3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/114609-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

EmmaGabysMum 06-09-2007 05:54 PM

Hi ladies

I have been SO bad the past couple of days :o It's 'that time of the month' and all I want to do is eat bad stuff.. fatty, greasy, sweet, not filling or nutritional... Last night we had fish & chips for tea & I had a hot dog & a lasagne topper.. none of you will know what a lasagne topper is, but LOL it's bad. I also had quite a few chips...... Soooo... I'm not going to WW this week. I wasn't going to anyway (due to having no one to watch my daughter while i'm there, having to walk to the meetings & the fact it is all of a sudden REALLY cold here, and I don't want Gabs to get sick).

But today IS a new day & I've planned out all my food, and have moved the exercycle INSIDE so I can watch TV inside & do my exercise, rather than having to go out to the (cold) garage later tonight to do it! I am hoping that with the exercycle inside, I can do two half hour sessions today - and each day. I live with my parents at the moment you see, and they have just jetted off to Western Samoa to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary, so it is just me & my girl (& DP every 2nd night) for 10 days.

I will DEFINATELY be going to WW for the weigh in Monday after next, I'm going to get DP to come over early so he can watch Gab while I go - and then later that night me & my sis are heading to the airport to surprise Mum & Dad when they get back...

this wasn't meant to be a book - and it wasn't meant to be all about me....

so i'll come back later & do some personals, rather than blub on about ME ME ME....

Newlifestyle 06-09-2007 05:57 PM

Hi everyone. It has been one busy day. So many kids at are place just enjoying the sun. It was fun but exhausting.
Tracy, way to go you are doing awesome. I think we all feel different during TOM, I get so sensitive. Funny. I hope you did have a great day.
Haylo, I just look at my pedometer and I am only at 8,000 steps, because of your post I am going out to get those other 2,000 steps at least. I think you and I should both try to get 10,000 steps each day. Remember it is the summer we did. We can do this.
Erica, weekends are more difficult for me too. I feel much less motivated on weekends, well usually I do, but Haylo has motivated me as this is the summer WE DID. I hope you enjoy your family and life today.
Hi L.J., Linda, Paige, Tech, Laura, Futurpixie, Ginny, Kim, Emma, and anyone else I missed. I am thinking of you all. Have a wonderful weekend.
Take Care
Ann

PS Haylo, remember this is the summer WE DID, incase you missed it in my post.

nibs 06-09-2007 07:49 PM

Hey guys,

I went back to my meetings as of Tuesday past. I have been doing fairly good since. I haven't quite written anything down yet but I am calculating in my head and so far so good. I am going to start writing down my foods agin though. Having a pretty hectic week. Exams starts on Monday for my son and he's the type that needs my total support when it comes to studying. I can't wait for them to be over so I can have my life back for awhile. I haven't started my exercising yet but I'm hoping to start tonight or in the morning.

Great job on the losses and good luck on everyone else!!

TTYS
Kim

EmmaGabysMum 06-09-2007 10:58 PM

Kim - good luck with your son's exams! I find that I do a lot better when I am writing down everything I'm eating... I have a knack for 'forgetting' a biscuit or three I had with my coffee, or the lovely pieces of chocolate.. LOL

Ann - sounds like a very busy day, but i'm jealous you can enjoy the SUMMER, because it's winter here & rather chilly!

Haylo - when I have a small loss I always remind myself that ANY loss is a GOOD loss!

Treigh - i've just finished my TOM as well - the past 4 or 5 days allllll i have wanted to do is eat, so i'm hoping that now that is over, my eating can go back to normal!

EVERYONE ELSE, hope you're doing well!

Newlifestyle 06-10-2007 08:30 AM

Hello ladies,
I hope everyone has a great day.
Linda, how was your time with your in-laws? Were the meals okay? I kept thinking about you.
Paige, I hope you are having so much fun camping.....
Emma, I forgot it is fall/winter where you are. I remember we had cold yucky weather during our winter and you had beautiful weather. Are you able to exercise with Gaby indoors. I remember I used to lie on the floor and do different things lsuch as ifting my DS with my legs and stuff like that. He enjoyed it and I got a bit of exercise in.
Erica, is the sun shining there. I hope so and that you and the girls get out and enjoy this weather. When is the busiest time of year for you? When I was in Florida someone was mentioning a farm in New York that was awesome, they had gone on a school trip there. I think they were from Syracuse. I don't know what made me think of that right now...Oh well. Good luck with your eating today.
Haylo, get up and get moving remember this is the summer WE DID. You can do it. Let us see how many steps we each get today. It will be fun. I was going to be lazy today but thought, I should get out and get moving as this is the summer WE DID......yeah (have I driven you crazy yet? I'm like the energizer bunny,,,,ha ha)
Kim, welcome back. You have such a busy life. What does your son do during the summer? Is he old enough to stay home or does he go to summer camp? Is Duane still away a lot. Have a wonderful day and good luck to your son on exams.
Hello Tracy, L.J.,Tech, Ginny, Laura, Futurepixie and everyone else.
I hope you are all doing well.
I feel motivated today. Now I need to plan all my meals and then I can get out walking.
Take Care
Ann

derrydaughter 06-10-2007 01:35 PM

Good afternoon, just back from my weekend away and heading outside to do some gardening in a few moments, but wanted to check in here.
NONE of my thread notifications are working still for this site. Are any of the rest of you having trouble with this?
Just read messages and it sounds as if all is well. LJ, I love having your perspective from WW headquarters and Erica I love having your perspective as a leader. Having you both is wonderful as you can interpret things.
Emma... I guess I'll always be "all about the food" even when I get to goal and I am trying to maintain. : ) So, you've got my interest and you must share what a lasagna topper is. Even if I never have one, I need to know what it is! Heaven forbid there is a food out there and I don't know about it!
Tracy, I hope weigh in went well. Nibs, good to have you posting back here!
As for me, eating did not go awfully well over the weekend, but we went away and what can you expect? I'm home and back on program again and I did a half hour in my mother in law's pool this morning.
Even if I over-ate, I still feel better today. I have yet to hop on the scale and I want to try not to until Tuesday's weigh in, but I "feel" thinner, particularly in my legs/thigh area. That is a good sign.
I'm awfully tired, though and not sure why. I feel like taking a nap, but I'm going to head outside to do some gardening instead. Maybe some movement and sunshine will do me good?
So, hello to you all and let's keep moving!

mpaigew 06-10-2007 03:38 PM

Hi all! I just got back from our camping trip a few hours ago. It was a really fun weekend; we all had a really great time!

Eating was ummm...ok? I didn't take my notebook to journal; the only thing that really was not good was the tiny cake I bought at the supermarket yesterday afternoon and dh and I split. But hey, it was our anniversary yesterday, so it was justified...right?! LOL! Other than that and a bunch of roasted marshmallows, I think I did pretty good.

I hate to say it, too, but I think that if I hadn't been so disappointed about my wi on Thursday, I probably would of totally stuck to plan. I understand that the scales will be different, and right from the beginning, there was a 3 lb difference. I was just using my scale at home to make sure I was moving in the right direction...so even though it started out higher at WW, there should of still be a loss (more than .2 anyway.) My scale showed a 3lb loss... I understand that I would still weigh higher at WW, but I was still expecting that loss to be there, ya know?! Especially because I had completely been op...right down to the blt's and exercising. Oh well...I know it is what it is...I am going by WW weight not my at home weight...I guess maybe I was also a little upset at my leaders response to my complete and utter shock. She said to me, "What, you were expecting more than that?!" She had to of seen that I was almost in tears...I just kind of felt like she brushed me off.

Anyway...I've got to run...I'll check in later with you all!

haylo921 06-10-2007 03:56 PM

Newlifestyle: Nope you are not driving me crazy yet, of course I am up for the challenge. I better get moving so I can get some steps in I will post my total steps either later tonight or early tomm. morning. The san antonio spurs are in the NBA finals and being the big sports fan that I am I probably won't be getting to many steps in tonight. So I better do something quick. Thanks for the motivation I needed a kick in the rear.

emmy: thanks for the reminder that a loss is a loss. I am going to try really hard this week to stay on plan I have continued to be a little off over the weekend, but I will continue to try.

Oh yeah, I think TOM has been playing a part in my bad behaviors as well. :devil:

I hope everyone has a great day. Oh yeah and I just have to say

GO SPURS GO:carrot:

Sorry if your not a spurs fan but I live in san antonio so I have to cheer on my home team.

Patty46 06-10-2007 04:08 PM

HI everyone -

Would love to join the group :^: I am new to this board but not to WW. Have had great success in the past but keep veering off "trying the next new thing" instead of sticking to what I know works for me! I am returning to meetings tomorrow at lunch time and will start tomorrow as well!

My name is Patty and I am almost 46 with an almost 6 yr old daughter - also an Emma :D I saw Emma's post here and I also have the same bday as Gaby! I am currently in northern MA/right on the NH border (maybe near Derrydaughter??) though I am a midwestern girl at heart :( I love to see all the successes here :cool:

Look forward to chatting with you all...I was looking for a positive, supportive group with little excuses :carrot: and this seems like a great place!

Take care,

Patty

EmmaGabysMum 06-10-2007 06:26 PM

Patty - welcome! LOL how spooky that your daughter is Emma, and your b/day is the same as Gaby's!!!! I think it's great you're returning to WW. I think it's just natural to want to try the newest, hottest diet/eating plan etc etc, and sometimes we are less inclined to stick with what works for us, when we're promised to lose 100lb in 2 days, and lost 50,000 inches from around our waist (okay so maybe that's an exaggeration!)

Haylo - I know that for me when I've PREVIOUSLY tried to lose weight, I will stick with it for a few days, then I'll have one bad day, so I'll let myself have another bad day, and another bad day - and before you know it I'm back to step one.... with WW if I have one bad day - I remind myself that tomorrow is a new day, with 23 new points to stick to... all we can do IS try our hardest.. But we are all human, and we can't be perfect all the time (and sometimes chocolate is just too irresistable!)

Paige - happy anniversary! I think it's more than justifiable having some cake to celebrate your anniversary!!!!! I think when we have a treat like that once in a while, you appreicate it SOOOOOOO much more than if you were buying 5 cakes a week!

Linda - a lasagne topper. Well it's this fatty naughty evil DELICIOUS invention ;) Basically it's mince with some flavourings in it, and there is like cheese sauce on top of the mince, and it is all coated in breadcrumbs & deep fried and.... ugh just delicious. I used to be so addicted to them, so it has been hard for me to not have one or two each week - we used to get fish & chips/take aways once a week & I would have 2 lasagne toppers... I miss those days to a certain extent, but now that I know how bad they are, it is a lot easier (all the same, sooooo good to have my first one in 4 months!)

Newlifestyle - yea i've started doing some exercise with Gaby. I didn't realise how heavy she is LOL. I'm glad one of us is feeling motivated. I feel so UNmotivated today *sigh*

It's only 10.28am, but I am feeling so unmotivated. I had crunchy peanut butter on toast for breakfast and I want more..... but I'm not going to have more. I should have a yogurt or something. I have no idea what to do for lunch, no idea what to do for dinner.....

derrydaughter 06-10-2007 06:44 PM

Paige, if you get bad "vibes" from that leader that you feel "brushed you off", try to find a different day/time/leader. I must say that there is one leader that I just don't like and I used to go to her meeting, but I felt she was ineffective. I felt she ignore my needs as well, as you may remember what I went through when my dad was dying. Her attention to me and concern could have made a difference in me gaining ALL my weight back, it truly could have.
Haylo, I had to smile at your Spurs thing. I don't even know what they play in terms of which sport!
Patty, welcome and you might be near me! Are you near the coastal area or west of there? I'm near the coast, kind of. We just went for a drive to Hampton Beach NH this afternoon, in fact. What town do you go to meetings in? So, you are a mis-placed Midwesterner? Where are you from originally? How long have you been in the area? I grew up in MA and love New England. One thing you must like around here, at least, is decent seafood. When we lived in NY state, we were about a 5 hour ride from the ocean and, believe me, the seafood was downright "stale" and I hardly ever had anything as it tasted awful to me. If you live close enough to go to the same meeting as me, that would be fun and maybe we might find time to take a walk together!
Emma, the title lasagne topper makes me think of a pasta dish with cheese and tomato sauce and what you describe sounds so off-beat from what I know! I would try it, though, as I do try different things when offered. I have to be brave! I tried sushi recently, but I didn't like it. I felt glad to have been brave enough, at least!
Ann, how are things? What kind of challenges are you facing this week?
As for me, I'm HUNGRY and I want to eat more than I should tonight. I really need to get in control. I will have a big glass of water in a minute and I will have the "allowed" WW ice cream cone a little later. I can't allow myself to eat even if dinner didn't seem to fill me up, and I am not even sure why as the servings were more than adequate.
Yes, Happy Anniversary to Paige! The little cake was well deserved!
My wedding anniversary is coming up, on June 23rd. On that Saturday (wow, it's a weekend for a change!) we are going out to dinner. I must confess that on that one evening there will be no such thing as points, flex anything, allowances of any type and I don't care. It's my special night and if I want 2 or 3 glasses of wine and if I want to get a nice dessert for once, I shall have it and I will enjoy every single mouthful. I will try to be especially good the few days before and I will try to work out a few extra times that week, but I am looking forward to my special day. It will be 23 years for us and I feel entitled. :p

mpaigew 06-10-2007 09:06 PM

Hi all again...

I had just wanted to put in writing right now that I am putting my bad "experience" with the scale behind me, and tomorrow I'm going to keep plugging away. If I keep doing what I have been doing the last few weeks and still don't have any kind of significant loss, I'll pull my leader aside and show her my journal and see what insight she has. I'm also going to continue to post my menus here. If nothing else, I really think that being completely on track lately has made me more happy. I haven't had any of my guilty feelings...I had been feeling on top of the world until I stepped on the scale on Thursday. Maybe I will put my home scales away for awhile and 100% go by WW. It's funny, too...I really enjoyed planning out my menu every morning. It really made me feel more in control.

Ann-Wow, I'm glad that my little posting to you made a difference in your night! You are in control of your days...look how far you have come!

Linda-Your MIL's way of preparing for everyone is kind of odd! LOL! Yes, 23 years is definately something to celebrate. I would go for it, too, and not worry about the points. Dh and I have been married for 6 years. It is incredible that it has been that long already...time just has gone by so fast, and so much has happened.

Tracy-I'm really glad you have decided to stick around here...I think this thread is going to really benefit you. How old are your kids? Where in NY are you? I have lived in NY my whole life...every once in awhile I want to move to FL, but when it comes down to it, I can't imagine not being a NYer anymore! We live about 1 1/2 hrs (with no traffic!) from the city.

Emma-The lasagne topper sounds interesting. I, like Linda, was expecting it to be something that you would put on top of a lasagna. I love how you type, too...(that sounds really stupid...lol!) Like I can hear you talk in your post. Yes, this cake was a treat...I am almost finished with my pastry degree, so I can whip up a cake pretty easily, but it has been a long time since I've made one for us.

Anyway...how did it get to be 9pm already? I am exhausted! Hope everyone has had a fabulous weekend!

haylo921 06-11-2007 12:24 AM

derry: The sport is basketball they are in the finals for the NBA.

emma: lasagna topper sounds interesting!!

paige: happy annivesary I would have celebrated with cake as well.

derrydaughter 06-11-2007 05:40 AM

Hello there. Well, here we go again. Another week has gone by and it's Monday. I misbehaved over the weekend and I am wondering if, yet again, I shall step on the scale tomorrow and have nothing to report for a loss or just a small pittance of a loss.
We all go through good and bad times on our weight loss journey and we all have times where we feel like "chucking it all" and I guess this morning is kind of one of those "rock bottom" moments for me. As I poured my skim milk into my coffee this morning, I had a heavy sigh. I'm so tired of this endless cycle where I am not losing, "cheating" over the weekends and then feeling remorse on Mondays. I am sick of myself, to be honest. I can't stay in control. I journalled everything I ate on Saturday/Sunday late yesterday afternoon and I am over by something like 6 flex points for the week. Not a good thing at all.
You guys will say all the wonderful and "appropriate" things and I will vow to do it better and keep trying, and I guess I will. But, I have to figure out some way to put a stop to this behavior. Here I was yesterday, talking about my wedding anniversary and having what I want for one night, and I will probably still do that. But, I just feel so unproductive and worn to a frazzle over it all. If I want to lose weight, shall I go out on that one evening and maybe risk putting on 3 pounds that I have so dearly worked to lose. Is that a smart choice? I feel like eating is such a fun part of life and I am weary of this battle today. Am I losing this war?
Next week, if will be a year since I rejoined WW. I wish I had at least achieved my 10% goal by now, I was within .6 of that 10% a few weeks ago and then gained back more weight. It's so tiring for me.
I question myself. Do I want this bad enough? If I wanted it that bad, would I still be eating all the things I know are not right? Why do I go in to meetings, weigh in and hardly ever lose anything and then continue doing this, week after week. I pay them $12.00 a week and I sit there in meetings and say I will do it right, and then I go off and each weekend, I blow it again. Weekends are my downfall. I wish I had more of my husband's support and that he would try to eat healtheir as having him home each weekend is really kind of what ruins things for me. He doesn't need to lose weight, so I get dragged off into tempting situations. He eats all the "bad" things in front of me and I get resentful. Why can't I HAVE those things and never gain an ounce. I'm not him, but I have to go all these places with him as his wife. I lose control, time and time again.
How much have I spent, with my $12.00 a week that has gained me practically nothing.
I am glad I have you guys and have my daughter, who is doing so very well with WW, to keep me going. But, today I feel as if it's "fruitless" to even try. It's like a am paddling up a river, the wrong way, sometimes and I can't make headway. I do this to myself. No one makes the decisions about what goes into my mouth but me.
Sorry to sound so blah this morning, but I am truly at this point of impasse. :?:
Hugs to all of you,:hug:
Linda

Newlifestyle 06-11-2007 06:39 AM

Good Morning all.
Linda as I read your post I can truly feel your pain. The reason I feel your pain is that I don't believe it is about weight watchers. I know there was a time in my life that I would eat pretty healthy, exercise and not lose weight. I then realized it was because I was sad. I just felt like I was alone. My husband would go away for work and I was lonely. I had no one to walk with so I did it on my own. It might be nice if Patty lived close to you and you had a ww buddy. Also if money is tight it is hard to justify paying for meetings when you are not feeling successful. Remember you are successful, you have helped me so much in the time I have been here. If it wasn't for you I would have given up and said, "Oh screw it", but then I heard something you had said in a post and I thought, yes I can do this, slow and steady win the race. You have so much support to give to everyone else, how about giving that same support to Linda (yes you). You are so worth it and yes you do deserve it. I think sometimes we do so much for everyone else we forget about ourselves. Here is a Hug, I don't know how to do the picture of one sorry. You take care of you.