. You just sound so matter of fact about it. I usually whine like crazy when something like that happens. I need to learn from you!
Why would you want two pedometers, by the way?
Have a great night. You are doing all the right things and just like people have said to me - it will even out.
I don't think you exercise too much, do you?

Newlifestyle 06-13-2007 08:28 PM

Hey Linda, sorry I missed you. I am honestly not bummed out about the weight gain, I have been at this for a year and haven't really gained any weight. I know I eat really healthy and I walk about 10,000 steps a day and run 5 kms. I don't think I exercise too much but the leader looked at my book and what I do and thought I might. I honestly don't know. I am not to worried about it. I think about carrying a 50 pound child around and I know I am doing okay. Yes I could have lost more but haven't. It will eventually come off. My weight hasn't really stopped me from doing anything so why let it start now.
I don't know why I want two. I just think the ww ones might be better, still not sure about that.
That is great you went to check out gyms. I have a friend who has been a runner for over 20 years, it all started because she couldn't afford to go to a gym, so she started running a block at a time. Linda your goals are great. That is an awesome idea.
Haylo, have you been out stepping....remember it is our summer, the summer WE DID....yeah us.....
Hello Paige, your pizza sounds yummy tonight. I had salad and chicken breast.
Hi Briza, Metrosocrgirl, welcome and do enjoy this thread as much as I do, I find the people here so supportive and knowledgable.
Hi Tech and Tracy, I hope you had wonderful days.
Hello Emma, I really hope the weather is good to you. That sounds like an awesome walk you had. Good for you.
Has anyone heard from Erica?
Hi Laura, it was nice to see a post from you. Take care of yourself and come back soon. I really do hope life slows down a bit for you.
Hi Patty, I hope you had a great day at work.
Hello Kim, Ginny, Erica, Futurepixie and anyone else out there.
Have a wonderful night. I apologize if I didn't address everyone. I tried.
Take Care
Ann

TechAlum 06-13-2007 08:48 PM

Good Evening All,

Well I posted that I was going for a walk and didn't. But I'm dragging dh and the dogs out after dinner settles for a walk so it won't be a total loss. And I did follow the goal I posted on the thread Emma started, I didn't earn the AP so I didn't have the wine, even though I had enough daily points left. Now when we get home, all bets are off.

Ann - Maybe you're just not eating enough for the amount of exercise you're doing, I don't think you can do to much exercise. Do you use the AP you earn each day?

Linda - Yea on visiting the gyms, even that is a step in the right direction. Good luck tomorrow.

Paige - Exercising and Skipping the cupcakes, those are NSVs for sure.

Metro - welcome and just jump right in. That's what I did when I came back after a few years.

Haylo - spaghetti sounds good. We had black bean bugers w/cucumber relish and potato salad, a lot of chopping but it was worth it.

Well DH and the dog are here to drag me outside, so I'd better go.

Have a great night and day tomorrow everyone.

-Tech

EricaL 06-14-2007 06:07 AM

Hi everyone,
Sorry I was MIA for awhile. For one, I thought I was pregnant, and that was really wreaking havoc in my mind, so what did I do? I ATE!!! Bad, bad. So TOM finally showed up. We also went to another trade show in Philadelphia on Tues. and then we've just been busy. So here I am.

Confession time.... I am just a tad out of control with my eating, and I really need to rein myself in like, now, or I'm going to be so mad at myself. I feel like I'm just blowing it right now. I'm up a good 5lbs. now. So today is the day, I get out the new journal and get back in control.

I think I need to check out the thread that Emma started, because right now I'm doing whatever I want, whenever I went. Why am I doing this? I worked my tail off ALL winter long, and now this. Hmmmm..... I'm not even sure why... I never even reached my goal yet.

nibs 06-14-2007 06:36 AM

Hey ladies,

Sorry I am not posting regular right now but I have alot of things going on right now and just don't seem like there is time to be on very much. I will get here as much as possible and I am not giving up. I went back to WW last week and had my "first" weigh in AGAIn..and lost 5.8 pounds. I'm back at it and hoping I can keep myself in control through all the stress I'm dealing with.

Hope all is well and I'll try to post again later.

Take Care
Kim

Newlifestyle 06-14-2007 06:59 AM

Hello everyone.
Kim, congratulations on the loss that is awesome and welcome back. I am sorry you have so much stress.
Tech, I do not count my activity points. I hope you had a wonderful walk last night. I bet the dog loved it, as dogs love to walk.
Erica, it is so nice to see you back. You have come so far. when I read your post about getting out a new journal, it brings to mind the suggestion you gave about rereading your ww books from book 1. I am going to go back to basics I think, when I ate the same things each day and used my activity points. I feel I need to shake things up a bit.
Linda, thanks for posting what you eat each day, it does give me ideas. You are very creative.
Good morning Paige, I hope you have a great relaxing day. Paige I love reading your posts.
Hello Emma, how was your day?
Hi Tracy, Briza, and Metro, and Laura enjoy your day. I am thinking of you all.
Haylo, my buddy where are you? I bet you are out walking trying to beat me at those steps. Say it isn't true....Remember it is the summer WE DID. I think I need to set goals. Maybe that will be my goal, My goal is to set a goal...I must be tired, I am being silly now.
Have a great day everyone.
Take Care
Ann