Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #121  

Wow, where is everyone today?

The weather feels so nice and hot here today...dh is supposed to be stopping to get me bottle of wine on his way home from work, so I am definately going to sit out in the sun with a glass when he gets home!

I am doing really well with my eating today! Right on plan, except for the wine and instead of chicken for dinner, dh is going to grill me up a burger. He saw the burger challenge on the Food Network the other day and has been wanting to make up a "specialty burger." I still have 17 pts left for the day, so I'm good. I think I might nix the grilled fries, too, and just have some extra veggies.

Hope everyone has had a beautiful day!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:55 PM   #122  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello all, today has been a good day for eating. I did not get a run in yet but plan to do that in a little while.
I hope you are all well.
A specialty burger sounds yummy right now.
Take CAre
Ann
Old 06-02-2007, 01:48 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Ok so after Linda's thought of me being a powerhouse (lol) and me not being able to sleep right now for some reason, I played around enough to figure out how to post a pic of me.... sitting at my computer (I took it myself a few days ago for you guys). It's not my "after" photo yet, because technically I'm not at goal yet. But anyway, I'll post more later, I need to go get sleep now! Paige- did you have some wine??
Old 06-02-2007, 06:20 AM   #124  

Ann, yesterday our posts must have crossed, I do like some of your dessert ideas. Though, Angel Food cakes are dangerous for me, I apparently cannot have them in the house. They are very low in points, but I can't stop myself.
Paige, I'm glad you are journaling here as well. I like your plan, but I wonder if just the crave control yogurt and salsa would be enough? I'd be starving, I think, if that was all I allowed myself. But, I see you gave yourselves extra planned points for "incidentals" so you probably ended up eating more anyway.
Paige, I didn't see the burger challenge, but would have loved it I am sure. So, what did he put in/on yours? Was it good? Hope you enjoyed your wine and the sunshine.
Erica, you look great in your photo. I should try that at some point, but I am very attached to my little sheep motif that I have, sheep have a very special private joke meaning to my sister and I and it always makes me smile to see it.
Now, yesterday turned into a nightmare fiasco. I strayed from what I normally eat and shocked myself by actual coming in using only my 20 points and no flex points, but it was clearly an estimate. I never got on the treadmill. I was supposed to go to the mall with my daughter in the afternoon, but she was really wiped out after a long hot week in school and didn't want to go. I was going to walk the mall with her, so didn't do any exercise. I shall make sure I get that in today.
Now, as far as yesterday. I hate my cable company. They are running a Tevo/DVR promotion right now. For 6 months, you can get a Teco/DVR thing for 99 cents a month. I called to double check it and was told to just go in and pick it up. I even asked if I needed to bring in the cable box, but when I go there I was told that I had to have the cable box with me.
That was the first bad part of the morning, but the second bad part was that I drove to where their office was before, they had moved it. I called for directions on the 800 number I had on their post card and got an operator who barely spoke English give me directions over the phone to their new location in another town. I asked for a local phone number (figuring a local person could easily give me better directions) and was told they don't take local calls at their service centers, it's against policy.
So, for 3 1/2 hours, I drove around the city of Manchester NH looking for the stupid cable place. I had to ask directions twice and I got lost a few times. One time, I fearfully locked my doors as I was in a bad section of the city. It turns out that they moved the office in Manchester too and the directions I had were for their OLD office, but I couldn't even find the street name I was supposed to be looking for.
Finally, after all this time driving around, stopping yet again for directions, I was told I have to have the old cable box in my hands. I was furious. I am going to write them about this experience, but I doubt I will get any satisfaction. They are "the only show in town" as our town contracts with the cable company for a contract. I'm copying the town manager on this. I also mentioned getting satellite TV to my husband yesterday as I have had it with this company. It seems like their rates go up a few cents more each month, they creep up the bill and I look back occasionally and see the bills keep going up, but their service level goes down in comparison.
Sorry for the rant. I needed to get that out.
At any rate, my eating for the day was thrown off. I ate very different foods. When I am stressed and angry, it makes me stop thinking logically. But, without bothering to journal it here a day later, I did actually stay within my points range.
My day was so thrown off by all of this. I wasted hours of my time, didn't get what I wanted to pick up, and also (a huge pet peeve of mine right now) wasted a ton of gasoline driving around looking for that place.
I still feel upset about it.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #125  

Man, what a rough night of sleeping last night.... glad that is over. Now I'm just trying to pump the caffeine before DD's wake up. During the last two weeks or so, I had really been in some sort of a "funk". I don't know what it was, but my eating was off, my mood was up and down. So for Thursday and Friday I went up to my friend's farm and just worked for her, for two days straight. It felt so good to do that. To be helping someone else, to be away from my same boring "mess" and work at home. It really helped me to snap out of whatever rut I was in. I was away from all of the temptations in my kitchen and pantry, it was just me, my sweat and my water bottle. For two days, I would come home so hungry and make myself a nice 6 pt. salad and so appreciate it, every bite of it. Food was truly "fuel" and it felt so good. I'm spelling all of this out for myself right now, because I just want to continue it. I had been doing a lot of emotional/boredom eating, which really attributed to my 4 lb. gain, (I think). I am now down 3, and preparing for my WI on Tuesday night. If I lose just one more by Tuesday, I'll hopefully have maintained and repaired the damage that I had done.

Linda-what a day you had yesterday, that is ridiculous. Ya know what I think it is a lot of times when those things happen? It's like these people don't have a care in the world about their job and doing it right. They know they're going to get their paycheck every week, so it's like, why put the effort into really getting info. correct as they pass it along to you. I find that more and more when dealing with these biggger companies and all of these people on the other end of the phone. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that mess, it sounds like it was huge waste of time. You can keep your sheep, I like it too.

Paige-I always get envious when I hear how your husband cooks for you! I wish mine would. Occasionally he does make meals, and I am grateful for that, but it is very primal, like spaghetti (Ragu) or hotdogs/hamburgers, or tuna fish, he does make a mean chocolate chip pancake for the girls (lol). But it sounds like your husband loves to cook, grocery shop with you etc., that is so nice.

Ann-I've really been trying hard to incorporate fun things in my life as much as possible. There was a great Oprah on last week. There was a woman on there who was saying that the best thing we can do to raise happy kids is to show them as mother's how much WE enjoy life. I never thought of it that way. I just thought if we gave it our all to them (like my mother did to me), then they'll be happy. But I never really appreciated all that my mother did for me. This woman said that kids typically get their views about life more from their mother than anyone else. I bet you that even though your DS is only 4, when you go for your runs, he thinks of his mommy as a strong mommy, independent and valuing yourself. He'll surely model that someday, if not already.

Well I best start my day, after being away from my "mess" for two days, it definitely gotten bigger. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:18 AM   #126  

Good morning all!

Linda-Sorry about your experience yesterday! That really stinks...a local service center not taking local calls?! HUH?! Super customer service! As far as my breakfast yesterday, the Crave Control yogurt is high in fiber, and then the fruit salsa with the cinnamon chips; the wrap that the chips were made out of was also very high in fiber, so I didn't actually snack in between breakfast and lunch. The afternoons are when I'm more likely to snack, so I've been trying to plan something in so I don't go on a raid of the cupboards.

Erica-I like your picture! Isn't it funny, though, how you picture someone to look a certain way and then they look totally different! LOL...Linda looks completely different than I thought she would, too. YES, I had my wine!!! It was wonderful! It was a Reisling from a local winery. I didn't get to sit outside in the sun, however...it had started to thunder.

Soooo today is going to be a fun day. Next weekend we're going camping, so today we're going shopping for some camping gear.

Hope everyone has a super day!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:28 AM   #127  

Erica-Kind of to expand on what you were saying to Ann...I'm in the middle of reading "Tuesdays with Morrie;" have any of you ever read it? It is just an incredible book. It is about a man who developed Lou Gerhig disease, and came to realize what made life important. Last night I read a part that really kind of stuck with me...he said to wake up every morning and ask yourself, "Could this be it? Could this be my last day? If I leave today, am I the way I want people to remember me?" I have a hard time with "don't sweat the small stuff" so I really took this part of the book to heart. Do I really want my girls to remember me as the mom that was always annoyed because their toys weren't put away? I feel like I live my life always annoyed at something, and if I die today, that isn't how I want to be remembered.

Sorry...little tangent. I don't get much of a chance to read books anymore, but this book is very much worth reading!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:30 AM   #128  

Erica, sounds like you are well on the way to repairing that damage! Paige, I don't think you mentioned that you were having the "chips" as well, so now I know that you were not starving all morning!
I just had breakfast, will journal and then I'm getting on that treadmill before my shower!
Points target= 20

coffee creamer/milk throughout the day = 1
cheerios= 2
calorie countdown milk*= 1
1/2 grapefruit= 1

*I've mentioned it before, but if you ever see the fat free Calorie Countdown milk made by Hood in your grocery store check it out. It's 1 point for a cup (45 calories) and it tastes great in oatmeal, cereal and that kind of thing. It contains 30% of your daily calcium in it as well, such a deal!
I will often have a glass of it with dinner at night if I find myself needing an extra calcium serving. It is so hard to find a milk product that fulfills the right percent of your daily calcium needs that is only one point.
Well, off to that treadmill.
Oh yes, Erica, I really liked what you said about you, the work and your water bottle. It made me want to get out in my own yard and do a bit of something for a change. It is what is called "black fly season" here in NH, though. These tiny flies bit and the bites are nasty. They are gone, usually, by mid-June each year.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I'm popping in - I'm struggling and hanging on by my fingernails. If I can get through this next week, I'll be good to go. See you guys!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #130  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Wow great posts this morning. They are all causing me to think about life and stuff. Thanks ladies.
Erica, Your picture is great. Thanks for posting it. Here I was feeling guilty about running not realizing it may be more beneficial to my DS rather than not. Thanks for making me aware of that.
Wow you are a great friend helping your friend like that. That is awesome.
My husband cooks like your husband. Maybe they are related....ha ha.
Paige, that book sounds good. It is funny how we sweat the small stuff until things happen that make us put our lives into perspective.
Linda, that must have been a horrible time yesterday, I am not sure if it was extremely hot there like here, but I would have not liked that experience at all. I need to figure out how to post pictures to so that I can put one on. I am like you Linda a little Techno challenged.
Laura, you can do it, I know you can. Just remember to take time for you.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hello everyone else.
I have had a great day. I am OP, I have walked 10,751 steps so far, had my 5k run and the day is still early. I hope I can stay on track.
Have a wonderful day.
Take Care
Ann
Old 06-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #131  

Hello everyone,

Well I have been MIA this week due to work, but I am back. It was the last day of work for me yesterday before the summer so I was trying to get everyting packed and put away so things were hectic. I was a little of on eating and didn't get much excercise but went to WI today and was down .2 not much but at least it's movement in the right directions especially after my two weeks of going up and up. Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well. I will check in later.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #132  

Haylo-I was thinking about you this morning, wondering if you were doing ok!

I forgot to post my daily menu for today. So far I'm pretty much on track.

Breakfast-PB&J (ww lite bread, pb, sugar free jam)-3
Lunch-ham sandwich w/laughing cow cheese, tomatoes, lettuce-3
ff cottage cheese, strawberries w/balsamic vinegar-3
lettuce w/balsamic vinegar-0

Snack-Popcorn-2
Dinner-2 slices of my pizza w/leftover grilled veggies-7
1 glass of wine-2

Total=20/29

We're about to head out, so I'm thinking I won't end up having the popcorn.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #133  

Happy late afternoon ladies! (and gents if someone reads and doesn't post - if so, shame on you!!!!)
At any rate, I'm feeling pretty good about today's eating so far. We have decided to say "the heck with it" and even if we are a bit broke, we're going to stretch the budget and eat out tonight. This presents it's own set of challenges as I have no clue where we will be eating. But, tomorrow is day 7 of my tracker and I still have 15 flex points left. I'll be OK, I think, if I order conservatively.
Lunch today was a lean cuisine entree for 5 points, it is a baked potato with cheese, broccoli and bacon bits. I enjoyed it. I also have a cup of my WW garden vegetable soup. I am thankful for that stuff as it is 0 points and if you have it along with a normal lunch of some kind, you end up feeling full.
I have chocolate covered sunflower seeds and a WW one point bar this afternoon and I have used 12 out of my 20 points. So, I have 8 points left for the day as well as 15 flex points that could be used, plus I was on the treadmill this morning and earned a point, so I really have 9 points plus the 15 f.p. Dinner can be fun and I can have wine!
Laura, so good to hear from you. What's up with the hanging on by our fingernails? Tell us what is wrong and how can we help?
Ann and Paige, my husband can cook and likes it, but he sadly has no time at all. I wish he did, as he is actually a good cook, especially when it comes to Italian foods. I always was jealous of his previous girlfriend, but she was Italian and believe it or not, her dad taught Mark to cook. He can make great eggplant, scampi and things like that. But, sadly, he just never has time. But, one day, when he retires, he may take up cooking again. By the way, when my dad retired, he and my mom took turns cooking and doing dishes every other night. So, on the night mom cooked, dad did the dishes, etc. That was a nice break and my mom told me dad, "I'm retired too" which meant that ALL the housework she always did as the stay at home mom over the years became shared. It only made sense.
Ann, you are correct, yesterday totally was a bad day. I did well to stay on program as I was so stressed. I get really angry when there is poor service and uncaring people to deal with. I'm quite tempted to switch from cable to satellite and will begin to look into it. I think it's up to us all to make sure we give feedback when service is poor and not accept it. If we accept it, then we are part of what is wrong maybe?
Haylo, good to hear from you - was wondering where you've been. Hey, .2 is better than a gain like I had this week!
Paige, I want your food! I'm hungry and just ready your menu for today. I really like when we are journaling with each other as we get some good meal ideas that can be appealing. I think we all tend to be bored with the usual and then we get ourselves into trouble?
Old 06-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #134  

Linda-I am excited about my menu today, too! I am so thankful that Laura had mentioned that strawberry salad because it really got me on a strawberry-balsamic kick. MMMMMM! I love the contrast of the sweetness of the strawberries and the sharpness of the vinegar. Oh, and get this...today while out shopping for our camping gear, I spotted a pizza grilling pan! We grill like crazy this time of year, and have done pizza on the grill before, but it ended up being a little more hassle than it was worth. This pan thing is a regular pizza pan, but it sits atop of this other thing. (sorry, not the best explainer! LOL!) The only thing that has to be cleaned is the actual pizza pan. Oh, and the best part...I have a discount card for the store, so I ended up getting it for free! Heeeheee!

Chat later!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:05 AM   #135  

Well yesterday went OK I guess. I was able to stay on track and within my points until about dinner time. We went to this Hot Dog place. Although I didn't order my own dinner, b/c I wasn't really crazy hungry, I did take bites off of DD's, that always gets me. I think I'm being "good" by not ordering and just taking the bites. When really I should have ordered whatever I could have on the menu that would have been low in points (there wasn't much), and then just count the points. That is a bad habit that I have. On the way home, DH wanted to stop for ice cream. I really did not, and the kids weren't even hungry. So, luckily I convinced him not to, I was so glad for that. When we got home, 8yr. old DD and I went for a bike ride around our block which is 5 miles. She did really good, considering there is at least one monster hill. Toward the end of the ride she said to me, "If I keep doing this, will I lose weight?". I was like oh man. So we had a little discussion about being healthy and building muscle. I guess it just amazed me that she thought "her legs were fat" when they just aren't. So we talked about how she has nice muscular legs, "just like mom" and she should be proud of them. She seemed content after that, so I just left it alone.

Linda-how was your dinner last night?

Paige- please share, share about the strawberry and balsamic thing? Is it just strawberries drizzled with balsamic? That sounds so good! I have a friend, that whenever we get together he makes this salad, it's so simple and good. He takes a huge bag of salad mix and tosses it with balsamic, a couple of packets of equal or splenda, crumbly blue cheese, and walnuts or almonds. So simple, but soooo good! Send me that pic of Linda, I want to have a visual in my mind of her, when I'm reading her posts, I already kind of have one, but I know it's probably way off!

Haylo-so happy to hear you are done for the summer AND down this week!!! That is awesome! You sound tired though..... glad to be done?

Ann-wow you are getting a ton of exercise in this week. When is your WI day? Sounds like you're gonna be down a lot this week. I have yet to get that pedometer, but I so want one after I hear of all your recorded steps.

Laura-glad that your stopping in for a "drive-by" here, hang in there, you'll get back on track when this is all over.

Well, I'm starting to mentally prepare for my third meeting tomorrow night. My group has had two weeks off of WI b/c of the holiday. Last meeting we talked about the "journey" and I planted that seed in their minds. So tomorrow night I think I will follow up with that, and see if any of their thinking was different about weight loss, and what NSV's they accomplished in the last two weeks. I think I also want to talk about sabotagers tomorrow night. I think it's important to talk about that early on as well, so they can feel strong in their efforts, and gain strength when it comes to heading off those people on our lives that are threatened by our weight loss efforts. Is anyone dealing with that right now? Any discussion about this would be great in helping me to prepare for my meeting. I feel like you guys should get a cut of my $28/meeting WW check, because this is where I get all of my material, thanks ladies!!!
Closed Thread