Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 11:09 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - November 5, 2001

Good morning everyone

Hope everyone is doing okay. I'm still not back to normal--made a trip to the doctor this morning for an antibiotic for this sinus infection that I've managed to contract.

DS #2 went to the doctor on Friday and we were sent for a strep test--got the results this morning that it's positive. From what I gather, we were supposed to have been notified over the weekend and the antibiotic should have been started right away and he shouldn't be in school today...geesh! Always something!

The weather here is crip and cool...very typical autumn weather. I'm just thankful there's no snow yet!
Old 11-05-2001, 05:54 PM   #2  

Hey there Melissa. Hope you feel better soon!

Just came back from WW meeting and lost 2 lbs. yikes! \

Guys this can't be real, I've not been very good lately and I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I want to "put it out there" that I'm hoping to bank some points this week - to spend this upcoming weekend. Hubby and I are going to the wine country and I want to have some flexibility to eat and drink a bit.
Old 11-06-2001, 07:09 AM   #3  

WTG Patch. I know exactly what you mean about what you see as undeserved success. I ate so much junk food last week that I was sure I gained.Weighed myself this morning and I appear to be down slightly. I did have a good OP day yesterday and got out for a 30 minute run, but there's no way one good day could have made up for all of the bad ones.

Melissa: Hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you caught a bug similar to the one I had a few weeks ago. Get lots of rest.

Our weekend away was divine. I'm always blown away by how beautifully Old World Quebec City is. A little bit of Europe in North America - and the exchange rate (if you're Canadian) won't kill you. Definitely a must if you have never experienced it. And I was really surprised by now many people spoke English this time around. I was hoping to give my French a real workout - which I did to a certain extent but not as much as I expected. The only down side to the weekend was that it was much too short

I'll check in later.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:44 AM   #4  

Patch: WTG! I know what you mean though aout waiting for the "other shoe to drop". Generally what I've done when I don't think the loss is "real" is to make sure I stick to staying OP for the week just in case.

Seasaw: Sounds like you had a really nice weekend away. My parents honeymooned there 40 years ago.

I'm feeling much better today...the pressure in my sinuses is gone and the stuffy head feeling is subsiding. It probably helped that I was in bed by 10:15 p.m. last night too. It was the first night in a while that I slept through the night.

I'm really not looking forward to going for my WI this week because my activity level was basically nil due to being sick. I even skipped my yoga class last night because of the bad sinus headache. I'm hoping to get out at noon and do some walking and take advantage of the lovely autumn weather. The sun is shining and the leaves are really pretty.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-06-2001, 11:31 AM   #5  

Good morning!

The weather's been wonderful here the last several days - true Indian summer (sounds like you're having the same weather, Melissa ).

Patch - congrats on the loss - almost to your dream goal!!

Melissa - glad to hear you're feeling better - those sinus infections are a bummer. How's your son doing w/his strep?

Seasaw - welcome back!

Since I've decided to try maintaining my weight, I've been eating more & been less strict. My weight has not gone up despite the extra points I've been consuming on a regular basis. Makes me think that maybe I've been eating too few points while in the "losing" mode. I've heard many members who lost several extra pounds after they hit goal while doing their six weeks of maintenance and were adding points back. Who knows? Anyway, if I can eat more & not gain weight, I'm all for it.

Gotta run - doctor appt - will be asking her about my chronic insomnia....
Old 11-06-2001, 05:19 PM   #6  

Thanks guys for the support. I've been pretty good so far this week. And have banked some points to go towards our Anniv. Wkend. Boy it's good to have this place to chat about this stuff.

Katie, I'm curious what's your range and what have you increased it to on Maintenance? In a few weeks - when I reach the 129 dream goal, I'm going to be going back to adding a few more points and need to find out what seems to be the breaking point. Any insight from you or any of you guys would be greatly appreciated! PS Good luck with the doc re insomnia.

Glad to hear you guys can relate to my little "piglett fest". And will keep you in mind this week - re staying OP.

Seasaw - Quebec City is truly lovely. My hubby and I went there a couple of years ago, for a short weekend - while on a visiting streak in Mass and NH. We just loved it.

Melissa - glad to hear you're feeling better. Don't push yourself exercise wise. I always do and then have a relapse.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:43 AM   #7  

Patch -
My losing range is supposed to be 18-25 (I go by the 123 point ranges). I looked up my past three weeks of point totals & here's what it looks like:

Oct 17-23: 20,21,?,?,?,28,27 Average: 24 pts

Oct 24-30: 27,22,?,?,?,29,29 Average: 26.75 pts

Oct 31-Nov 6: 27,26,30,33,?,26,30 Average: 28.66 pts

Lots of holes on the weekend days, but seem to generally be in the 26-33 range. Hasn't seemed to make my weight increase, so we'll continue on in that range, I guess. I have been pretty diligent with the exercise, so I'm sure that helps.
Old 11-07-2001, 10:14 AM   #8  

Patch: I'm starting to feel more like myself and haven't pushed to do anything major. I did manage to go out for a little walk yesterday but nothing big. I decided to check myself on my home scale this morning and it's showing I'm up and I'm a little disgruntled because my scale is showing I'm over the top of my goal range (144)... maybe it's reading higher because of the extra water weight I'm hanging onto because I'm not walking? or maybe from the medication I'm taking? I've been doing good journal-wise and haven't really gone "hog wild". Anyway, I'm really not in the mind-frame for my meeting which is all the more reason for me to go to get motivated.

Katie: My son is doing pretty well with the strep...his case must be a mild one because he hasn't really complained too much. He went to school today so we'll see how he feels when he comes home. Sounds like you're doing great with maintaining. I'm getting tired of the yo-yo going on with me lately.

Glad to hear everyone is doing okay
Old 11-07-2001, 01:58 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Hello darlings.

Glad to be home for a few days. The troops were beset in my absence. I think my dog and cat think I'm abandoning them and they cannot be bribed by swiss chocolate.

Had a nice trip, ate too much and didn't exercise other than walking around. I hung out with my cousin who is a runner and he doesn't eat much, so at least we didn't spend lots of time in fattening restaurants. My aunt is a wonderful cook and just couldn't understand my need to say, no more please. However, they are all extremely trim and active folks.

The weather was outstanding too. We went to strasbourg and interlaken, switzerland for saturday and sunday. I was amazed at the alps. I don't think I had ever been there. It was also fun to hang out with the family. I still think of my cousins as being little boys, not full grown men.

So, back on track today. Going to wi tomorrow and thinking i'll be on the gaining track. Too much sodium and not enough activity. I know what you mean about letting the other shoe drop though.

Melissa : I hope you feel better and same with DS. I hate strep, it just feels awful and antibiotics are also not fun.

kt: Glad to hear you are happy with your weight and have decided to maintain. I think journalling is the key, of course, journalling 40 pt days all week, is not a good idea. I hope the doctor gives you good advice about your insomnia.

seesaw: I have heard such good things about QC. J'espere que vous etait un bon weekend avec votre mari.

Patch: ah, are you guys schlepping all the way up to napa or sonoma or just making up to SB? I think the weather will be divine and the vineyards should all be changing color.

where is that Laurel?

well, i should probably get to work. I will fill in my pathetic journals today.

lala
Old 11-07-2001, 02:51 PM   #10  

Lala: Welcome back! Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip. Walking is all I do for exercise, well other than yoga, and that has helped me along the way. You're smart to go for your weigh a day or two after you've gotten home. I went last year right after I got off of the airplane and had quite a shock...anyway, even if you do post a small gain you know it's going to come off once you get the water flowing again.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I took a deep breath and weighed in at noon...my scale at home is obviously not a good indicator of where my weight is at...I weighed in just at the top of my goal weight (144). I talked to my leader a little bit about my lagging motivation and she suggested I take another look at the "Breaking through" booklet. I did notice that my problem with maintaining began when my friend from work was "restructured" out of a job. We had worked together for 20 years and had been walking buddies and encouraged each other on. I need to refocus and move forward now...the grieving has to stop.

This is way longer that what I had planned on writing. Happy Hump Day everyone!
Old 11-08-2001, 04:17 PM   #11  
si, si signora

hello darlings.
Lovely day here in the Emerald City, where we still have no mayor.

I am slowly getting back to normal. Didn't do anything of merit yesterday, but dishes and some laundry. I have got to schedule these little jaunts to return on saturday. I am not my best the following day at work.

Well, I weighed in and posted a gain, I'll get it off by next week. I am slowly realizing that to maintain or lose I have to do some form of exercise for at least 45 minutes a day or else I'll just plump up again.

Interesting meeting topic today of focusing. We were given a little bag to put a few treasures in. We received two gifts to put in the bag today. One was a popsicle stick that we wrote down on what we wanted to focus on and the other was a piece of gift wrapping paper that we wrote our goal for Jan 1. Next week, another gift. There are only 8 weeks left of this year... Argh.

Soooo, this weekend, we are going to the hudson river valley (why, you ask???? ). It certainly isn't because I love airline food, but that there is a exhibition of large sculptures by Alexander Calder at stormking that we wanted to see. It was supposed to end on Nov. 15, However, it has been extended to next year. I'm opting for not going, but DP insists we go. myra or laurel: do you know anything do around mountainville or newburgh? We're only there for a day or so, but I'm stymied for a place to stay.

Anyways, the weather looks good and I'm looking for a hotel for Saturday night that has a gym so that I can get my sunday am work out in.

So, I am so verbose. Sorry.

Have a faboo thursday!

lala
Old 11-09-2001, 10:19 AM   #12  
LM

Hi I have to apologize for being so unverbose! Not much to report on my end.

lala sorry, upstate ny is a bit out of my range. But have fun anyway. I'm sure there are gazillions of hotels/motels and lots of space since this is really a between season time (not summer, not skiing).

I'm thinking of skipping out of work really early today and catch up on life!

Have a great weekend everybody
Closed Thread